The Benoit Family Tragedy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

cmpunk2007

Reaction score
There is a newpaper artice in the Atlanta newspaper. It is real! Also posted here at strike3forums.com

I have been a Wrestling fan for over 20 years. His wife Nancy was a manager of Chris's in WCW. He name there was ( Woman)

Chris you will be missed. Now you and Eddie will be reunited again.

The Ripper

Reaction score
At least people can take peace in the fact he wasnt shot to death

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
Damn, still can't believe he died.

I keep thinking back to Wrestlemania XX when they were celebrating in the ring as world champions. Now they are both gone.

J

Dude this fucking sad...I can't believe it...2 of my fav. wrestlers dies within' 2 years...Dude i don't know what to say...

Reaction score
Wow!

I honestly cannot believe this. Benoit was the reason I started watching wrestling, and has been my favourite since. I will miss him horribly!

RIP Chris Benoit.

RedAlpha

Reaction score
When i used to be somewhat active here (heh, i bet noone remebers Crippler59). Benoit was one of my favorites from the old WCW, along with others such as Brett Hart and Dean Malenko. I first tuned to USA to see what this whole "death" of Vince McMahon was about, and only struck to see that Benoit is dead, and his family, I can't get over that his family died too.

RIP.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Well I am sitting here still in shock....I remember about 2003 or so I was a young wrestling fan...I would always talk about how Benoit was my #2 least favorite Wrestler....I remember sitting in the stands at Royal Rumble 2004 booing Benoit as he took Big Show over the top rope....I remember my first fucking post ever on IWF was about how Hardcore Holly deserved a title shot over Benoit and about how Benoit shouldnt win the Royal Rumble (this was about a month before RR 2004 and I was a young,stupid kid)....after i grew up and matured.I realized that Benoit was a god in the ring and that he gave it 100% everymatch...

I have enjoyed watching Benoit wrestle for all of these years and I am sitting here in shock I just cant belive that the greatest technical wrestler of all time,his 7 yr old son and his wife are dead...When my couzin called me and said that Benoit was dead I didnt belive him...I went right online and asked in the SB if he really has passed....my hands were shaking and I could barley type..I just saw a commercial billing Chris Benoit to wreslte at a local house show..it is just surreal ...This is a huge loss and we will miss you Chris Benoit.I apoligize for anything I ever said negative about that man.If it turns out that the Benoit Family was murdered well I hope they rot in hell for eternity...Right now im gonna go enjoy watching Benoits Title victory we all love and miss you Chris Benoit R.I.P

Legendkillerdaz

Reaction score
Chilling new details are beginning to come out about the unfortunate death of Chris Benoit, his wife and son. The Associated Press is reporting that police investigators in Fayette County are treating the Chris Benoit family death as a homicide.

Below is an exceprt from an ABC News article covering the story:

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

Wow looks like homicide then any views?

Captive8

Reaction score
holy jumping fucking jesus, i knew this would happen but not to benoit!!!

i thought that this kayfabe about vince is going to turn real by a real death to vince. but its benoint :( :(

is this thing real?

Please dont use your foul language to bring down my Lord and Savior's name. No disrespect, but please try to show him some respect, after all he bled and died, so you may inherit enternal life.

As far as Chris Benoit goes, I completely shocked. I remember wondering last night what the family emergency was that caused Chris to fly from Houston back to Atlanta and miss his title win. I figured Benoit would straighten it out, be back soon, and win the world title. I went on wwe.com to find out what has been going on, on Raw. Since I live on the west coast, I look at the results before Raw airs over here. I instead find out Chris and his whole family is dead. The first thing that pops to my mind is homicide. In either event, this is really tragic and sad. I believe that Vince is part responsible for this by the storyline that he played out in order to try to achieve ratings. This is a sad loss to all the wrestling community and Benoit will be truly truly missed. RIP.

Captive8

Reaction score
Damn, still can't believe he died.

I keep thinking back to Wrestlemania XX when they were celebrating in the ring as world champions. Now they are both gone.

And to think that I both thought they didnt deserve it. I thought they were fantastic wrestlers but had no charisma. I was completely wrong when it came to Eddie and Benoit use to have better mic skills back in the day. This was one of the greatest moments in wrestling history and you cant help but to get a tear in you're eye when you watch. Who would have known that in just three short years both of them would be dead?

Infernalblaze

Reaction score
i come home to try and catch a little bit of raw and to find out that one of the greatest wrestlers adn his family are dead. i am speachless and just cannot express the deep sadness i am feel. i cant say anything that hasnt been said before

RIP Chris Beniot

ion256

Reaction score
i just dont know what i can say that has not already been said chris was my idol i was a fan of his long before he even became a star and im in such shock right now i feel like a brother has died
i truly hope is was not murder/suicide like they are saying because i cant see chris or nancy doing that to there son
i just wish this was just a bad dream

r.i.p chris you will always be in my heart and on my mind

PeepShow

Wow......words cant describe how I feel right now. I mean I ust dont really know what to say. Im deeply saddened by the loss of Benoit, but in the same time I now have somewhat respect for the WWE. When Vince came out tonight and said that, I just had to say to myself "thank you Vince".

There aren't a lot of other words to describe what kind of a person Benoit was that you guys havent already said. He was a great wrestler, no doubt. But from what Ive heard, he was an even better person. He had so much respect for the business. To tell you the truth, he wasnt one of my favorite wrestlers, but after watching that tribute show tonight, he sure is now. He will forever be remembered, and never forgotten

RIP Chris Benoit......

tommyboi65

Reaction score
WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family.

Source wwe.com

I really dont know what to say. I'm in disbelief.

Chris Benoit ,son Daniel & wife Nancy was a murder Suicide
CNN"S Greta Van Susteren reported a short while ago that During the weekend Chris Benoit killed his Son Daniel & his wife Nancy.
And had killed himself today.

I'm beyond speechless