The Anime/Cartoon/Manga Playhouse

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching the Death Note themed Simpsons episode. I loved it. Visually it was awesome too. Got me wanting to watch through the actual series again so I'll be getting on that.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Ash-Ketchum-World-Champion_Screenshot-2.jpg

It’s taken 25 years, but Ash Ketchum is finally the very best, like no one ever was.

Ash, the perpetual 10-year-old and protagonist of the “Pokémon” animated series, has officially claimed the title of top trainer in the Pokémon world, the Pokémon Company announced Friday. Ash and his Pokémon pal Pikachu achieved their long-awaited goal during the latest episode of “Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series,” where the iconic duo wins the Masters Eight Tournament of the Pokémon World Coronation Series.

From battling countless gym leaders to stopping Team Rocket, Ash and Pikachu have faced numerous challenges since the start of their journey in the Kanto region way back in 1997’s “Pokémon: Indigo League” series. After much hardship, Ash secured the title of the first-ever Pokémon League Champion in 2019’s “Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon.”

In the latest season of “Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series,” Ash and his team are put to the test in intense matchups with highly-skilled trainers. The historic win at the Pokémon World Coronation Series represents a culmination of Ash’s adventures spanning 25 years.

“Ash Ketchum’s determination and perseverance to achieve his goal of becoming the world’s top Pokémon Trainer over the course of 25 seasons represents the very best of what it means to be a Trainer,” said Taito Okiura, vice president of marketing for The Pokémon Company International. “We cannot wait to celebrate this moment with Pokémon fans when the newest season of ‘Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series’ and this adventure-defining episode air around the world in the coming year. This is a season fans won’t want to miss!”

“Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series” is available to stream on Netflix in the U.S. The latest episode premiered on Friday in Japan and will air worldwide in the future.

The original Pokemon Show debuted in 98 in the States and back then I was 10 Years old ready to collect them all and it's taken all that time for Ash to have his true day in the Sun congrats to him. Plenty of great memories with the Show and Movies and my love for Pokemon is still there I still play the Trading Card Game Online, and every Year I do a run of one of the Pokemon Games on an Emulator especially if it's been Randomized.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

:proud

Pikachu hears of all of Ash's past Pokemon to get up Rocky style and keep on fighting and pull out the win just beautiful.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

@Blaze

Love that News but come on we want Super back and I'm not talking about in Film I want to get hype for Weekly DB Super Episodes again.

Reactions: Vegeta

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Never heard of this but I heard the Manga is amazing and the Trailer gained my interest in a major way! Osamu Tezuka no doubt is looking up in Heaven smiling at this Trailer.

Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Anna playing Stacey Pilgrim again! :mark:

I can't believe they've got all the film's cast reunited for the anime. That is so awesome.

Scott-Pilgrim-e1680128901835.jpg

The Netflix anime series based on the “Scott Pilgrim” graphic novels is bringing back the entire main cast of the film “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World” to voice their characters in the show.

The show, which was first reported as being in development at Netflix in January 2022, has officially been ordered to series. The returning cast members are:

Michael Cera (Scott Pilgrim), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Ramona Flowers), Satya Bhabha (Matthew Patel), Kieran Culkin (Wallace Wells), Chris Evans (Lucas Lee), Anna Kendrick (Stacey Pilgrim), Brie Larson (Envy Adams), Alison Pill (Kim Pine), Aubrey Plaza (Julie Powers), Brandon Routh (Todd Ingram), Jason Schwartzman (Gideon Graves), Johnny Simmons (Young Neil), Mark Webber (Stephen Stills), Mae Whitman (Roxie), and Ellen Wong (Knives Chau). Additional cast members will be announced at a later date.

As previously announced, Bryan Lee O’Malley, who created the “Scott Pilgrim” graphic novel series, will co-write and executive produce the anime version along with BenDavid Grabinski. The pair will also serve as co-showrunners.

