Survivor Series Survivor Series 2016, thoughts & predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Traditionally speaking, Survivor Series has always been considered amongst the “big four” when it comes to WWE PPV’s and up until a certain point, that was indeed the case. Over the years however, it slowly lost its prestige, its glamour and due to various reasons that are not of the presence to discuss turned into more or less a “B” show with little to none interest, a…meh PPV, if you will. Opinions may vary and I’m sure there are a lot of fans out there that may respectfully disagree which is absolutely fine. Let’s just say that me being more of an old school kind of guy, I personally missed the traditional elimination type matches so on that note, it actually feels good to say that I’m really looking forward to this PPV.

Now, was the build to this PPV up to par? Well, as mentioned in my latest post under “Rate RAW” the other day, I feel that overall WWE could have done so much more to make this even more exciting. Unfortunately, creative (or, should I say, the lack of) missed on the opportunity to really give us some special moments that would have made for a much better build but, hey, it is what it is.

Nevertheless, between some good stuff to some hits and misses over the past month, Survivor Series is literally right around the corner, I'm excited so…let’s talk about it:

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

Given the magnitude of both these superstars, it really is a shame to say that this pairing brings back some rather horrible memories. Who could ever forget their first disastrous encounter at Wrestlemania 20, leading to both being practically booed out of the building? That being said, when this second encounter was made official a few weeks ago, the first question that popped into everyone’s head was “can they pull it off this time and deliver a good match”? Well, why wouldn’t they? The concerns are certainly understandable and especially when it comes to Goldberg being out for all these years, it surely makes one wonder what kind of shape he’d be in but from what we’ve seen thus far, I’d say he looks just fine. Quite frankly, I’m even more confident both will look to redeem themselves for that awful first match all those years back so bottom line, I think they’ll do just fine.

The million dollar question is, of course, who wins and in order to answer that question, I feel one should first put things into perspective and examine the facts we have available to us. There’s really no right or wrong answer, just a matter of how the story will be told.

During his first promo on RAW, Goldberg made it perfectly clear that Brock was “next” but most importantly “last”, thus confirming all the reports noting that his return is fa one match deal, a one off so his son can see him wrestle live. That may very well be the case but what if this is all just an attempt to throw us fans off while setting up a second match down the road, say Wrestlemania? The thing is, many find it hard to believe that Goldberg would agree to finally come back after all these years for one more match only to lose neglecting what is perhaps the most important factor: Brock’s undefeated run.

Some perhaps might not even care about the undefeated streak but the fact of the matter is WWE have gone out of their ways (rightfully so) making notice of it every single time they can and this of course has nothing to do with making Lesnar look good; it’s not like this dude needs it anyway. The big picture is obviously the build up to the point that his defeat, whenever that occurs, will be something big, something special and a huge deal for the beneficiary of it. How many times have we discussed in various threads the options in regards to an opponent suitable and/or believable that will finally conquer the conqueror, that will slay the beast? That’s exactly the point, therefore the question here is, how important is it for WWE to maintain Brock’s undefeated streak? Well, in my opinion, it should remain a big fucking deal and his eventual defeat can only be a Wrestlemania moment in my book.

The above assumption, if accurate, amongst others also disregards one of the very common scenarios that I’ve heard floating around lately, a theory in which Shane MacMahon would interfere and cost Brock the match following the events that took place at Summerslam and ultimately leading to a match between these two at Wrestlemania. The story is definitely there, can’t deny it, but it’s one that I feel doesn’t really make too much sense. Aside from this being a very uneven contest, it’s also a waste of Lesnar time, let alone Mania time. As for the “this isn’t over” quote on Smackdown, Shane could easily just choose someone to go against Brock because, again, it has to be somewhat realistic and you know that Shane can’t possibly stand a chance, as crazy and fearless he is. Or, per WWE standards, that quote could be just…forgotten, I don’t know, like, uh, does the infamous lockbox ring a bell? All I'm saying is, it wouldn't be the first time WWE would fail to follow up on a story.

All in all, I am predicting that Brock Lesnar will come out victorious from Survivor Series, however this should be the…easy part so allow me to try and take this a step further.

