• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the better proffesional wrestler?

• Stone Cold Steve Austin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CM Punk.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
These two have sparked comparisons due to their rebelling against authority ideologies. Rumors have spread of a potential match up between the two but who is the better professional wrestler?​

The tale of the tape.​

Stone Cold
Weight : 252lb
Height : 6 ft 2 in
Signature maneuver : Stone Cold Stunner

CM Punk
Weight : 218lb
Height : 6 ft 2 in
Signature Maneuver : Go 2 Sleep

The best way to get an idea who is the best is to compare three differing aspects. Wrestling ability, promo ability and star power. I'll offer my assessment now.​

In ring.​

Punk wins this for me. I wasn't really that impressed with Austin post neck injury when he reverted to the more brawling style. He was better before the injury but Punk's grasp on wrestling psychology puts him head and shoulders above most other performers.​

Punk 1 Austin 0​

The ability to cut promos.​

Austin wins this one narrowly. He's cut better promo's then Punk has ever done. Yes I'm including the shoot. Austin is more steady in his voice whilst Punk struggles to maintain a steady tone during some of his work. Punk's great Austin is above that.​

Punk 1 Austin 1

Star Power​

The deciding factor is one which is often over looked during the evaluation of a wrestler. Star power. This isn't about drawing power but the ability to draw the audience into what they say. Having people upon the edge of their seat with every action. Austin wins this for me partly down to a revolutionary gimmick but mainly due to his portrayal.​

Punk 1 Austin 2

There we have it Austin wins this battle for me as the greater wrestler between the two.​

Feel free to evaluate my way, your own way or not at all.​

CMPuLs3

Reaction score
No one will ever be better than Austin.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Austin is the greatest of all time. Mic ability is a close one though, I'd put Punk above great. Punk in my opinion is one of the greatest mic workers of all time. I'd still put Austin above him in that department though. Good thread!

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Austin > Punk in ring.
Sorry.
3-0, clean sweep.

Goldberg

The Artiste
Reaction score
Steve is my answer. He draws in the crowd significantly more than cm punk. I think he can even be compared in that criteria to Cena or Hogan. I think the only criteria that he may fall low in would be in the ring. Possibly only because of lack of moves
maybe.

I don't know why the two are being compared.

I've been meaning to say this for a while. People on this forum think too highly of Cm Punk.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Goldberg said:
Steve is my answer. He draws in the crowd significantly more than cm punk. I think he can even be compared in that criteria to Cena or Hogan. I think the only criteria that he may fall low in would be in the ring. Possibly only because of lack of moves
maybe.

I don't know why the two are being compared.

I've been meaning to say this for a while. People on this forum think too highly of Cm Punk.

Tis' not just this forum my friend, the whole IWC adores Punk. Mainly because he's trying to bring change to a product that most of the IWC thinks is declining.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Austin was better an was the reason the attitude era was such a success

However Punk is the best of the era we're in now and in time will cement his place as one of the all time greats! Plus he's only gonna get better!

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Stone Cold is the answer for me. He's better than CM PUNK that's just my opinion, though

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I knew Austin would win this and rightly so but I'm surprised he's getting definitive wins. I thought it would be closer tbh. Especially in ring.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I think most people agree Punk is a better ring worker. It'd be easier to compare them both if they were in the same era. Stone Cold had louder crowds and a bigger audience to entertain. Some people say Punk wouldn't last in the AE, I think he would of relished it personally.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I think most people agree Punk is a better ring worker. It'd be easier to compare them both if they were in the same era. Stone Cold had louder crowds and a bigger audience to entertain. Some people say Punk wouldn't last in the AE, I think he would of relished it personally.

Plus it's very difficult to look past the booking Austin was a superman from 1998 to about 2001/2002 were as Punk's has been very inconsistent.