Synergy - ROH & CHIKARA Doubleshot!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score

April 28th, 2012

synergyrotator.png

[video=youtube;HxK1beA3JHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxK1beA3JHw&feature=g-u-u&context=G2643808FUAAAAAAAFAA[/video]

CHIKARA Presents "Hot Off The Griddle"

Interpromotional Showdown
KingSteen.jpg

RelAtomico.jpg

Handicap.jpg

SDREG.jpg

TB_TB.jpg

Crazy8.jpg

CCYB.jpg

APK.jpg

ROH Presents "Unity"

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe (C) vs Jigsaw & Hallowicked

Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly
wgttdaveykyle.jpg

The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus) vs The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin) w/ Truth Martini
anxhot.jpg

"Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen & "Zombie Princess" Jimmy Jacobs vs El Generico & BJ Whitmer
steenjacobsgenericwhitmer.jpg

ROH vs Chikara Trios Match - Lucha Libre Rules
Jay Lethal, Adam Cole & TJ Perkins vs The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant)

sixmanrotor.jpg

The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson vs The Bravados (Harlem & Lancelot Bravado)
bravadosbucks.jpg

Also signed to appear
- "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

So this is when we get ROH vs Chikara, who's pumped?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: Synergy - ROH & CHIKARA Collide!

iPPV or I riot.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

iPPV or iRiot.

I like it.

Synergy BTW is the name for the whole doubleshot, ROH are presenting Unity, and CHIKARA are presenting Hot Off The Griddle beforehand.

Which is actually better, since we get more action.

Castiel

Reaction score

Really? Well I feel like a fool now, I just saw the poster that said "Synergy". Let me fix this... but that is awesome!

Castiel

Reaction score

Wait, it's all one big day though so I think it's best to keep it as is in a mega thread.

Baltimore, MD (January 23, 2012) - In a first time ever collaboration, Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC and CHIKARA fuse together to make April 28th, 2012 a Professional Wrestling Holiday in the great wrestling city of Chicago! Although both wrestling leagues are different in presentation, they have one thing 100% in common….a desire to give the fans of the Chicagoland area a day of Professional Wrestling that only dreams are made of.

The celebration begins in the afternoon with CHIKARA presenting "Hot Off the Griddle" and wraps up in the evening when Ring of Honor presents “Unity”. This historic day of wrestling festivities all emanates from the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL.

Ring of Honor and CHIKARA officials sealed the deal on this special event last Friday afternoon in Philadelphia, PA. Both offices have come to an agreement that they will go above and beyond to make sure that April 28th, 2012 is a day that will go down in professional wrestling history.

Following that meeting, CHIKARA officials remained in attendance last Friday evening for the “Homecoming 2012” event that took place at the Philadelphia National Guard Armory as invited guests of ROH officials. CHIKARA wrestlers were also invited backstage before the event to introduce themselves to fellow ROH wrestlers in relation to the business agreement made for Chicago on April 28th.

Later on in the evening, CHIKARA representatives Jigsaw and Hallowicked entered the Proving Ground against ROH World Tag Team Champions, Mark and Jay Briscoe in an attempt to earn a future ROH Tag Title match. During this bout Jigsaw was pummeled by the Briscoes, driven through a ringside table, yet somehow managed to roll into the ring at the count of 19, albeit in very rough shape.

At this point members of the CHIKARA roster came out to ringside individually in support of their fellow comrades who were in dire straits. Mike Quackenbush, Frightmare, Dasher Hatfield, The Colony, Saturyne, and Ultra Mantis Black all made unexpected appearances leading to the CHIKARA team upsetting the Briscoes and earning that future ROH Tag Team title shot.

The unorthodox and bizarre personalities of CHIKARA definitely made their presence felt at “Homecoming 2012” in an unscheduled series of events and it is without question that a few ROH wrestlers, as well as members of the staff, were upset at the fact that the CHIKARA wrestlers went to ringside without permission.

It will be interesting to see what happens on the road to ROH-CHIKARA “Synergy” on April 28th, 2012. We can officially confirm that the first contest to be announced at ROH “Unity” is a ROH World Tag Team Championship match with The Briscoe Brothers (if they are still champions) defending against Hallowicked and Jigsaw.

Keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com, as well as CHIKARAPro.com, for more information on both live events including wrestler line-ups, scheduled matches, and any news as this huge day of wrestling gets closer.

Tickets for Ring of Honor’s “Unity” event go on sale Wednesday January 25th @ 10AM for Ringside Members, and to the general public on Friday 1/27 @ 10AM at www.ROHWrestling.com!

Ring of Honor Wrestling “Unity”

Saturday April 28, 2012

Frontier Fieldhouse

9807 Sayre Ave - Chicago Ridge, IL

Belltime – 7:30PM

Tickets on sale – Wed 1/25 @ 10AM EST for Ringside Members; Fri 1/27 @ 10AM EST for General Public

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: Synergy - ROH & CHIKARA Doubleshoot!

KILLSTEENKILL Food for thought: Any ''friend'' of @ringofhonor is an enemy of mine...

Twitter

Well I guess that answers where Steen stands. Now, give us Kingston/Steen or else.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

iGetAStream or iRiot! This looks super duper ultra amazing! It's good to see these two companies forming together to give the fans what they want!

W-olf

Reaction score
ROH/Chikara Tickets

ROH/Chikara Tickets

thumb.php

-- A pre-sale for the ROH/CHIKARA Synergy events has started. ROH tickets are priced at the $20-$60 and CHIKARA will be entirely general admission for $25. The pre-sale is selling tickets for ROH Unity on its own as well as a combo package for both events. A combo ticket will save you $10 overall. The pre-sale is open only to paid members of ROH's "Ringside" membership.

Credit EWN

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: ROH/Chikara Tickets

merged with the Synergy thread, no need for two separate threads.

EDIT: as soon as I figure out my password.....

Castiel

Reaction score

Who else wants to see Davey take on Ophidian with Ophidian going over on ROH's show?

The Viper

Reaction score

Who else wants to see Davey take on Ophidian with Ophidian going over on ROH's show?

Anyone going over Richards is a fantastic idea to me.

BOOK IT!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
so some masked dudes attacked The Colony (Fire & Soldier) & Quacksaw on Sunday, and Eddie Kingston is to be a guest to watch the main event at 10YA.

Shit appears to be getting real.

Castiel

Reaction score
[video=youtube;aBzhqIIBzrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBzhqIIBzrs[/video]

From "10th Anniversary - Steen Steals The Show" I'm sure some sensed this.... now it looks like it will happen! Kingston vs Steen? That would be flat out brutal! Steen even has a mask for when he becomes Grand Champion!