The Console Wars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
There is zero reason for a short single player mode in any game. It is a gigantic rip off every single time. I don't care how good the story is if I am beating the game in an evening there is a problem.

Nation

Lots of games just focus on the multiplayer now which sucks. Take a look at Modern Warfare 2. Killzone 2 managed to get in a full campaign and a great campaign at that while MW2 is a mere 4-5 hours. What a piece of shit.

Kassidy

Reaction score
MW2 = Giant piece of shit. uncharted 2 beats it in everyway, multiplay/single player, but ME2 is one of the best games ever imo.

straight_edge76

Honestly I do not like mulitplayer all that much. I would much rather have a game with a superior campaign mode than one with a sub-par and short campaign mode in favor of an extensive multiplayer.

Nation

I love multiplayer but a 4-5 hour campaign is bullshit. A lackluster campaign is also bullshit. Resistance 2 only had a decent campaign so they could put so much time into the co-op/multiplayer. Fall of Man was great, it had pretty much everything except a real co-op mode.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
The people who say Xbox is better than PS3 are those who just can't get enough of the same first person shooter being released over and over and over again, and who's entire judging of the game comes from how well it plays online.

I made this argument in the last thread, but I will say it again. Online play does NOT decide if your game is good or not. You need a solid, lengthy and entertaining Campaign mode FIRST. Replayability of that campaign mode SECOND. Local multipliplayer options THIRD. And online content LAST.

This is what Microsoft fanboys don't understand, nay, what they REFUSE to understand. Is that good gameplay comes first, online play comes last. Xbox users cling to how their online servers are better, and whenever you want to talk about game sales they instantly go to "Halohalohalohalohalohalo" and don't mention anything else. So does that beat to an XBot that I can say that the PS3 version of every game in existence can outsell the Xbox's version of the game and they STILL would consider Xbox king because it has Halo? Fanboy Bullshit.

PS3 has superior blueray technology. Which fits lightyears more space and game capability for their exclusives. Hell, graphics and content need to be dumbed DOWN for the Xbox and Wii to be included in the making of a game. If PS3 has more exlusives, the quality in gameplay, graphics, content & overall enjoyment of the game would be a no contest against Microsoft.

They have less technical problems, better technology, cheaper internet (free in fact), More hard drive space, which is actually a HARD DRIVE instead of a giant memory card that passes off as a hard drive. And yet with all their superior product, they STILL manage to keep the prices reasonably close to the Xbox 360. After all, if Sony found a way to make the PS3 cheaper than the XBox, you can't tell me with a straight face that you would honestly buy the Xbox with it's older disk technology over the super advanced bluray capabilities and drive space of PS3 at a cheaper price.

That's the only reason Microsoft is still even in this debate. Because they have a cheap system, made of cheap materials, cheaply manufactured with cheap developers that just make the same exclusive over and over again and make sales just off of brand name value > content.

Nation

lol the 360 doesn't even have the best shooters. The 360 has Halo 3 and a Halo expansion. The PS3 has Killzone 2, Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 2, and MAG. Killzone 2 alone gives it the catagory as it's one of the best(if not the best) shooter this generation. Resistance 2 has some of the best multiplayer and co-op, Fall of Man has fun multiplayer to this day and has an amazing campaign to back it up, and MAG is a FPS shooter MMO that works.

nation

Reaction score
Re: 360

Why the hell would you get a 360 at this day and age? It was cool when the PS3 didn't have many games but that's changed now.

nation

Reaction score

360 only has Halo Reach and Gears 3. That's it.

maty619

Reaction score

360s are more for kids hence I have one because it is alot better for chatting to friends and shit like but PS3 is more for the adults of the world because it is better.

J...

Reaction score

360s are more for kids hence I have one because it is alot better for chatting to friends and shit like but PS3 is more for the adults of the world because it is better.

Are you fucking kidding me. The Wii is for Kids. 360 is for Online Gamers. Ps3 is for Graphics.

nation

Reaction score

Alan Wake is a piece of shit compared to Heavy Rain. Mass Effect is on the PC. Hence it not being a exclusive.

G 3

Reaction score

Better? Xbox has better online play, better marketplace, better exclusives, and better graphics.