Tell me about TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jazzwazza

Jobber
Reaction score
I've been reading the news about TNA's new ownership, Jeff jarret and some big stars leaving. But I haven't watched TNA since they had Immortal, hulk Hogan, Somoa Joe, AJ styles etc etc.

Can someone fill me in on what I should know about the new talent and stories? Just a general what's been going on that I should know if I get back into watching it.

I know the hardy boys gimmick is huge lately but their leaving now. Is it worth getting back into TNA at this time?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
TNA? That is dead. Call it Impact Wrestling now, lol.

But they still have some talent like EC3, Bobby Lashley, Eddie Edwards, and others. Also the Knockout, Rosemary is a great character.

M Kells

The Showoff
Reaction score
Hardys are leaving soon, you're not really missing all thats too important over there.

Jazzwazza

Jobber
Reaction score
After watching the latest show it seemed like it was a bit of a mess. But I guess that's to be expected while they sort out the new leadership and get things back in order. Hopefully it'll change soon

Reactions: M Kells

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The next episode is the first one with all of the new leadership and changes in full effect, so that'll be the one to get the first impressions by.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Also the Knockout, Rosemary is a great character.
I second this fine opinion...

09ec28b48356ffee36d2b326cba19b3e.jpg

The Decay are my favorite part of...whatever TNA is calling itself now...

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
After watching the latest show it seemed like it was a bit of a mess. But I guess that's to be expected while they sort out the new leadership and get things back in order. Hopefully it'll change soon
Read the spoilers from the first sets of tapings with the new bosses and see it is the same mess

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
TNA was showing small signs of improvement last year, with 'Broken' Matt Hardy and Eli Drake.

Impact was worth watching with Drake's Fact of Life talk show segments and Matt vs. Jeff in Final Deletion. The Hardys vs. Decay in Delete or Decay and December's Total Nonstop Deletion was entertaining, too, with a special appearance by the Rock n' Roll Express.

That all changed when the Hardys jumped ship to the WWE this year. I was reading reports that Impact was disrespectful to the Hardys during contract re-negotiations, wanting ten percent of the Hardys earnings in all of their indy show appearances.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
TNA was showing small signs of improvement last year, with 'Broken' Matt Hardy and Eli Drake.

Impact was worth watching with Drake's Fact of Life talk show segments and Matt vs. Jeff in Final Deletion. The Hardys vs. Decay in Delete or Decay and December's Total Nonstop Deletion was entertaining, too, with a special appearance by the Rock n' Roll Express.

That all changed when the Hardys jumped ship to the WWE this year. I was reading reports that Impact was disrespectful to the Hardys during contract re-negotiations, wanting ten percent of the Hardys earnings in all of their indy show appearances.
I would argue that they are doing better now in terms of show quality without the Hardy's there. Now we actually have a tag division and other people are actually getting tv time instead of a hardy segment for half the show. Plus the ratings have held pretty constant without the Hardy's there.

As for the contract issue, we can't really comment on it since none of us really know who is in the wrong there.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Early 2000's-2009 TNA is best TNA. 2013- Pre-Broken Hardy's is bad TNA. Present TNA I can't comment on because I don't watch it...who does?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Early 2000's-2009 TNA is best TNA. 2013- Pre-Broken Hardy's is bad TNA. Present TNA I can't comment on because I don't watch it...who does?

I don't always watch Impact, but when I do, it's for Rosemary.

Keep Decaying, my friends.

The-Most-Interesting-Man-In-The-World.jpg

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've been trying to get back into it since I am a complete Jeff Jarrett mark, but so far they really haven't done anything to really improve. The GFW angle really isn't that interesting but GFW never got off their feet. I wanted them to succeed but them invading TNA is like Brew City Wrestling in Wisconsin invading WWE. It seems silly.

I don't know what I want. I'm giving them a chance but it still isn't easy. They really have a long way to go.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
TNA? That is dead. Call it Impact Wrestling now, lol.

But they still have some talent like EC3, Bobby Lashley, Eddie Edwards, and others. Also the Knockout, Rosemary is a great character.

Impact? That's dead. LOL

Call it... what is it GFW? I want to call it GFY lol

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Impact? That's dead. LOL

Call it... what is it GFW? I want to call it GFY lol

That was in the context of the time, and Impact isn't dead still, it is GFW Impact.