Sweet Mother Of God NOOOOOOOOOO

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
- Legacy's Ted Dibiase was recently interviewed by ESPN and said his career goal in World Wrestling Entertainment would be to end the The Undertaker's undefeated WrestleMania streak.

There was talk last year when Dibiase first arrived on the scene of positioning him as a young star to actually end The Streak. However, it seems that this year may come too early as the company is slowly building him up, along with Cody Rhodes, in their feud against DX.

In the interview, there is also mention of Dibiase's younger brother Bret, who made a run-in during SummerSlam during the Orton-Cena match. Dibiase states that he's only been with WWE developmental for 6 months and being a young starter, needs time to work his way up to the main roster.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

noumenon

Yeah I read this too. They do realize if they do this people will riot and literally kill Dibiasi right?

Spity94

Reaction score
In my opinion, if they didn't give it to Shawn then no one else should end it. Especially a young guy like Dibiase, yeah, him breaking the streak will give him a huge push but you never know if he'll just leave later on like Brock did

noumenon

^My thoughts exactlly.
There is no point in destroying a near 20 year legacy on a young star who they don't even know will be able to succeed after this. It could completely backfire and they could become the most hated person ever in the industry..and I don't mean a good heel type of way either.
Leave the streak alone...let him beat Undertaker some other time.

Hometown Kid

Triple H should end the streak! He's the only one that can. >_>

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
To me if someone ends it should be someone young but someone they know can get over and won't leave the company or anything. I say if they want him to end it give him one full year as a single star first to see how he can do on his own then have him do it.

CenaMark54

This massive heel push should have been Orton's real legacy, but I would be just as happy if a guy like DiBiase ended the streak.

My short list of guys who should do it would be Punk, DiBiase, Morrison, or Orton.

This streak eventually needs to end. It might as well be to someone who has 8 to 10 years left with the company.

CenaMark54

Like the old days in WCW...when Hogan turned heel..lol

I think you are overestimating the value of "Takers Streak"

Hogan was a person that millions of people were emotionally invested in. It litteraly broke hearts when he turned heel.

Takers streak is just a number and unless it is used to put someone over, it will just be remembered as one mans selfishness or a lost opportunity.

Nation

Fuck Ted DiBiase he is no better then Cody. Seriously what is the obsession with DiBiase? Cody has gotten bigger so he has the look as well now.

Spity94

Reaction score
Fuck Ted DiBiase he is no better then Cody. Seriously what is the obsession with DiBiase? Cody has gotten bigger so he has the look as well now.

Yeah im with you, i dont see why people are so high on him, i honestly like Cody better than Dibiase, i think of given the opportunity he can go farther in the business than Ted

noumenon

There aren't too many unspoiled things anymore in the wrestling business...or too many things that the older fans can hang on to. There is no reason to end Taker's streak for anyone's sake. It's not as if Taker will be known for his many title reigns...because he has hardly any. This is Taker's legacy..let one of the last legends go out with his legacy in tact.
And to say the streak means nothing unless it used to put someone over is just ridiculous. That's like saying Flair's retirement match was pointless because it didn't put anyone over.

And seriously, who the fuck is Ted Dibiasi? The kid as done fuck all since being in WWE besides for the last two months. By the looks of it Taker doesn't have much more time left in the business...maybe 2 more Mania...and that even seems like a lot at this point. If you can make people care about Ted Dibiasi THAT much within a year than I'd say the guy is damn impressive enough not to need to end the streak to get over.

Hometown Kid

Yeah im with you, i dont see why people are so high on him, i honestly like Cody better than Dibiase, i think of given the opportunity he can go farther in the business than Ted

Thank you! I was saying that a year ago. Everything about Cody is better than Ted, lisp aside.