The Benoit Family Tragedy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

X-Pac

Reaction score
I do not think Benoit did it. I read something earlier that said the guy, Kevin something I forget, used to be married to Nancy could of killed them all.

The A-man

Reaction score
^^^Speaking of which.....

Did Kevin Sullivan Murder Chris Benoit and His Family? Reported By Mark 6/29/2007 said:
Sent in From Impact Fan Ryan:

Credit: Rebel Republican Blog

The tragic deaths of Chris Benoit and his wife Nancy and son Daniel have shocked the wrestling world. The police are calling it a double-murder-suicide, but is it really? Let’s look at some facts. It has been 10 years exactly since Nancy divorced Kevin Sullivan to marry Chris Benoit. In the 1980’s Sullivan, along with his then-wife Nancy, were running a gimmick in wrestling of how they were Satanists, and Nancy was known as “The Fallen Angel.” She later became known as “Woman.” The trouble with the Satanists gimmick was it was for real, and was not a work, or fake. In the 1990’s Kevin Sullivan was the booker for WCW, and he scripted his wife Nancy into having an affair with Chris Benoit who was a member of the Four Horsemen. This made for a good angle, except, the acting became reality as Chris and Nancy actually fell in love and Nancy divorced Sullivan to marry Benoit.

Benoit left the WCW to go to work for the WWE which was then known as the WWF. It is a fact that Sullivan threatened Benoit and told him he would kill him. Yes, that was 10 years ago, but Kevin Sullivan is no dummy. He is known for being a calculating, cold-hearted individual. Today, according to a source close to me, Kevin Sullivan is a high ranking member of the Satanic Church. The police need to consider the possibility that Sullivan carried out these gruesome murders in order to have his revenge, which is what Satanists live for. He could have entered the home, with an accomplice or accomplices and held the Benoit’s at gunpoint, Sullivan could have then bound up Nancy, and made Benoit and his son watch as he strangled the life out of her. Then the next day after making Benoit and his son spend the day in agony, murdered Benoit’s little boy because of his hatred for the offspring of Benoit and Nancy. Then he could have made Benoit wait an entire day before killing him to by hanging him in the basement.

josh1122

Reaction score
Yeah this is was just a strange case, it sounds like something you heard about or see in movies the way everything is

im just wonderng what exactly was the motive behind this if there even was one

Y2JFan

Reaction score
While the Sullilvan angle really isn't as far-fetched as some might think, I still think that if it were Satanists, Daniel would not have been killed in the manner he was. His murder was as non-violent as a murder could be, indicative of how a parent murder's his/her child.
I think with Satanists, there would have been brutal stabbings and bloodshed. That's just my opinion.

I hate that this is how it turned out for Benoit, and even though I hate what he did to his family, I will still miss him.

I don't think he was himself when he did this either, I think some major changes occurred to his brain chemistry and his mental health.

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
The blood that benoit shed in the ring; does not condone the blood shed of Nancy and Daniel.

The sacrifies Benoit made in his life to be a wrestler; does not condone the sacrifices of his Wife and Son.

The choke hold he used in the ring; does not condone his actions of using a choke hold to kill his son

The 'intensity' shown in the ring; does not condone his 'intesity' when murdering his Wife and Son.

You know they had this First nations wrestler on the radio who I guess wrestles when RAW comes to Canada. He was saying, "Oh I can't believe this could happen to such a great wrestler," as if wrestlers should be immune to murder or horrifically bad judgement. LOL

But isn't that the way people are? Superstars don't do anything wrong, and when they do they just can't believe it because that person was a "star."

WYJAX

Reaction score
How funny. I enjoy watching wrestling, and have since I was a little boy over 25 years ago. I enjoy watching the "characters" I see and some of the storylines as well as the physical activity I see in the ring. What is really shocking is that many of you here are still debating Chris Benoit's actions and character as if you knew him personally. Let me tell you, he was no hero. He was an athlete and an ACTOR. He was paid to act a certain way to play a character. This was not him in his real life. He could have been a cold hearted monster this whole time and no one would have known any better. The celebration at WM20 with Eddie and his family, he was ACTING! He knew well in advance that he was going to win that night and get the belt, yet he still cried and acted like it was the biggest accomplishment in his life. The fact is that he killed his wife and his son......period. It doesn't matter why, it doesn't matter what drugs were in his system. If it was roid rage, he knew full well the chances that he was taking and the possible side effects of the drugs. Yet he still chose to take them at the risk of everyone around him. He turned out to be a son of a bitch in the highest manner possible. I was sad at first, when I heard of his death. When I found out he had killed his own family, my sadness quickly turned to disgust. I can't say that I was shocked because I didn't know him personally, so I had no idea what his private life was like. I don't assume to know his moral character because I have watched his character on tv for many years the way that some of you have done. Let me ask you this, if he killed your sister and nephew, would you still say that he deserves to be in the hall of fame? Look at Pete Rose, he is banned from baseball for betting! And people here are still chanting the praise of a sick bastard like Benoit. The whole notion of someone killing him and making it look like a murder suicide is just rediculous. You watch too much CSI. Chris Benoit was a big dude. I can tell you that in know way could I watch someone kill my wife and kid and not have a mark on me. Someone would have had to kill me and there would be signs of a struggle to say the least. He was a piece of shit who freaked out and killed his wife first, then went into his sons bedroom and smothered him with a pillow. Then he took the chicken shit way out and hung himself with the cable to a weight machine. Hopefully, placing the bibles next to Nancy and Daniel was some type of a show of remorse before he killed himself, but it changes nothing. Has he left an indellable mark on wrestling.....kind of, but I would call it more of a scar.

Y2JFan

Reaction score
WYJAX,

While I agree that no one here can speak of Benoit from personal experience, since none of us knew him, I personally was interested in what those who did know him and had a close personal relationship with him for 15+ years had to say.
Those people say of his character/morality something different than what his final actions said.

I have had trouble myself with feeling any sympathy for woman, child-murderer. I've had to ask myself if I'd never heard of this guy before, would I even have a twinge of it?

Benoit had an established history of character and way of life. This simply did not match up with that. I look at the people in my life who I do know well and love, and I imagine if something went terribly wrong within them and they did something awful like this. How would I feel about them then? I would find it tragic and heartbreaking all around, which is what this situation is.

He loved his family for a lot of years, then committed the ultimate act of harm against them in one weekend. I still believe he was not right in the head, not right in the soul when this took place. He was obviously tormented in some way, and seemed to have lost his grip on reality.

There are types of people and personalities you'd expect this type of act from--Sociopaths and narcissists who harm others without blinking an eye if it benefits them.
This type of person will also cover up a crime like this, and attempt to carry on with his life like nothing ever happened--all about self-preservation. They don't take their own lives, because they can easily live with what they have done.
These types of people are also easier to hate. From what those who did know Benoit for all these years experienced, he did not fit this profile.

And that's how so many people can actually be conflicted about this man who did the unthinkable to his family.

Reaction score
Ok, Benoit had a history of violence in the relationship. In 2003 there was a protective order filed by Nancy on Chris. Also, you cant base what someone is like on whether or not its ok that they killed their family. People hide in themselves, stay quiet while they are really bottling it all up inside. Sure you dont want to believe that someone like that could do something that horrible. You have to expect anything in this world. You should listen to your mom when she tells you, Dont judge a book by its cover. Sure you would of had to read a LONG LONG LONG time to get to something like this is Benoit. Its in everyone, just whether or not the follow through. Everyone is capable of murder, you can say your not, but you are. With Benoit not showing many signs that this was coming, or not seeming to be a thet kind of guy, still doesnt make up for what he did. It took him 2 days to complete, sure there may have been something go on upstairs, he lost his mind and killed his wife. He had time to think afterwards and still killed his son, then thought some more and killed himself. He killed his wife and child. Thats all their is to it. It is over, done with, and closed, until more information is released. With Benoit being dead as well, hes guilty until proven innocent. And until he is proven innocent, I dont believe there is much to talk about with Benoit until that point

WYJAX

Reaction score
It's fairly obvious to me, that those who claimed to know Chris Benoit on a personal level truly did not. On the Raw tribute, everyone who talked pretty much said the same thing. Chris Benoit was a very private person, he kept everything inside. So how do you really get to know someone like that. They knew the part of him that he let them see, that's it. Even Chavo who was supposedly like family to Chris made a big deal about taking Chris' kids to the movies with him. For someone who has "known" Benoit for like 15 years and considered them family for a good period of that, I'd say stuff like that should go on all the time, not just once. I know the friends that I have that are like family, their kids can come over and spend the night and vice versa. So, basically I think that all the people who claimed to know him thought he would never do something like this. Now they all realize they didn't know him as well as they thought. Ask his dead wife if she thought he was capable of something like this. She knew him better than anyone and she filed a restraining order against him and wanted a divorce a few years ago.

Y2JFan

Reaction score
She obviously didn't think he was capable of this, seeing as she allowed herself to be vulnerable to him, her back to him, minding her own business when this happened.

I still just don't see how you live the first 40 years of your life as a non-murderer, then turn into one all of a sudden. He had domestic violence issues with Nancy a couple of times, which is only indicative of a flaring temper during heated arguments, which would include almost half the population--and people who have not and will not kill anyone.

He probably only had a couple of people he was comfortable letting know him, as is the case with most private people. It still seems uncharacteristic of him, based on his whole life of living and behaving, to have done this.
And I'm not among people who are disputing that he did it--I believe he did.
I just think the person who committed these acts is not the same person who'd walked the earth for the previous 40 years. That's just my belief.

WYJAX

Reaction score
You can't say wether or not she thought he was capable of this at all. So please don't try. Your statement about him being the same person for 40 years, people change mt friend. The domestic dispute thing, sure husbands and wifes argue all the time, but how many times has it resulted in a restraining order being filed. This is a classic tale of a woman who was shown tell tell signs of a man who was unstable, yet she stayed with him. Not trying to say that this is her fault in any way, she just didn't see the obvious signs from the start. As the facts of this case become clearer and clearer, and the private life of Chris Benoit is held under the microscope even more, it's obvious to me that this was an unstable man who needed some type of professional help.

Y2JFan

Reaction score
I absolutely agree that he needed professional help, and I wish he would have sought some.

When I say that she obviously didn't see this coming: I can say for myself that if I believed someone could/might possibly kill me, in no way would I:
1) ever have my back to him
2) continue to live and sleep under the same roof as him
3) allow my child to live and sleep under the same roof as him
And who would??

To say that she did know he was capable of this, you'd have to say that she knowingly and deliberately left herself and her son in harm's way--not only in harm's way, but death's way. Do you want to try to say that?

WYJAX

Reaction score
If she felt the need to file a restraining against him at one time, then obviously she felt he was capable and willing to harm her in some physical manner. Maybe not to the extent of what transpired, but at some point she felt he threatened her physical well being. Unfortunately, she dropped the restraining order, and we may never know why. Again, the saddest thing about this, is that her alarm went off at one point and she chose to turn away from it and suffered the most dire fate of all. So to answer your question, yes, I think she thought he was capable of causing her serious bodily harm, and at some level, afraid he would do it.

Y2JFan

Reaction score
People (mostly women) file restraining orders all the time. Sometimes out of legitimate fear for the safety, sometimes out of anger--being so mad at the other person that they want nothing to do with them.

At any rate, her most recent actions demonstrated no fear for her own or her son's safety at his hand.
She also likely saw the worst of Chris Benoit there was to be seen over the years.

Whether she just made a foolish error, as do many women in abusive relationships, or simply had no reason to believe this would happen, it didn't appear that she immediately saw this coming. And my point is that she, more than anyone else, would know best.

WYJAX

Reaction score
People (mostly women) file restraining orders all the time. Sometimes out of legitimate fear for the safety, sometimes out of anger--being so mad at the other person that they want nothing to do with them. QUOTE]

I think that is a pretty stereotypical statement, and an even more blatant one than that. After many years in Law Enforcement, I can tell you that most people that file a restraining order need a very valid reason to do so before it will be signed into action by a judge. You can't just file an order to keep someone away from you because you don't like them, it will get thrown right into the garbage. So, no offense here, but that was a very uninformed statement. You questioned in your post that maybe she made an error as do many women in abusive relationships. I believe this truly is the case, and a very sad one at that.