Science SARU will provide the animation. Eunyoung Choi of Science SARU will executive produce with Abel Gongora onboard to direct. Edgar Wright, who directed and co-write the film, will executive produce via Complete Fiction alongside Nira Park. Marc Platt, Jared LeBoff, and Adam Seigel of Marc Platt Productions will also executive produce, as will Michael Bacall. UCP will produce.

“We’re getting the band back together!” said O’Malley and Grabinski. “Cera and Winstead, Bhabha, Culkin, Evans, Kendrick, Larson, Pill, Plaza, Routh, Schwartzman, Simmons, Webber, Whitman and Wong. A stellar cast, perfectly assembled by Edgar Wright. And, with Science SARU leading the phenomenal animation, we couldn’t ask for a better team for this adventure. We can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to see what we and our partners at Science SARU have been cooking up. It’s going to be a wild ride.”

The graphic novels followed the titular Scott, a slacker and bassist living in Toronto. He falls in love with a girl named Ramona Flowers, but first must defeat her seven evil exes so they can date. Six volumes of the graphic novel were published, with the most recent dropping in 2010. The film version was released in 2010 and has since gained a cult following.

“One of the proudest and most enjoyable achievements of my career was assembling and working with the dynamite cast of ‘Scott Pilgrim,'” Wright said. “Since the film’s release in 2010 we’ve done Q&A’s, remembrances and charity read throughs, but there was never the occasion to reunite the whole gang on an actual project. Until now… Original creator Bryan Lee O’Malley, along with writer BenDavid Grabinski have conjured up an anime series of ‘Scott Pilgrim’ that doesn’t just expand the universe, but also…well, just watch it. I’m more than happy to announce that I have helped coax the entire original cast back to voice their characters on this epic new adventure. You are in for a treat.”

Anamanaguchi, who composed music for the “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World” video game, will provide original songs for the show. They will work on the score with Joseph Trapanese.

“It’s official: we’ve been obsessed with ‘Scott Pilgrim!’ said Choi. “This series has been a wild ride, full of fresh and thrilling experiences for everyone at Science SARU. Working with such amazing artists and animators under the visionary leadership of director Abel Gongora has been an absolute dream come true. Our team is over the moon about bringing the ‘Scott Pilgrim’ world to life. We can hardly contain our excitement – this is going to be epic!”

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'd probably say the only weaker point is the visuals aren't anything crazy compared to other anime I've seen but the voice acting is very stellar.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
p23088641_b_v4_ac.jpg

In a society that favors good looks, a high school outcast leads a double life switching between his two bodies that are polar opposites in appearance.

Just about finished this one up and I really enjoyed it, would recommend it for sure. The plot is very entertaining, Gets you caring about the main character pretty quickly within the first episode or so and somebody that has two identities they switch between is just always a pretty fun concept to me. One thing that really stood out to me with this anime in particular was the art style, thought it was really well crafted and pretty looking. Very awesome visuals.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
In my time away I've been watching alot of Shows during these past few Weeks and one of them was Spy Family. I love the dynamic of a Spy needing to take in a Woman to be a Wife as well as a Child to conquer a mission. I went through both parts pretty easily as you see Loid and Company Episode to Episode not knowing if what they are doing right in the moment. If I was blessed to have Anya and Yor in my life I would feel like a Million Bucks.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The new Castlevania comes out in September, and Pluto comes out in October!

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Anyone who has seen Pluto have you noticed it is a retelling of Astro Boy?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Anyone who has seen Pluto have you noticed it is a retelling of Astro Boy?

I think it's an arc involved with Astro Boy so probably a Soft Reboot I don't know for sure though.

I haven't seen the Digimon Adventure 02 Series in ages but I'm happy they are getting a Film with the Team. I think it will do well like Tri did with the original Team and maybe who knows a Series for them down the line.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am glad they are getting their own movie. Seems like Digimon fans end up forgetting that series. Even though I personally think it was a bit better than the first series.