Takers' return gimmick?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Obviously this has been talked about a bit from time to time, but its only been a few people casually talking about how cool itd be for Taker to come back in the biker gimmick. I figured it was time for a poll...

-Do you think The Undertaker will return?
-When he returns, which gimmick do you want him to have? Deadman or American Badass?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Deadman. American Badass was less popular then, and the whole biker culture thing has only gotten less popular since. Proof is the total unoverness of Chuck Palumbo. Undertaker will be retiring soon, and he needs to go out using his most successful and most influencial gimmick. Everyone will remember him as the deadman, what with the Urn, Paul Bearer, the whole thing with Kane, and so on. American Badass is meaningless storyline-wise, so why revisit it, much less have him retire using it? If anything, the whole gimmick is totally out of character for the Undertaker. Why would he go from harvesting souls to riding around on a chopper? Might as well have Kane discover the nutrition of vegetables and take on a Green Giant gimmick.

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
I don't know if he will return...I want him too, but I don't know. If he does he will not come back as the American Badass, or the dead man. I think he is going to try and get a new, fresh gimmick. But hell, I could be wrong.

Reaction score
hopefully, smackdown is quite boring without him. the only talent left on Smackdown now is EDGE and batista. but thankfully the draft is coming up soon.
-When he returns, which gimmick do you want him to have? Deadman or American Badass?
American Badass, i liked the gimmick and the bike. but i dont think Undertaker will return using this gimmick, the deadman was way too popular, but it would be nice to see a change.

adrenalinegg

Reaction score
The Undertakers return

The Undertaker is scheduled to come back around mid-July. He will continue his feud with Edge and face him at SummerSlam.

Undertaker took time off to heal injuries and build his angle with Edge. Management felt the program between the two would become stale without a major angle at One Night Stand.:drinks_cheers: :drinks_cheers: :drinks_cheers: :drinks_cheers:

J

Yea it did get stale...Hopefully Undertaker comes back refreshed and just as good as he's always been...Lets just hope the draft is used to get some future opponents over to Smackdown for Taker to face...

Reaction score
Deadman. American Badass was less popular then, and the whole biker culture thing has only gotten less popular since. Proof is the total unoverness of Chuck Palumbo. Undertaker will be retiring soon, and he needs to go out using his most successful and most influencial gimmick. Everyone will remember him as the deadman, what with the Urn, Paul Bearer, the whole thing with Kane, and so on. American Badass is meaningless storyline-wise, so why revisit it, much less have him retire using it? If anything, the whole gimmick is totally out of character for the Undertaker. Why would he go from harvesting souls to riding around on a chopper? Might as well have Kane discover the nutrition of vegetables and take on a Green Giant gimmick.

hilarious

he has too. If he was gone for good they would have given him a bigger send off. He'll return shortly/ start making promos saying he'll return at Summer Slam.
Dead man, you always here comentators saying "The Dead man just hit ____" never here them saying "ZOMG THE AMERICAN BADASS just hit the _____"

Reaction score
- Do you think The Undertaker will return?
Yeah I think he would get drafted to raw hes been on smackdown for too long and he would have new feuds on raw.

I would want him to have the American Badass gimmick. The Deadman gimmick is old and boring now.

J

Of course Undertaker is going to return...It's common sense that he is going to go out on the grandest stage of them all...Wrestlemania...Not necessarily this one...but one of them...As he holds the undefeated streak...

This one all depends on when The Undertaker plans to retire...If he plans to retire soon like...around Wrestlemania or so...Then Deadman...cause there's no way he would go out on any other gimmick...Now if his retirement is planned for a few years from now...Which i highly doubt...Then there could be a chance he comes back as American Badass...

Switchy

Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I think he'll still be back as the same old Deadman.

Reasons being:
If he was buried alive or something it would be different, he would've changed but all that happened was that he got sacked so he'll be the same old person he was when he left.

Remember his feuds a couple of years back with the likes of Orton, Kennedy, Henry etc etc and I surely remember that most of those feuds he had absenses and then came back and won his return match. Then he left as Deadman 'Taker and he came back as Deadman 'Taker so why shouldn't he this time?

MikeRaw

You need to stop posting spoilers and news in wwe section man... Ive seen a bunch of news posts from you, but they should be in the news section, and any spoilers should be marked saying *spoiler* in the thread title...

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
^^ Wrestling Observer Newsletter..Thats where I seen it from

At the moment, Undertaker is slated to return in late July. The storyline will lead to a SummerSlam showdown with Edge.

Taker did indeed take some time off to heal some nagging injuries, but there was also a feeling that his program with Edge needed to be put on the shelf, at least for a little while. They want to continue it, but it was going to run out of steam without a major angle.

The creative team weren't told about Undertaker's leave of absence until a week ahead of time.

^ Thats what it said