• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Why smackdown doesn't interest me anymore

i personally no longer feel like watching smackdown for the time being. i feel that the feuds are just not as interesting as compared to the NB/original feud.

MVP vs benoit: though they always put on good matches, i don't think there is much build-up to this feud. MVP just screws benoit to piss benoit off, then cheat to win a title shot. this feud just seems pointless to me. if MVP was better, he would have won the title by now. i hate title feuds that stretch too long.

Deuce & Domino(D&D) vs London & Kendrick(L&K): i don't like this feud mainly because i don't think D&D deserve this title so fast and i think that if they were to beat L&K, it shouldn't be in the first match as it makes L&K look bad. also, where is the London-Kendrick feud that have been rumored for so long. if they were to split and go into singles competition, i think they should have a long feud with each other first. also i don't think they will get far in singles competition because of their size.

Kane (sometimes with boogeyman) vs Regal & Taylor: somebody please explain to me this feud. why does regal & taylor hate kane? because he's big and a monster? then how about you two englishman go attack the great khali then? this is just a stupid feud.

Batista vs Undertaker: ok this feud have been good so far with batista raising his game to put on a good show, but then undertaker have to get injured. if batista become the new champion, who does he feud with? since about may last year, the three challengers to batista's title have been kennedy, booker and undertaker. booker is injured, and Kennedy is Mr money in the bank so he wouldn't feud with the champion so quickly, and undertaker is injured. who challenges Batista? from the current roster, nobody there are nobody that deserves it that is not in a feud. so unless wwe trade someone from raw over, we will be seeing batista squashing mid-carders. and please don't say mark henry, that's almost as bad as cena-khali.

Defiant One

Reaction score
I dont wanna say Mark Henry but..... Mark Henry. I dont like it as much as you but it looks likely to happen. WWE has dropped the ball on Kane period. Deuce and Domino i think that they're alright I was tired of London and Kenrick holding the belts and not defending them and PPVs, though I dont know if that will change now that D&D are champs at least right this moment. MVP-Benoit has dragged on but at least good matches come out of it. we all know its only a matter of time before MVP gets that belt. I personally dont blame you for not watching SD, there just isnt that need to watch it like Raw or even ECW lately, and with Taker goin down it doesnt look to get better in the near future.

Great One

I 100% agree, Smackdown fucking sucks, if the WWE wants to try to get people to actually want on a FRIDAY night, please put on something entertaining and worth my time, garbage. Come on WWE quit being Blue it's time for another draft (hopefully when we actually get a fucking official RAW GM AND THE NEW SMACKDOWN GM...).

3lions

Reaction score
I have just read Linda's column on the IW website which shares these thoughts. SD! is by far the best show for 'wrestling' but the matches have no purpose. The storylines on Raw/ECW (especially ECW) are much better than those on SD!. Imo, SD! has the best 'wrestlers' but they aren't given anything to feud over. Take the Helms/Yang match for instance, where did this match come from? A simple promo before the match by Helms stating that he wants revenge for Yang costing him the CW title would have generated some interest and actually reason for the match. As it was, it was just a good match thrown onto the show.

I don't want SD! to turn into Raw with Vince appearing week in, week out, but the brand definately needs some interesting storylines.

Wrestling Station

I think they need to bring some ROH talents to Smackdown. But i doubt that there are any recognisable heavyweights in ROH at this moment. As Smackdown needs some Heavyweights to add to their roster.

Yes i got to agree that Batista have raised his game recently which is good for Smackdown. But now what feud should be injected in the middle of all the bad occassions that happend recently in Smackdown?

I think they need to make a big step in the storyline especially in the title picture so soon, as if the highest pick of superstars not feuding in the correct manner coz is the most important for the brand as its the main thing to talk about there, even if there are other smaller or less interest feud in the midcarders region got to have a strong storyline.

From that, they need to make a big feud to save the disaster.
Im not sure which wrestler should feud with Batista? I dont like to see HBK in Smackdown coz its just bad to see a Raw superstar gets to dominate and be in the title picture that soon.

BUT, in my opinion, I think an outsider from another brand should be drafted to Smackdown. Even if from OVW, get a big guy (would be a good surprise to the fans as when Khali came to attack Taker was a big feud imo at its beginning), give him a strong gimmick and let him interfer in Batista's matches to feud with him for sometime, till Kennedy cashes his MITB shot.

phantomgerald

^^^the thing about introducing a guy from OVW is the gimmick. it usually takes a few months for them to build the gimmick before starting on proper feuds and what sd need is a ME NOW!!!

Nation

Your saying smackdown sucks when Khali is main eventing Raw? I watch smackdown because they have wrestling and not entertainment (Besides Boogeyman).

PeepShow

Ya, seriously. I was reading an article on wrestlezone.com, and they said that If Batista wins on friday (tuesday), that its not out of the question to see Kennedy cash in the MITB and beat Batista. Its not set in stone, but I wouldnt mind that happening

Great One

The wrestling doesn't even matter when the guys who can wrestler are in fucking LOW CARD.

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
Yeah, Khali is main eventing Raw, but thats about the only thing that sucks about it. Everything else is pretty much gold on Raw, and now that Vinnie Mac is main eventing ECW it adds way more depth than it used to have.

Smackdown is sucking it up lately, and that does sadden me. It probably is my favorite show that the WWE puts out. They just have not found the feuds that work for what they have right now, and yeah I totally agree that they could be pushing the Benoit/MVP feud way more than they have been, and they could make it more entertaining. Regal/Taylor and Kane that is another 'WTF mate'. And I also don't like Mark Henry, but you know its going to happen. Alright, thats fine by me, just let the UT have his belt back when he gets back.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think what is really not capturing people's attention on SD is its lack of star power. Raw has most of the hottest stars in wrestling, Cena, Edge, Orton, HBK, HHH. SD has Batista, Undertaker, and now Ken Kennedy. No storylines? What about Batista/Taker. It has been the best built feud all year (which sadly is going to end). Way better than HBK/Cena. And in the undercard you have the tag division. Deuce and Domino vs. London and Kendrick. These guys all go out and put on great fucking matches. It's kinda funny how people complain about how wrestling doenst have enough action and then complain when they get all action. It could be a lot worse people. It could be TNA's X-division where wrestler x randomly takes on wrestler y. Or it could be ROH which has a lot of the same. How many times do we have to see Edge cut a promo about how he wants the WWE Title. Why does that make Raw better?

xtremebadass

Here are my pro's of SD!

Benoit and MVP: Greatest fued I have seen in awhile

Duece and Domino: Great classic tag team

Matt Hardy: A Raw champion on SD!

Kennedy: The guy has gimmick after gimmick after gimmick, and none of them suck...329 days until WrestleMania I think

Con's of SD!

Gregory Helms, Chavo Guerrero, The Miz, Hornswaggle, (Little Bastard could kick his ass, damn you CW censors!) Batista, and lack of excitement.

the dark knight

just make a damn draft lottery and pick a good heel gm for smackdown! thats all it needs.

Great One

SD needs a well known high caliber name as SD, not Vickie Guerrero, that will make it suck even more. I think the best person for the job would be JBL and bring Tazz back to commentary and I think Armstrong? Was set to announce in ECW.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
If Smackdown had JR and King as commentators with the RAW set up and was named RAW-B then I'd watch it.