The 80's Rock, Bro! The Definitive Best Songs of the 80's WWEF Competition Series: 1980

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Nah 96 songs grouped into 3 sounds alright, as that gets us to 32 which can be used for tournament bracket purposes. So I assume you are going to randomize the reamining 32 songs to determine which ones face off against each other once we get down to bracket tournament numbers? What about when we get down to 9 songs (1 from each year)? I think that should be the point when we get to add some wildcards (either songs who never made the cut because they weren't in the Billboards, or they lost at some point earlier in the tournament but some people think said songs should have a second chance).

But this time, I'm going for the song that I haven't hear before - Coward of the County

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think more people should have been tagged for this thing. Getting just a handful more will make this more interesting.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I think more people should have been tagged for this thing. Getting just a handful more will make this more interesting.
Not quite sure who to tag that would actually be interested. In all honesty, with how little actual discussion there is and how insanely long this thing will take, I may decide to just drop it altogether. Most of the votes have seemed to be more decided on people only having heard of one song, and quickly browsing through the list right now, I'm not sure that aspect will improve much considering I don't even know a lot of these songs.

Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think having people give, say, their top 10, and then everybody else (so not the person whose song it is) giving a rating for each song out of 10. That way the person can even give reasons why they like said song from the 80s. Person with the highest average rating for their 10 songs wins "Best Music Taste for the 80s" award

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Oooooh Fame or Coward. Fame is more iconic to me because of the movie but Coward is so good, I throw my vote for Kenny.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
1. Karma Chameleon (Boy George)

-
2. Girls Just want to have Fun (Cindi Lauper)

-
3. My favorite- Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler)