The Attitude Adjuster?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Ok, don't use this thread to bitch about how it's Blue that wwe changed the name, and all that stuff, to make it more kid-suitable. There's plenty of other threads for that. But instead, discuss what you think of the name "The Attitude Adjuster" for Cena's FU.
Last night was the first time I heard it called that. I had heard they were gonna call it "The Throwback". I guess they went with The Attitude Adjuster though...

So, what are your thoughts on this name?
I personally hate it. It reminds me of like, a cop, or the old-school teacher in school that hated "Kids these days". It just doesn't ound good, and leaves me with the image of some stuck up asshole.

I also just thought of how it's symbolic of how full circle (not necesarily in a good way) Cena's career has come.
In 2003, he was booked as the guy who would've needed an "attitude adjustment" with his attitude, attire, and the way he talked. And now, he's the one with a finisher called that.

Anyways, what does everyone think of the name? What others would've been better?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I don't think the name suits Cena, or the way the move is executed. A finisher name should either fit the way the move is or fit the wrestlers gimmic. The FU name suited well. He picks them, "You Know what opponent FU" and slams them down. It fits. The Last Ride meant it was your last ride, your not getting up. The F5, a hurricane, deadly suited Lesnar, he spins like a hurricane. You get the point of what I'm saying. The name the Throwback didn't suit the move neither does the Attitude Adjuster.

noumenon

He's going to use it as a chiropractic move to adjust all the old Attitude era stars.

Switchy

Reaction score
Tbh, I much prefer Throwback to Attitude Adjuster. Attitude Adjuster sounds like one of those finishers what the midcarders with the funny gimmicks have imo. I reckon that WWE should have just kept the name simple and not come out with one of those complex type names that takes people 10 seconds just to say. I ain't gonna recommend any names 'cause I'm not a creative kinda guy but all I'm saying is WWE could've done a LOT better than Attitude Adjuster.

LKP

I would called the former FU the Hustle or HLS. He has hustle, loyalty and respect and id think hustle would go well with it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Does anyone read up on their history? This one goes FULL circle to last night, so pay FULL attention:

When Cena was trying to make his name in the WWE, he had a meeting ON camera with Vince McMahon, at the VERY beginning of the Attitude era. In fact, it jumpstarted the Attitude era. Vince said, and I quote: "You want a shot in this company, I need to see a little attitude. EVERYONE needs an attitude change."

Upon hearing this, Cena turned to Chris Jericho, and knocked him out with a slap. The following week, John Cena was wearing baggy shorts and throwback jerseys.

WWE wants to leave behind the attitude era for good, and this is one of the ways they're going about it.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I dont think its as big a deal as people think. In fact I seem to remember people shitting all over the move when it was the FU so why does the name make a difference?

The A-man

Reaction score
The changing of Cena's main finisher is no big deal all, IMO. Its not like people who hated the change isn't giong to watch Cena wrestle anyway. Just refer to it as the 'FU' or 'Throwback' and just get over it. Either name it has, he still uses the move regardless.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is renaming the 'STFU' the 'STF' when, techically, the move itself is really called an 'STS' short for Step-over Toehold Sleeper.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Sounds like a move the right to censor would use back in 01, seriously the attitude adjuster? doesn't Cena do badass things in his movies? Next thing there goona do is call the tombstone piledriver the happy stone light drop

Reaction score
Attitude Adjuster rofl

Why cant they just keep it as FU and just make it stand for something...or better yet leave the FU name as is....

The attitude ajuster....it sounds like he is some kind of Correctional Facility Owner or Sumthing.

MikeRaw

Does anyone read up on their history? This one goes FULL circle to last night, so pay FULL attention:

When Cena was trying to make his name in the WWE, he had a meeting ON camera with Vince McMahon, at the VERY beginning of the Attitude era. In fact, it jumpstarted the Attitude era. Vince said, and I quote: "You want a shot in this company, I need to see a little attitude. EVERYONE needs an attitude change."

Upon hearing this, Cena turned to Chris Jericho, and knocked him out with a slap. The following week, John Cena was wearing baggy shorts and throwback jerseys.

WWE wants to leave behind the attitude era for good, and this is one of the ways they're going about it.

Well, firstly, what?
Cena jumpstarted the attitude era? Cena came around at the end of the attitude era. The attitude era was the 90's.
So yo umessed up there.
But other than that, I agree. That's what I said in my first post. How it's like a full circle of his career. From being the one needign an attitude adjustment, to now being an attitude adjuster.

I also just thought of how it's symbolic of how full circle (not necesarily in a good way) Cena's career has come.
In 2003, he was booked as the guy who would've needed an "attitude adjustment" with his attitude, attire, and the way he talked. And now, he's the one with a finisher called that.

Anyways, what does everyone think of the name? What others would've been better?

The name still sucks though.

Wordlife

yeah I'm going to agree with EVERYONE and say the name sucks and it needs to go back to FU

xtremebadass

I don't really have a problem, but it's the way it came across on TV. King said "He calls this the Attitude Adjuster," WTF KING! WE HAVE SEEN THE MOVE BEFORE!!! It's not like it's a brand new move!

He could have said "That's one hell of an Attitude Adjuster" then gradually just keep calling it that.

noumenon

^Agreed. I thought the same thing. I loved how over the past month or so every time he would use the FU they would almost act like it didn't happen. Or he'd lift someone up..."UH OH, WHAT'S CENA GOT PLANNED HERE!?"
I dunno... the same thing he's done in ever match for years?

TheGame321

Reaction score
Hate the name I wish they went back to TV-14