As noted above, I’m having a hard time believing that Goldberg will simply come back, lose a match and ride into the sunset. It may very well be the case and a lot will obviously depend on how his match at Survivor Series goes but if I’m Goldberg, I ain’t granting my son’s wish just for a loss. If I’m Goldberg, I would also like to have my son see my hand raised in victory and a capacity crowd going bananas over it, giving him a moment to remember forever. In other words, yes, I am thinking one more match and yes, I’m thinking Wrestlemania. How would I book it?

My simple idea is that when it appears that Goldberg is closing in on a win over Lesnar, you could have some type of bump with the referee that will knock him out for a few minutes; you know, the typical stuff. Perhaps Goldberg goes for a spear, Brock sort of stumbles out of the way and the ref eats it instead. As Goldberg tries to understand what just happened or checks on the referee…Machka !!! Rusev (whom by the way was noticeably absent this past Monday on RAW) comes out of nowhere and attacks Goldberg. He does whatever he needs to do (super kick, accolade, anything) and leaves. That's it. Referee slowly awakes, Lesnar is back on his feet, F5, one two three, ring it. This allows Brock to preserve his undefeated streak and take massive heat for it while at the same time it creates sympathy for Goldberg who got screwed AND…sets up your Wrestlemania match: Goldberg vs. Rusev. Why?

Because…why not? Think about it. You already have one RAW segment to build off of (two weeks ago), it’s a big time match for Rusev on the grandest stage against a legend (talk about a huge rub) and a very nice setup for a Goldberg win at the same time. Not for nothing, aside from Rusev being a legit opponent, he’s also a very good worker in the ring and most importantly, a safe worker for Goldberg. And how epic would it be to get that Goldberg entrance one last time at Wrestlemania? The way I see this, it’s a win-win situation.

I'm sure there are several other dream matches that would probably sound better but for the reasons stated above, i feel Rusev would be the perfect candidate, IF of course Goldbeg is to have one more match at Mania.

Cruiserweight Championship: Kendrick vs. Kalisto
Intercontinental Championship: Miz vs. Zayn

With both of these matches having so much in common in terms of storylines, stipulations or being inter-promotional, I figured it only made sense to put them together, under one category.

On one hand, RAW’s Brian Kendrick defends his Cruiserweight title against Kalisto with the added stipulation that if Kalisto wins, the entire cruiserweight division will move to Smackdown. On the other hand, SD’s Miz defends his IC strap against RAW’s Sami Zayn and, again, if Zayn wins, the IC title goes to RAW.

So, the question begging is this: does either title change hands? The stipulations injected in both these matches obviously add to the intrigue and importance respectively and one could easily argue that if by the end of the day both champions end up retaining, it may feel kind of a bummer, as in “all this fuss for nothing”. In addition to that, WWE have tried to throw some “hints” out there leading to speculation in regards of the outcomes. For example, the fact that 205 live will start airing shortly on Tuesdays has led to many assuming Kalisto will win and then you had this almost out of the blue “attack” on Stephanie’s behalf against Samy Zayn the other week, literally ripping him apart while adding pressure being she considers this a must win in order for the IC title to return to RAW.

My approach, though perhaps simplistic, is that the timing seems off for either Kendrick or Miz to drop their belts. It’s barely been half a month since Kendrick won the gold over TJ Perkins at HIAC and then Miz was crowned new IC champ just last night, something that probably took most by surprise. I, for one, figured Ziggler would get a somewhat lengthier run (as in a couple of months, three max) however WWE elected to take the belt off of him a little over a month after he won it at No Mercy and four days shy of SS. Interesting move, to say the least and to be honest, I am kind of wondering if by Sunday WWE decide to insert Ziggler into this match and make it a triple threat. I know I’d be down for that, not to mention it could work if Zigger were to demand for his rematch instantly but whatever the case, Miz is too damn good these days to have him be somewhat of a transitional champion.

Now, as we all know, trying to put too much logic when thinking out these scenarios usually doesn’t pay off because…WWE. After all, how many times have we scratched our heads wondering about certain decisions they’ve made? Yes, exactly what you’re thinking reading this but apparently something has to give, otherwise this entire storyline would just seem pointless.

While they made such a big deal about the cruiserweight division being “exclusive” to RAW, it hasn’t really felt that they are treating it that way, has it? Changing the ropes, ok, may be a nice little touch but what have they actually done with the talent itself? I’ll tell you what: 6-man tag matches EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WEEK for some four or five minutes that mean absolutely nothing. As far as I’m concerned, this experiment has failed so perhaps a move towards Smackdown might be the best way to rejuvenate both our interest and the division itself. It also makes sense from a logistics standpoint because, why have the talent being on RAW if they are going to be travelling with SD anyway? And last but not least, they all of a sudden added Tom Philips, a pretty good play by play announcer in the booth last week, making me wonder if they are grooming him for whatever changes may be bound to happen. I know they are currently referring to him as a host but let’s be real: a 3+ hour RAW has 3 announcers and a 2 hour Smackdown all of a sudden needs 4? How does that make any sense? This can’t be a permanent thing…

Bottom line, though I still am not convinced that WWE will pull the trigger (maybe because Kalisto has fucked up time and again), all the facts point to a Kallisto victory so I guess I’ll go with that myself. HOWEVER, unlike several rumors floating out there insinuating a possible “switch”, I am also predicting that Miz will retain, thus keeping the IC title on SD. Why? A) you already have a mid-card belt on RAW, B) there’s not enough mid-card talent on RAW (not any that we give a fuck about anyway) to support two belts, C) having both the US and IC straps on RAW will eventually lead to both being devalued and D) what the fuck will the SD mid-card be fighting for eventually, as in the Corbins and Apollo Crews’s etc?

On a side note and based on Stephanie’s reaction the other week towards Zayn, I am going to furthermore predict that Zayn’s failure to capture the IC title will lead to him getting either fired or some kind of bullshit along those lines, leading then to DB and Shane eventually picking him up and adding him to the SD roster. It totally makes sense storyline wise and it is a move that will undoubtedly boost the blue brand in a major way, not to mention Sami Zayn himself. After all, what has Zayn been doing on RAW lately? Yeah, right…

The Three Traditional Elimination Matches

Once again, I feel there is no need to go with each of the three individually so making this a category of its own.

So, up until the go home shows on Monday and Tuesday respectively, I was really hoping they would add a bit more intrigue to these matches, make them even more interesting by adding some extra stakes instead of it being simply for bragging rights. Meh, apparently bragging rights is good enough so, yeah, okay, go teams…

Now, I’ve heard several suggesting a clean RAW sweep. Given it’s Vince we are talking about and this being the “flagship” show versus the eternally “B” show, I wouldn’t be surprised but it would probably be a dick move, right? Hmm, but isn’t Vince a dick anyway? Hmm.

Personally speaking, I would like to see SD get the best over RAW being it has constantly been the better show since the brand split but, again, I can’t see how Vince would ever approve of such an outcome, which is why I’ve concluded on a 2-1 victory of the series in favor of RAW.

Keeping it short and sweet:

a) RAW women beat SD women. I would personally like to see Nia Jax be the sole survivor for team RAW but chances are, it’ll probably end up being Charlotte instead, most likely in a showdown with Becky.

b) SD Tag Teams beat RAW Tag teams because too many combustible elements on the RAW team. Being how over Slater is, I wouldn’t be surprised if him and Rhyno would end up being the survivors but my better judgment says it’ll come down to New Day and American Alpha. That, I'd really like to see...

At this point, amongst others, this would ultimately lead to the main event with the score tied at 1-1, thus adding a bit more suspense for the final outcome. What will that outcome be?

C) Well, of course Team RAW defeats Team Smackdown and of course Roman Reigns will be your sole survivor. God forbid, the golden boy will be booked strong again and it’ll most likely come down to him and AJ Styles. Bray, Orton and Strowman I am guessing will all be counted out while brawling at ring side (or even beyond that) and then maybe Ellsworth will cost his team with some DQ when he decides to interfere.

Hey, it’s not the ideal scenario but to be perfectly honest, it does make the most sense, more so when putting into considerationa the Undertaker’s promo last night. Simply put, AJ being the captain of the team will be the one to be called upon and this is something that can easily start after TLC. AJ will successfully retain his belt against Ambrose but the following Tuesday on SD, while perhaps celebrating and running his mouth…the bell tolls and out comes Taker confronting him on team SD losing at SS, issuing a challenge and leading to a title match at the Royal Rumble. If you ask me, the story just writes itself…

All in all, I am very confident this will be a very entertaining show so get them beers chilled and let us have a good time watching...

Cheers !!!

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
No offense to AJ Styles... but I really hope this doesn't set up Taker Vs AJ for WM... Having Taker beat them down for losing the match & AJ gets cocky & goes after him. The only 2 entertaining options I see are Orton, perhaps with the help of Bray or.... John Cena (hopefully heel but which ever)

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Now he has become Death...Destroyer of Lesnar:
So picture Brock and Goldberg have just put on a grueling match and while
Goldberg has been better than anyone expected Brock has the advantage and
is moving in for the kill. In a move of desperation Goldberg pulls the
referee in front of a charging Brock and the ref goes down. Brock not caring
once again moves in to finish off Goldberg only for the house lights to go down.
Once they come back on standing behind Brock is...Samoa Joe.

samoa-joe-27455883.jpg

Joe attacks Brock full force and hits him with the muscle buster. Joe then leaves the ring
as Brock staggers to his feet only for him to be speared by Goldberg. Goldberg then hits
the jackhammer for the win as Joe looks on smiling.

The Booking After:
The next night on RAW Joe declares the entire RAW roster on notice especially
Kevin Owens. Joe will make up for lost time by winning the Royal Rumble and
crushing his Wrestlemania opponent to claim the Universal title.

Joe begins his path of destruction by defeating Mark Henry, Big Show, Big E
& Big Cass in the weeks leading up to the rumble. In the rumble match itself
Joe draws number 20 and eliminates 10 competitors in record time before being
the last one left with the eventual winner. Cue Brock Lesnar's music and a massive
pop as Brock charges the ring and engages Joe full force. Brock eliminates
Joe leaving whoever WWE choose to win the Rumble and setting up a Brock
Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe cage match at Wrestlemania.

The Boss Of Betrayal:
Sasha-Banks-Angry-600x250.jpg

So the ladies elimination match is drawing to a close and its Bayley & Sasha Banks
against Becky Lynch & Nikki Bella. Nikki is next to go but Sasha is in turn
eliminated by Becky. Sasha rolls to the outside and looks somewhat defeated but
instead of walking to the back Sasha stays at ringside. The referee is then
distracted...by either Natalya fighting with Dana Brooke or a returning Eva Marie
when Sasha slips back into the ring to help Bayley. Bayley holds Sasha off and tells
her she doesn't want to win by cheating. Sasha then hits the backstabber on Bayley
leaving her wide open for Becky to lock in the Dis-Arm-Her. Bayley taps and Team
SmackDown gets the win. Sasha hands Becky her Women's title and raises her hand...
only for Sasha to then attack Becky. The match ends with Sasha standing over a
fallen Becky holding the SmackDown Women's Title above her head.

The Booking After:
On RAW the next night it is revealed that Natalya has been traded to make room on
SmackDown for Sasha Banks. Charlotte cuts a promo stating that now that the silly
team games are over she can focus on being the alpha female of the red brand.
She now feels sorry for Bayley who has been left all alone and has no chance of
ever winning the Women's Championship. Later that night Bayley is confronted by
Natalya who offers to help train her to beat Charlotte and make her dreams a
reality. Bayley excepts the offer and so begins a feud between Bayley & Natalya
vs. Charlotte & Dana Brooke (Or Nia Jax) leading to Bayley eventually winning
the championship at Wrestlemania and breaking Charlotte's Pay Per View streak
in a epic, feel good moment. Huggamania is Born!

On the SmackDown after Survivor Series Sasha Banks (in full heel mode) cuts a
vicious promo on RAW, Stephanie, Mick Foley and "The Chosen One" Charlotte.
Sasha is sick of playing nice and has come to SmackDown for one reason and
one reason only...to claim the SmackDown Women's Championship. She forms
an alliance with Carmella and ruthlessly targets Becky Lynch leading to a
Wrestlemania match between the Boss & the Irish Lass Kicker...which I would
have Sasha win clean and then have an extended run with the title...something
she was never given on RAW. In this time you can throw Becky, Nikki Bella, Naomi,
Alexa Bliss & Eva Marie(?) at her and have her beat all of them.Then after her
extended reign have Becky win the title back...or have Nikki Bella win it.

Others:
~ Gallows & Anderson betray RAW to join SmackDown and reform the Club with A.J.
~ Orton betrays Bray (and in turn SmackDown) leading to a Wrestlemania match with
the Undertaker.
~ Sin Cara costs Brian Kendrick the Cruiserweight title by helping Kalisto and moving
the entire division to SmackDown.

~ I'd suggest a Shield Reunion...but Ambrose would not leave SmackDown as he has
a title shot at TLC and it would make no sense for him to give that up.

That's all I got...

Last edited:
Reactions: alexb and Solidus1

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Now he has become Death...Destroyer of Lesnar:
So picture Brock and Goldberg have just put on a grueling match and while
Goldberg has been better than anyone expected Brock has the advantage and
is moving in for the kill. In a move of desperation Goldberg pulls the
referee in front of a charging Brock and the ref goes down. Brock not caring
once again moves in to finish off Goldberg only for the house lights to go down.
Once they come back on standing behind Brock is...Samoa Joe.

samoa-joe-27455883.jpg

Joe attacks Brock full force and hits him with the muscle buster. Joe then leaves the ring
as Brock staggers to his feet only for him to be speared by Goldberg. Goldberg then hits
the jackhammer for the win as Joe looks on smiling.

The Booking After:
The next night on RAW Joe declares the entire RAW roster on notice especially
Kevin Owens. Joe will make up for lost time by winning the Royal Rumble and
crushing his Wrestlemania opponent to claim the Universal title.

Joe begins his path of destruction by defeating Mark Henry, Big Show, Big E
& Big Cass in the weeks leading up to the rumble. In the rumble match itself
Joe draws number 20 and eliminates 10 competitors in record time before being
the last one left with the eventual winner. Cue Brock Lesnar's music and a massive
pop as Brock charges the ring and engages Joe full force. Brock eliminates
Joe leaving whoever WWE choose to win the Rumble and setting up a Brock
Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe cage match at Wrestlemania.

The Boss Of Betrayal:
Sasha-Banks-Angry-600x250.jpg

So the ladies elimination match is drawing to a close and its Bayley & Sasha Banks
against Becky Lynch & Nikki Bella. Nikki is next to go but Sasha is in turn
eliminated by Becky. Sasha rolls to the outside and looks somewhat defeated but
instead of walking to the back Sasha stays at ringside. The referee is then
distracted...by either Natalya fighting with Dana Brooke or a returning Eva Marie
when Sasha slips back into the ring to help Bayley. Bayley holds Sasha off and tells
her she doesn't want to win by cheating. Sasha then hits the backstabber on Bayley
leaving her wide open for Becky to lock in the Dis-Arm-Her. Bayley taps and Team
SmackDown gets the win. Sasha hands Becky her Women's title and raises her hand...
only for Sasha to then attack Becky. The match ends with Sasha standing over a
fallen Becky holding the SmackDown Women's Title above her head.

The Booking After:
On RAW the next night it is revealed that Natalya has been traded to make room on
SmackDown for Sasha Banks. Charlotte cuts a promo stating that now that the silly
team games are over she can focus on being the alpha female of the red brand.
She now feels sorry for Bayley who has been left all alone and has no chance of
ever winning the Women's Championship. Later that night Bayley is confronted by
Natalya who offers to help train her to beat Charlotte and make her dreams a
reality. Bayley excepts the offer and so begins a feud between Bayley & Natalya
vs. Charlotte & Dana Brooke (Or Nia Jax) leading to Bayley eventually winning
the championship at Wrestlemania and breaking Charlotte's Pay Per View streak
in a epic, feel good moment. Huggamania is Born!

On the SmackDown after Survivor Series Sasha Banks (in full heel mode) cuts a
vicious promo on RAW, Stephanie, Mick Foley and "The Chosen One" Charlotte.
Sasha is sick of playing nice and has come to SmackDown for one reason and
one reason only...to claim the SmackDown Women's Championship. She forms
an alliance with Carmella and ruthlessly targets Becky Lynch leading to a
Wrestlemania match between the Boss & the Irish Lass Kicker...which I would
have Sasha win clean and then have an extended run with the title...something
she was never given on RAW. In this time you can throw Becky, Nikki Bella, Naomi,
Alexa Bliss & Eva Marie(?) at her and have her beat all of them.Then after her
extended reign have Becky win the title back...or have Nikki Bella win it.

Others:
~ Gallows & Anderson betray RAW to join SmackDown and reform the Club with A.J.
~ Orton betrays Bray (and in turn SmackDown) leading to a Wrestlemania match with
the Undertaker.
~ Sin Cara costs Brian Kendrick the Cruiserweight title by helping Kalisto and moving
the entire division to SmackDown.

~ I'd suggest a Shield Reunion...but Ambrose would not leave SmackDown as he has
a title shot at TLC and it would make no sense for him to give that up.

That's all I got...

WWE has no long term plans for Joe... and he's older now, no way he's gonna get the rub off of Lesnar. Pretty sure they are building up Strowman for that, which sucks

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
No offense to AJ Styles... but I really hope this doesn't set up Taker Vs AJ for WM... Having Taker beat them down for losing the match & AJ gets cocky & goes after him. The only 2 entertaining options I see are Orton, perhaps with the help of Bray or.... John Cena (hopefully heel but which ever)

Quite opposite, my theory is that the setup for Undertaker vs. AJ Styles will be for the Royal Rumble. Undertaker himself made it perfectly clear that he didn't return just for Wrestlemania, but came back to stay and make an impact, indicating at least one more big run, perhaps his final run. Now, everyone knows that his presence alone would be good enough to help sell out the Alamo Dome so one can only imagine what could happen if he's in a title match.

And just to continue my thinking, the idea is for Undertaker to defeat AJ at the Rumble, become new champion and carry the belt till Wrestlemania where he faces John Cena. If there's ever a place and time for Cena to tie Ric Flair's record, that's Wrestlemania and who a better opponent then Undertaker? If the streak was alive and well, this could have been epic all around but either way, this should be your Wrestlemania main event....

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
WWE has no long term plans for Joe... and he's older now, no way he's gonna get the rub off of Lesnar. Pretty sure they are building up Strowman for that, which sucks

Fact of the matter is, there's only a handful of people that can beat Brock Lesnar at this point, making it believable at the same time and Joe is one of them. This has been an ongoing discussion for months now but realistically, Samoe Joe is really one of three options out there alongside Nakamura and Cesaro. Yeah, I'm sure you could add Roman Reigns into the mix but God knows all fans would shit on WWE and rightfully so.

At this point and time, if I had to make a guess, I would favor Nakamura...

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Lesnar/Goldberg: Hopefully they have a better match this time. I don't see a scenario in which Lesnar loses.

Miz/Zayn: I think it is safe to say RAW has the IC championship, no reason for the title to be put back on a heel for any other reason. Unless of course Maryse does the spray gimmick and Miz retains...

Kalisto/Kendrick: I think the Cruiserweights for the IC title is a nice trade. Sure Smackdown won't have a mid card but it'll force the writers to make the mid-card guys into credible world championship contenders. I mean odds are the IC title is coming back to SDlive but I really wouldn't mind if it went permanently.

All the Survivor Series tag matches:

The men's I see going to SDlive thanks to HHH possibly. My dream finish is Styles V. Rollins with HHH coming in costing team RAW the W. That would be cool. Maybe 'taker doesn't like that Styles won because of interference and challenges him? Or we just get Orton Vs. 'Taker somehow.

The Women's match really could go either way. I say RAW wins with Sasha or Bayley going over Carmella or Alexa. But SDlive has Nikki Bella and you know...politics. I could see Nia playing an important role in this match. Whether it be allowing team SDlive to show off their good team work (Thanks to coach Natalya)or just turning on her team Big Show style.

The Tag team match might end up being the most fun. I say this one goes to RAW as well simply because of the New Day. I will say that SDlive has the better team overall but RAW has the merch pushers...
If SDlive does Secure the W it could play into breaking up the New Day. They've lost a lot lately and this could be the climax of it all. We could see them become more divided as the months go on, possibly culminating in a friendly split after they break demolitions record. Who am I kidding, friendships never end respectfully in WWE...not without a match or two first.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Miz/Zayn: I think it is safe to say RAW has the IC championship, no reason for the title to be put back on a heel for any other reason. Unless of course Maryse does the spray gimmick and Miz retains...

You know, over the past few days I've read and/or listened to various thoughts and predictions and it seems the majority of people think they same thing, basically considering Sami Zayn a lock. Most common arguments? Miz is a heel and WWE prefered the face versus heel dynamic, WWE are setting up for a title swap and Sami Zayn is Canadian thus home field advantage.

While valid points indeed, I think a) the face versus face or heel versus face dynamic isn't really big factor when the main concept of SS is RAW versus Smackdown, b) it just makes no sense in adding the IC title on a show that already features the equivilent US title (my entire opinion on the matter is posted above) and c) when's the last time a homecoming actually went well for the home town hero? I could go through a ton of names and examples but for now I'll stick to one o f the most recent examples, still fresh in our memories: Sasha Banks, Boston, HIAC...

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
You know, over the past few days I've read and/or listened to various thoughts and predictions and it seems the majority of people think they same thing, basically considering Sami Zayn a lock. Most common arguments? Miz is a heel and WWE prefered the face versus heel dynamic, WWE are setting up for a title swap and Sami Zayn is Canadian thus home field advantage.

While valid points indeed, I think a) the face versus face or heel versus face dynamic isn't really big factor when the main concept of SS is RAW versus Smackdown, b) it just makes no sense in adding the IC title on a show that already features the equivilent US title (my entire opinion on the matter is posted above) and c) when's the last time a homecoming actually went well for the home town hero? I could go through a ton of names and examples but for now I'll stick to one o f the most recent examples, still fresh in our memories: Sasha Banks, Boston, HIAC...

Your point on the homecoming hero always losing is something I actually over-looked, but I wouldn't rule Sami out on that alone. After all if he wins it could be temporary, Stephanie could kick him off RAW the next night or he'll only hold it until the next cross-brand PPV. Or (and not likely) it could be some elaborate way to get the Miz to RAW and Zayn to Smackdown, I don't know.

IMO the IC and US championships aren't the same, yes they're both mid card championships but I'd argue that the IC title carries far more prestige and value than the US championship does. The US championship is at best a lower mid-card championship when not held by a Cena or Rusev and a mere prop when held by people like Roman Reigns...no real comparison here.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Prediction:
Trish stratus returns when there's only Charlotte and becky left. Looks like she's going to help becky and team smackdown win, when suddenly she plays the heel and helps Charlotte.

Might seem random, but I read an article about6 months ago saying she'd be more than happy to come back given the right circumstances.

Hometown ppv....?

Reactions: alexb

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Prediction:
Trish stratus returns when there's only Charlotte and becky left. Looks like she's going to help becky and team smackdown win, when suddenly she plays the heel and helps Charlotte.

Might seem random, but I read an article about6 months ago saying she'd be more than happy to come back given the right circumstances.

Hometown ppv....?

Charlotte Vs Stratus WM33:bige2:paddle on a pole match

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
That's a shame...and having Rock PlankChest defeat Bork La$er
would be like putting out a fire with kerosene...a very, very bad idea.
This has been an ongoing discussion for months now but realistically, Samoa Joe is really one of three options out there alongside Nakamura and Cesaro.
Man...in a perfect world Cesaro would get the chance...God I'd pay to see that...
Prediction:
Trish stratus returns when there's only Charlotte and Becky left. Looks like she's going to help Becky and team smackdown win, when suddenly she plays the heel and helps Charlotte.
Hell Yeah...Heel Trish was always the best Trish...
Charlotte Vs Stratus WM33:bige2:paddle on a pole match
I think women's wrestling is past those days...

And for the record... I'd rather see Trish Stratus vs. Alexa Bliss in a "Paddle on a Pole" match :p

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
That's a shame...and having Rock PlankChest defeat Bork La$er
would be like putting out a fire with kerosene...a very, very bad idea.

Man...in a perfect world Cesaro would get the chance...God I'd pay to see that...

Hell Yeah...Heel Trish was always the best Trish...

I think women's wrestling is past those days...

And for the record... I'd rather see Trish Stratus vs. Alexa Bliss in a "Paddle on a Pole" match :p

I know there are better guys to beat Brock trust me, I just think that's what WWE is going to try to do. I don't mind the guy, he's def a beast! I heard him on a couple podcasts & he seems like a humble dude. He's not that bad in the ring, always could use a new monster... He's def better than Rowan lol

Them letting Cesaro beat Brock would be freaking amazing....

People are always on me about who the best wrestler is right now because I call AJ overrated when people say he is... don't get me wrong he's great, but not the best in the world. Cesaro is def one of them if you ask me.... as far as in the ring goes he's way better than AJ is, I'll get bashed for saying that because noobs don't look at the small things he does in the ring and mark for AJ doing flips even though he has no ring psychology, but I've never been the one to go with the popular decision or jump on bandwagons.
Cesaro beating Brock... if they worked the match the right way, would be amazing. Have them testing their strength against each other and stuff, man I would love that. That guy is underrated like crazy but so are thousands of wrestlers I guess while Roman gets the comfy spot at the top because of "his look" which is translation for saying "We really don't have a reason because lots of guys have tattoo's and long hair but he is family & we want the rock to keep coming back"

Sorry... went off there for a second lol

Oh yeah & I know they are passed that but hey... :roode:a fella can dream can't he? ......Plus I like using those creepy faces

To be really honest, what I actually want is:
Maryse VS Lana VS Bliss VS Emmalina VS Mandy Rose VS AJ Lee VS Alicia Fox :bray:Bra & Panties, Paddle On A Pole Match (Fans bring the paddles)

& maybe throw in Carmella ...I didn't really like her after she split from E&C but then I saw her do that moonwalk, in them pants with that butt she has on SD #900 & I was all:booker:

...Ok I'll stop now.

Reactions: Solidus1

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh yeah that ass is fine as fuck.
So is nikki's. Maaaaaan oh man.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I know there are better guys to beat Brock trust me, I just think that's what WWE is going to try to do. I don't mind the guy, he's def a beast! I heard him on a couple podcasts & he seems like a humble dude. He's not that bad in the ring, always could use a new monster...He's def better than Rowan...lol
I guess I believe wrestling should move past the concept of the "80's Monster Heel"
Rip SteakCrunch reminds me of a wrestler who time traveled here from the 80's.
I want wrestlers who can actually wrestle...hence why I think Samoa Joe should
be the one to slay the beast.

I actually think Erick Rowan is pretty solid...and I hope in the future he forms a
full time tag team with Luke Harper and they get a lengthy title run.
Them letting Cesaro beat Brock would be freaking amazing....
Yes it would...
People are always on me about who the best wrestler is right now because I call AJ overrated when people say he is... don't get me wrong he's great, but not the best in the world. Cesaro is def one of them if you ask me.... as far as in the ring goes he's way better than AJ is, I'll get bashed for saying that because noobs don't look at the small things he does in the ring and mark for AJ doing flips even though he has no ring psychology, but I've never been the one to go with the popular decision or jump on bandwagons.
I think A.J is held in such high regard because he truly can do it all. He is a perfect "all rounder"

If you simply judge on in-ring skills and ability...I truly believe Cesaro is the best I've ever seen...
The guy has the perfect balance of skill, speed and strength...but...in my opinion...he just doesn't
have the charisma like A.J.

I also feel that Cesaro's career took a massive hit with Tyson Kidd getting severely injured. From
the matches I've watched those guys could have been one of the greatest tag teams of all time.

They had amazing chemistry as a team and they had Natalya (who has suffered even more than
Cesaro both professionally and personally) as their mouthpiece. It just seemed so perfect.

Well...Shit Happens as they say...and now he's in a team with Sheamus...Ugh...

Point is Cesaro is amazing and should be challenging for a singles title and winning it.
Maryse VS Lana VS Bliss VS Emmalina VS Mandy Rose VS AJ Lee VS Alicia Fox Bra & Panties, Paddle On A Pole Match (Fans bring the paddles)
Jesus H. Christ...I'd honestly be happy with Charlotte vs. Alexa Bliss in a normal match...
But if they started kissing my head would explode...No not that head you perverts!

scanners_headexplosion.gif

Oh yeah that ass is fine as fuck.
So is nikki's. Maaaaaan oh man.
And Nikki Knows it...why do you think she does that little dance during her entrance...
:p

Last edited: