Survivor Series Survivor Series 2016, thoughts & predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
What SHOULD happen:
- SmackDown should defeat RAW in every Survivor Series elimination match because they are the superior brand.
- Brock Lesnar should defeat Goldberg.
- Kalisto should defeat The Brian Kendrick because the Cruiserweight division would be treated better on SmackDown.
- Sami Zayn should defeat The Miz because he hasn't done anything relevant since the feud with KO.

What WILL happen:
- RAW defeats SmackDown (2-1) so they can pretend they are the superior brand.
I imagine RAW will come out victorious in the women's match (because Charlotte) and the tag team match (because The New Day). The men's match will probably go to SmackDown, despite the fact that it was hinted in Taker's promo that somebody may mess things up (and may cost their brand the win) and as a result, it would set up Taker's Rumble opponent along the way. But, we'll see. LET'S GO TEAM BLUE!
- Brock Lesnar defeats Goldberg.
- The Brian Kendrick retains the title.
- The Miz retains the IC title via DQ or some other nefarious means.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm going to forgo the match by match on this one... because this is totally different. It's not a show for me, but most seem to love this brand supremacy concept and the return of a bunch of SS matches on one card. For that, I'm proud...

But... As a preface, if you ask me "Who was the best WWE Champion recently?" my mind will go right to Brock Lesnar. Not only was he the most credible champion, but his reign made things FEEL different... and we had PPV's that felt different because we had grudge match main events. Taking a break from title matches is definitely a good thing and it's fun to see a PPV lineup so drastically different. Thank you, WWE.

But in the end, when I see "Survivor Series", warning bells go off in my head. As someone who's only been watching since '08... think a buddy of mine found a DVD of the 2009 show and I enjoyed that one, but otherwise I can count on this show being a dud every single year, and I laugh when I hear people talk about the "prestige" of it. And it got me thinking about last year's show..... LETS GO BACK IN THE NEW DAY-LOREAN

-We came in feeling a hot tournament, and had the talking point of the possible Ambrose heel turn. Then we got Sheamus
-25 YEARS OF THE UNDERTAKER and Wyatt officially reaching the "beyond repair" point
-Ziggler jobbed to Breeze btw
-WWE trying way too damn hard in all the wrong ways to get the Hashtag Divas Revolution over, as Paige screamed the infamous Reid Flair promo and still nobody cared
-a 100% meaningless tag

No matter what we think of 2016, we have come a very, VERY long way.

Anyway, there's a few things to mention I guess...

1: Keep the Cruiserweight Division on Raw.
Maybe the whole plan is to jettison the whole division to 205 Live which would be okay, but they just need the division to fill time on the show. Sure, we could watch Kendrick and Kalisto instead of Curt Hawkins vs Apollo Crews, but otherwise Smackdown's doing just pretty well with time management and the whole division may wind up being rushed. Raw's biggest issue is that they can't book anyone and the cruiserweight division is just the latest example, but maybe this could turn into the Hashtag Divas Revolution and they realize how much these six man tags suck and focus on 2 matches to fill double the time

2: Smackdown has a chance.
Back when Raw was CLEARLY the flagship, the "A show", Smackdown did wind up winning 2 Bragging Rights cups. To send a message that "Smackdown is the better brand!" while sending all the other messages that Raw was more important. 50/50 booking at it's finest, lol. But they aren't going to give Raw the win because "it's the flagship".

3:..... Goldberg should win?
Again, they'd know the state of Goldberg's body more than I would. We don't know if he has another match in him, but... do you really think they're going to let the guy actually on the roster beat the guy who's just going to leave after this night? Come on. You know WWE better than that... But... At least this one could have a chance to make some people happy. We could really use an unpredictable finish, plus bringing the unstoppable monster in Lesnar down a few pegs to where someone can believably challenge him isn't such a bad idea. Plus if Goldberg has any shelf life for a few more matches, that builds HIM up enough to put a guy over really strong later on as well. Btw no, please don't run in Shane

4: There isn't a point to putting the IC Title on Zayn.
The only meaning a midcard belt can have is a story prop. It's making a great one for Miz as he clashes with authority on Smackdown, being a key part of his promos and leading to a lot of entertainment. Raw has shown no interest in featuring Sami Zayn, and that interest won't change with the extra bit of gold around his waist. If they want to trade Miz for Zayn later on it would make sense - and I'm all for Zayn on Smackdown - but seeing the Miz on Raw? During one of his best runs of his career? No, please.

5: Something memorable should happen on this show
I'd love to see a key defection, or the locker rooms empty during the main event, or random DDP run-ins, or some sort of spot like you've never seen before. Something to remember this show as something special. This is setting up to be the perfect show to do something cool, so while those beers are chilling, keep those brain cells a-rolling

Reactions: Solidus1 and alexb

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I guess I believe wrestling should move past the concept of the "80's Monster Heel"
Rip SteakCrunch reminds me of a wrestler who time traveled here from the 80's.
I want wrestlers who can actually wrestle...hence why I think Samoa Joe should
be the one to slay the beast.

I actually think Eric Rowan is pretty solid...and I hope in the future he forms a
full time tag team with Luke Harper and they get a lengthy title run.

Yes it would...

I think A.J is held in such high regard because he truly can do it all. He is a perfect "all rounder"

If you simply judge on in-ring skills and ability...I truly believe Cesaro is the best I've ever seen...
The guy has the perfect balance of skill, speed and strength...but...in my opinion...he just doesn't
have the charisma like A.J.

:p

I find AJ has little charisma... it's not like he's Jericho. As far as having anything, I don't really enjoy him that much, all he really has is spots with no psychology & no mic skills. I do like the wrestling part of it as well but also need good characters & a good, big monster is always great to have in a promotion.... lol Rowan dude really?? So clumsy in everything that he does.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
1: Keep the Cruiserweight Division on Raw.
Maybe the whole plan is to jettison the whole division to 205 Live which would be okay, but they just need the division to fill time on the show. Sure, we could watch Kendrick and Kalisto instead of Curt Hawkins vs Apollo Crews, but otherwise Smackdown's doing just pretty well with time management and the whole division may wind up being rushed. Raw's biggest issue is that they can't book anyone and the cruiserweight division is just the latest example, but maybe this could turn into the Hashtag Divas Revolution and they realize how much these six man tags suck and focus on 2 matches to fill double the time

2: Smackdown has a chance.
Back when Raw was CLEARLY the flagship, the "A show", Smackdown did wind up winning 2 Bragging Rights cups. To send a message that "Smackdown is the better brand!" while sending all the other messages that Raw was more important. 50/50 booking at it's finest, lol. But they aren't going to give Raw the win because "it's the flagship".

3:..... Goldberg should win?
Again, they'd know the state of Goldberg's body more than I would. We don't know if he has another match in him, but... do you really think they're going to let the guy actually on the roster beat the guy who's just going to leave after this night? Come on. You know WWE better than that... But... At least this one could have a chance to make some people happy. We could really use an unpredictable finish, plus bringing the unstoppable monster in Lesnar down a few pegs to where someone can believably challenge him isn't such a bad idea. Plus if Goldberg has any shelf life for a few more matches, that builds HIM up enough to put a guy over really strong later on as well. Btw no, please don't run in Shane

4: There isn't a point to putting the IC Title on Zayn.
The only meaning a midcard belt can have is a story prop. It's making a great one for Miz as he clashes with authority on Smackdown, being a key part of his promos and leading to a lot of entertainment. Raw has shown no interest in featuring Sami Zayn, and that interest won't change with the extra bit of gold around his waist. If they want to trade Miz for Zayn later on it would make sense - and I'm all for Zayn on Smackdown - but seeing the Miz on Raw? During one of his best runs of his career? No, please.

- I guess they're going to keep the Cruiserweights on RAW purely because they need time to fill. Not because they care about the division. LOL
But, it would make sense for the CW division to become a part of SmackDown, given that 205 Live will be airing right after it.
Plus, as I've said before, the Cruiserweights would be treated better on SmackDown. But, will it actually happen? I don't think so. I think WWE just wanted to get us talking and see how'd we react if the IC title got traded for the CW title. Neither title is leaving their respective brands, I feel.

- RAW will win so they can pretend they are still the flagship show. :hhh2:

- Goldberg shouldn't win. It's his last match and you go out on your back in your last match. It's just the way it should be.

- Spot on about The Miz/Zayn stuff, brother.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I find A.J has little charisma... it's not like he's Jericho. As far as having anything, I don't really enjoy him that much, all he really has is spots with no psychology & no mic skills.
Okay...I guess I'm watching a different A.J Styles...
I do like the wrestling part of it as well but also need good characters & a good, big monster is always great to have in a promotion....
I agree that the WWE needs more "characters" as long as they can wrestle...
And it won't be long before the "good, big monster" is neutered and given
a gimmick he doesn't have the charisma to get over.

Clearly we have a difference of opinion on a few matters...but no worries...
Life goes on...

On another topic: What is Rusev doing this Survivor Series? shouldn't
he be wrestling? Or did Glodberg "take him out"?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
5: Something memorable should happen on this show
I'd love to see a key defection, or the locker rooms empty during the main event, or random DDP run-ins, or some sort of spot like you've never seen before. Something to remember this show as something special. This is setting up to be the perfect show to do something cool, so while those beers are chilling, keep those brain cells a-rolling

NXT Invasion? :hhh2:

Reactions: Snowman1

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What I wanna see
-Smackdown wins every Survivor Series match
-Kalisto wins the cruiserweight title because Smackdown can use the cruiserweights more than Raw, raw can find something else to do with the spare time
-Brock beats Goldberg then Samoa Joe debuts and goes at it with Lesnar

What I will probably see
-Smackdown winning 2 matches with Raw winning the last one (with sadly... Roman and Kevin as sole survivors and Roman spearing KO, then raising both US and Universal belts... fuck...)
-Kendrick retains
-Bork wins and that is it

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
NXT Invasion? :hhh2:
This... Could actually happen. Sanity can run out and ruin everything!!! Kinshasa for everyone! Yeah!

But while thinking about the idea I realized what should have been obvious to us all along... The men's Survivor Series match won't have a finish. Someone will run in, or there will be a double pin/double count-out or whatever, and either the feud continues or they say "Both brands are just as good as one another! Woo WWE!"

Because really, one team actually winning would be 66-34 booking, and we can't have that. :sandow:

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Bahhhhh omg it's today!

I really hope the snow fucks right off soon though. Or else my 2hr drive to TO is going to be longer.

Of course the first snow of the year was last night/today like wtf eh?

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
14796817407791852436011.jpg

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Nice man.... hey, did they come out and change the ring ropes to be a different color for the Cruiser-weight match? Or do they change color by themselves or is it a cover?

How loud could you hear the boo's for Roman? ....Was it as bad as it sounded like on tv lol

They put a purple tape over the ropes to change those colors.

And the boos were loud....like really fucking loud.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe