The Anime/Cartoon/Manga Playhouse

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I am glad they are getting their own movie. Seems like Digimon fans end up forgetting that series. Even though I personally think it was a bit better than the first series.

I will say this Digimon vs Pokemon Anime I thought Digimon had them beat. So many times as a kid I thought the Anime took alot of risks more than Pokemon when Digimon died left and right where Pokemon never did but came close to that edge at times. I mean when Ash gets Charmander and you find out how much abuse he went through and he nearly died before Ash could get him to the Hospital:rcry

I'm always going to love the original Team more than the 2nd Season but I have Digimon Adventure 2 rewatch on my Watchlist that hopefully I get to before the end of 2023.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I will say this Digimon vs Pokemon Anime I thought Digimon had them beat. So many times as a kid I thought the Anime took alot of risks more than Pokemon when Digimon died left and right where Pokemon never did but came close to that edge at times. I mean when Ash gets Charmander and you find out how much abuse he went through and he nearly died before Ash could get him to the Hospital:rcry

I'm always going to love the original Team more than the 2nd Season but I have Digimon Adventure 2 rewatch on my Watchlist that hopefully I get to before the end of 2023.
Yeah, I liked the Pokemon anime, but as you mentioned Digimon was bit more edgy and adult. Sure, the original team is great no doubt, but I do feel like some of that is nostalgia like most things nowadays. I liked the 2nd Season a bit more because it again it pushed the boundaries a bit more, and I liked the little digi-vice toy they had out as well lol.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
The Pokemon Manga though was insane. It legitimately had death in there, and the fact that at ten years you could get a job is even more insane. We need a pokemon anime like that.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Pokemon Manga though was insane. It legitimately had death in there, and the fact that at ten years you could get a job is even more insane. We need a pokemon anime like that.

I know right. The Japanese stuff involving Pokemon has always been the better quality lately for sure. Cubone's Mother death in Pokemon Origins kills me every time. The thought of a Pokemon rocking it's Mother Skelton Skull as a reminder of their death effecting the rest of their lives is something.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I know right. The Japanese stuff involving Pokemon has always been the better quality lately for sure. Cubone's Mother death in Pokemon Origins kills me every time. The thought of a Pokemon rocking it's Mother Skelton Skull as a reminder of their death effecting the rest of their lives is something.
Japan doesn't give a fuck essentially, but that was pretty heavy and something that still sticks with me. It does in a way remind me of how Jason keeps the head of his mother.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

The new series focuses on Richter Belmont’s origin story, featuring vampires in the French Revolution.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The new series focuses on Richter Belmont’s origin story, featuring vampires in the French Revolution.

Yeah I a couple of pages back I posted about this Series. Cool that we got another Trailer for this and the lore of this is blowing my mind. The Castlevania Show was amazing to me and getting more of that is such a blessing.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BM2ZkYTAwMGMtOGEwOS00MzBjLTgxOGYtZTYwY2E1ZjMyZmY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTgyNTA4MjM@._V1_.jpg

Been watching this on Netflix recently and I'm absolutely hooked. Such a great anime. Love the art style and atmosphere. Story is amazing so far and very well written. Been burning through the episodes.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

While Konami seems to have been hogging all of the animated Netflix video game adaptations lately, Capcom has countered with a new trailer for Onimusha, which is set to start streaming on November 2. Set to “The Loneliest” by Måneskin, the trailer doesn’t get into the demon-slaying that the video games are known for just yet, but that’s quickly rectified.

Unlike the Castlevania Netflix adaptations, Onimusha instead utilizes 3D animation with a cel-shaded art style from animation studio Sublimation and director Shinya Sugai, whose work includes the CG anime adaptation of another Capcom property, Dragon’s Dogma.

Directed by Takashi Miike (Ichi The Killer, Blade of the Immortal, Audition) and featuring the voice talents of Akio Otsuka, Toshihiko Seki, Hochu Otsuka, Daiki Yamashita, Subaru Kimura and Katsuyuki Konishi, Onimusha will focus on Miyamoto Musashi, who is modeled after Japanese film icon Toshiro Mifune.

Set in the early Edo Period, a time when Japan was transitioning towards peace, and warfare was fading into history, an aging Musashi embarks on a covert mission. Armed with the mythical “Oni Gauntlet,” Musashi embarks on an epic journey to vanquish the lurking demons.

Additional cast members include Kazuyuki Okitsu, Makoto Furukawa, Aya Yamane and Ryohei Kimura.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I've heard of Devil May Cry and now it's gettign an Anime Adaption to bring in new fans like me to the franchise that's awesome.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Yeah I a couple of pages back I posted about this Series. Cool that we got another Trailer for this and the lore of this is blowing my mind. The Castlevania Show was amazing to me and getting more of that is such a blessing.
Finished it already and it's soooooo good. cliffhanger ending murdered my soul with hype. This is my jam, this is the Rondo of Blood and SotN cast so that brings it even higher.

Orlox is a fucking badass, just gonna start there. Richter story is emotional and well done. Maria is a pottymouth and based af. Anette rules a lot of ass. and then there is Erzebet Bathory....what a god-tier villain

this has 5 jeffs out of 5

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP