The Animal Batistas Return Advertised

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Forget you're from the uk but Rey's stereotypical size for his race. If you have been or lived in California, you will fine most bangers are his size, tatted up just like him, and go from San Diego to the Bay to Inglewood. Yes they cartooned Rey up with the mask and whose that jumping out the sky stick, but he like his stomach says is a Mexican from the 619 born and raised first and foremost. Its part of his credibility that extends far more than Punks emo look or Bryan's poor man lumberjack look

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So Rey's legit because he looks like he'd stab you and Punk and Bryan aren't because they're white guys? You would have had a better argument if you didn't try and use logic and just said "Rey's the exception because he's Rey."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Again, you're totally going off on a tangent. You put that Dave said that Rey on screen looked like he could kick your ass in real life when quite frankly is so far from the truth it's hilarious and is just a case of a buddy putting over another buddy. There's absolutely nothing about on Rey screen that translates over to him looking like he could beat someones ass in real life despite his size, infact he is quite possibly one of the least believable ass kickers on the roster.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Okay you're both right, I'm bull shitting, but I like Rey. Love Dave.

I don't really have nothing against the two vanilla midgets other than their booking makes no sense in terms of credibility still to this day. It's like punk when he was booked to face Brock or the streak, the matches were damn good, but going in they had never made him close to credible to go against guys those size with his past of being squashed and losing with numbers. Same with Bryan, you know he can have the best match most nights, but he hasn't actually been portrayed to earn his shots on screen and was just given a match by Cena where he suddenly won or just given a match Monday because Cena argued for him. At least with Rey and Michaels, it was logically built up over time they could beat any guy bigger than them

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Again, you're totally going off on a tangent. You put that Dave said that Rey on screen looked like he could kick your ass in real life when quite frankly is so far from the truth it's hilarious and is just a case of a buddy putting over another buddy. There's absolutely nothing about on Rey screen that translates over to him looking like he could beat someones ass in real life despite his size, infact he is quite possibly one of the least believable ass kickers on the roster.

So what you're saying is

He's a superstar, not an asskicker

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
:lesnar4:

Reactions: SAIYANS

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Okay you're both right, I'm bull shitting, but I like Rey. Love Dave.

I don't really have nothing against the two vanilla midgets other than their booking makes no sense in terms of credibility still to this day. It's like punk when he was booked to face Brock or the streak, the matches were damn good, but going in they had never made him close to credible to go against guys those size with his past of being squashed and losing with numbers. Same with Bryan, you know he can have the best match most nights, but he hasn't actually been portrayed to earn his shots on screen and was just given a match by Cena where he suddenly won or just given a match Monday because Cena argued for him. At least with Rey and Michaels, it was logically built up over time they could beat any guy bigger than them

I'll agree with this, but Bryan's been put over a giant killer of sorts for a few years now. He beat Henry and Show during his heel run multiple times and even though they were bullshit heel victories a win is a win. Talk about credibility, both of them have beaten Khali and while he sucks, you don't get much bigger. Suspending belief is not near as hard as you make it out to be for Punk and Bryan.

But yes, I'll give you that Bryan's been booked really poorly this year when it comes to how he gets his matches. It's almost like Ryder a few years ago when Cena kept putting over him only of course Bryan's way better than Ryder. Cena is Bryan's biggest fan and it'd be hilarious if they turned it into an angle where he only put over Bryan because Nikki wanted him to because Brie asked her to :adr:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
See the problem with the suspension of disbelief is take Rey. He got his ass handed to him by Brock, Khali, and Show early on. Then he slowly started to beat guys bigger than him to he could beat big guys clean. They've had Rey basically go out there and kick the ass of Gallows, Mercury, and Punk while Serena cheated back in the mytv era. Rey's beaten Kane clean, stuff like that, but he only started getting heavyweight notches on his belt gradually.

Punk went from his 400 day run of run ins where he was struggling to beat the likes of Kofi clean to trading shots with Brock. There was no logic there, at least they could play the streak up as Taker was hamstrung by the rules to he couldn't cross the line that he wanted to cross with the bearer insults without tarnishing the record by DQ. It was as crazy as the notion of Sandow beating Cena who recovers for 5 minutes when he had just lost on Main event to the likes of Santino and Truth cleanly. Think they do a disservice to Punk/Bryan and the Cena/Brock/Taker types they book them against to be honest

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
See the problem with the suspension of disbelief is take Rey. He got his ass handed to him by Brock, Khali, and Show early on. Then he slowly started to beat guys bigger than him to he could beat big guys clean. They've had Rey basically go out there and kick the ass of Gallows, Mercury, and Punk while Serena cheated back in the mytv era. Rey's beaten Kane clean, stuff like that, but he only started getting heavyweight notches on his belt gradually.

Punk went from his 400 day run of run ins where he was struggling to beat the likes of Kofi clean to trading shots with Brock. There was no logic there, at least they could play the streak up as Taker was hamstrung by the rules to he couldn't cross the line that he wanted to cross with the bearer insults without tarnishing the record by DQ. It was as crazy as the notion of Sandow beating Cena who recovers for 5 minutes when he had just lost on Main event to the likes of Santino and Truth cleanly. Think they do a disservice to Punk/Bryan and the Cena/Brock/Taker types they book them against to be honest

But you also have to take into account the lack of attention most fans even make to what someone was doing a month prior to what they're currently doing. Commentators do way more a building up a guy than what actually happened. You listen to all three commentators talk about how Punk had one of the longest reigns in history and talk him up like he's a badass and the fans believe it because they aren't mentioning all the heel things that went on during the reign since he's a face now. Also as annoying as JBL is, he did an amazing job at building up Bryan the weeks before his SummerSlam match with Cena.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That Rey looks tougher cause he is Mexican and has tattoos is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen you post PSYCH even if you were bullshitting like I already knew when reading it. All it comes down to is that you like Rey and not a fan of Bryan and Punk don't see why it is so hard to just leave it at that instead of making up bs reasons.

Anyways as for this Dale pretty much summed it up never said he was never discussing biz with WWE period but in that particular visit it very well could have just been him visiting friends. You're like mega thirsty about Dave coming back though.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Early on? So we just ignore all of WCW then?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Never thought I'd see the phrase "mega thirsty" on this forum but it fits here.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Early on? So we just ignore all of WCW then?
Why not? Wwe does. It's not like they pointed to his WCW days once he left the CW division. They never mention titles he's won in WCW, never acknowledged the Filthy Animals or Nash feud or being unmasked on screens. He's not needed to say I was this or that in WCW like Booker to be relevant. They made Rey a wwe guy more so than most jump overs, in fact he's more closely tied to ECW on a wwe screen than WCW, and even then they established his loyalty as wwe first during the relaunch of ecw when Heyman offered him a spot.

Also don't sell em short with mega, say ultra

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Because I'm not the WWE I remember how Rey was a non threat in WCW therefore as a FAN i see him as a non threat. Your problem is you have no idea what you should think as a fan. Sales doesn't fucking matter the guys not drawing? Who gives a fuck do you like what he does in the ring? Do you like the stories he's involved in?

For instance Daniel Bryan. Do you not like him because he seems Juvenile? Cause I can see that. I enjoy what he does in the ring. Im 50/50 on his stories so I can see not liking him. But a non threat? He's beat all the people Rey has beat.

But if I'm entertained I don't give a shit how much money he did or didn't bring in to the company.

Reactions: PHX

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Just with a lot of bs to get the wins. He to me should honestly be thought if more like Benoit was when he jumped. Benoit was built up to actually be called a rabid wolverine, he was viscous in everything he did, toothless aggression and despite his size or lacking mic skills looked like he wanted to murder anyone in that ring to get a win

. Bryan has his intense moments, but as a whole his character is a mess. We have him being handed title matches and then talking about earning things, we have the whole cartoon goat shirt, and all. The yes or no thing is easy to warm up to after a while like what with Austin. My problem is Bryan went from being the weakest link who lost the titles, the guy who lost in 18 secs at mania, and so on to being handed a shot at the second biggest ppv of the year and winning clean out the blue over Cena. There was no logic to how he got the shot outside Total Divas and there was even less logic for how he could just knockout superman cold. There's no pattern to how he got to the top at all just a golden resume that looks very nice but lacks substance when you remember the details. Do you just look past he's a 3 time world champ, us champ, tag champ, and mr mitb all in a 3 year span that still "needs to be made"? It irks me.

And as for the business factor, I'm a realist, some guys shouldn't be on top and that's why. Piper, Steamboat, and the like weren't as it was best for the business and company top to bottom which is why there's not a WCW or ecw today and TNA has never took off. Then again I was an economy minor so I can't ever look past cost benefit shit when looking at things.

Reactions: Embrace Thou Maryse