Synergy - ROH & CHIKARA Doubleshot!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Card update! More to be announced..

CHIKARA: HOT OFF THE GRIDDLE

Interpromotional Showdown!
KingSteen.jpg

SDREG.jpg

APK.jpg

ROH: UNITY

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs Jigsaw & Hallowicked

Tag Team Challenge
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly
wgttdaveykyle.jpg

First Time Ever Tag Team Match
The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus) vs The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin) w/ Truth Martini
anxhot.jpg

ROH vs Chikara Trios Match - Lucha Libre Rules
Jay Lethal, Adam Cole & TJ Perkins vs The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant)
sixmanrotor.jpg

The Viper

Reaction score
KINGSTON VS STEEN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????881q!!!!!!!1)@0!)!@

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough of the jizzing in my pants. That shit is gonna be so awesome.

Starlight

Does anybody think Sara has a shot against El Generico? I've been a follower of her work, she's impressive. I'm also a big Benjamin, Haas, and Richards mark. I'm stroke to see how that tag match goes down. It seems like Haas and Benjamin are doing big things since their WWE release.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
If the Colony lose I riot.

Steen vs. Kingston should be insane. Stunned Steen is even getting booked on a CHIKARA show tbh.

Castiel

Reaction score
It would be ridiculous if The Colony lost to that makeshift team. They are trying to push Cole though... can't see Steen going over the Grand Champion, maybe it'll just turn into some sort of brawl or something?

Castiel

Reaction score
WELL, the big shows are tonight! What do you guys think of the final cards? I wish there was more interpromotional matches tbh, but at least we're getting Steen vs Kingston and the greatly set up tag match. Speaking of tag matches though, did anyone notice ROH has only tag matches..? Odd. Wonder why... still, that Trios match should be so sweet!

ROH: Unity

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs Jigsaw & Hallowicked

Tag Team Challenge
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly

First Time Ever Tag Team Match
The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus) vs The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin) w/ Truth Martini

Grudge Tag Team Match
"Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen & "Zombie Princess" Jimmy Jacobs vs El Generico & BJ Whitmer

ROH vs Chikara Trios Match - Lucha Libre Rules
Jay Lethal, Adam Cole & TJ Perkins vs The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant)

Tag Team Attraction
The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson vs The Bravados (Harlem & Lancelot Bravado)

Also signed to appear
- "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

CHIKARA: Hot Off The Griddle

Interpromotional Showdown
KingSteen.jpg

RelAtomico.jpg

Handicap.jpg

SDREG.jpg

TB_TB.jpg

Crazy8.jpg

CCYB.jpg

APK.jpg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I believe the tag matches gimmick was intentional (thus the name "Unity"). The lack of inter promotional matches is a tad disappointing, but it just makes the few we do have that much more important.

I wonder if there's going to be any angle crossover here, especially with Generico/Steen wrestling both shows. Could be a good way out of both guys losing their matches.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Results from the CHIKARA show so far:

The Colony and Jigsaw defeat The Shard & The Swarm via Soldier ant taps combatant to the chikara special in a really hot match to start. Brawl continues and the rudos run away

Mixed Martial Archie taps Kobolds with a guillotine choke

The Throwbacks defeat Kodama & Obaryion via Touchdown useing his football helmet to get the throwbacks the victory. Veronica applauded for Touchdown.

17 defeats Tianlong in just over a minute with what I assume is a forgotten submission

Young Bucks defeat Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin via More Bang for Your Buck

Intermission (Tim Donst attacks Hallowicked during the break)

CHIKARA Campeonetas de Parejas 3.0 & Spectral Envoy (Ultramantis Black & Hallowicked) defeat Bravado Brothers & Tim Donst/Jakob Hammermeier via Shane Matthews makes Hammermeier tap to the Boston crab

Eddie Kingston defeats Kevin Steen after a low blow from Steen for a DQ

Gran Akuma defeats FIST (Icarus, Johnny Gargano, Chuck Taylor) after Akuma rolls Gargano up for the victory. Iron came out and prevented Icarus from using the fanny pack further.

Sara Del Rey defeats El Generico via piledriver

PWPonderings

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
I believe the tag matches gimmick was intentional (thus the name "Unity"). The lack of inter promotional matches is a tad disappointing, but it just makes the few we do have that much more important.

I wonder if there's going to be any angle crossover here, especially with Generico/Steen wrestling both shows. Could be a good way out of both guys losing their matches.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. I first figured the name Unity was just due to the two companies joining for the day. Interesting.

Low blow from Steen? DQ at a CHIKARA event? What a super heel! Hopefully Synergy isn't the end of this feud.

Starlight

Zombie Princess..is that what Jimmy Jacobs calls himself nowadays? AWESOME!! I'm not familiar with some of these others guys, with the exception of a few, but I'm always interested in learning more

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Results from Unity now:

* ANX Kenny King & Rhett Titus defeat The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin) after ANX pin Elgin with the Blockbuster/Powerbomb combo. Elgin and Roddy at hot at each other. Truth trying to keep the peace. He succeeds.

* ROH is back in Chicago September 15th to present "Death Before Dishonor X" on iPPV.

* Mike Bennett is out. Plans to have a make out session with Maria…they do…until Mike Sydal interrupts

* Mike Bennett defeats Mike Sydal via TKO

* Colt Cabana chants are shouted out throughout the match

* The Bravados defeat The Young Bucks via Lancelot blocks More Bang and pins Matt. The Bravados got WAY better. Real good match

* BJ Whitmer & El Generico defeat Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs via Whitmer puts Jacobs through a table with a super exploder suplex

* Brawl is too out of control. Steen suggests to make it a No DQ match.

* A text from Jim Cornette makes it so. Technology!

* Whitmer puts Jacobs through a table with a super exploder suplex for the win. Fun brawl, surprising result.

* Back from intermission with RD Evans and Ernesto Osiris in the ring. Evans says Ciampa will finish business with Lethal at Border Wars.

* Trios action time: The Colony take on Jay Lethal, Adam Cole & TJ Perkins. Loudspeaker gets to intro The Colony. Lucha rules, two referees: Todd Sinclair (ROH) and PJ Drummond (CHIKARA). Coin flip decides PJ Drummond will officiate.

* Fire Ant pins Perkins with a cradle that was reversed. Colony looked fantastic. ROH team was very good too. Perkins had a visual pin. Drummond missed it. Shenanigans! Tomfoolery!

* Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin is up now.

* Benjamin pins O'Reilly with Pay Dirt. Went about 21 minutes. Teased dissension in Team Ambition.

* Main event time! The Briscoes defend the ROH World Tag Titles against Jigsaw & Hallowicked. Turner is ref.

* Ref bump. PJ Drummond is ref now. Briscoes punch Drummond. Sinclair now out. CHIKARA and ROH folk ringside to cheer their teams.

* Jay pins Jigsaw after Mark hits the Funky Bow

PWPonderings

CHIKARA results in full in my previous post.