• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

summer transfer window thread

louissiscool

The Artiste
Ferguson didn't even know he was retiring years ago, lol. Pretty sure there is no interview of Mourinho saying that, but even if there were, I wouldn't believe him. The stuff he says sometimes is laughable.

There was talk of ferguson retiring nearly every year he even said he was going to and changed his mind before lol.
I honestly think mourinho was first choice moyes has won nothing in terms of trophies and on a worldwide scale doesn't really have a huge reputation van persie and rooney are bigger then moyes in that dressing room and rooney has near enough proved that this summer with his possible transfer over shadowing the fact moyes was the new guy and because of it man utd managed to fail to buy anyone if the had brought in mourinho alot of players would of took notice and been like i want to go there as that seems like a win win situation rather then the best manger ever in football has just retired and someone who has won nothing has just stepped in.

Crayo

The Boss
He threatened to years and years ago yes. He even said he was going to at the end of the season and didn't, but since then there has inevitably been talk and he rejected it every single year. Dude, Mournho wasn't first choice. You don't - or United don't - employ a manager based of past success. Mourinho may win trophies but there are plenty of negatives with his management style, for example: negative media due to his egotistical ways, a style of football that most fans don't enjoy, he isn't for long term (by that I mean he'll leave after three or so years), and relies on plenty of investment. He also doesn't promote from the youth system often at all. Mourinho most certainly wasn't first choice.

I can see someone arguing that Pep Guardiola may have been our initial first choice due to him and Fergusno meeting many times in New York, but other than that Moyes was always the guy. Ferguson sees him as a younger him basically, and he fits the bill on paper. He is reliable in terms of longevity in a job. He is a consistent performing manager in the premier league. He isn't silly and won't get negative press. A figure the players will respect.

Manchester United have a different way of doing things bro. Mourinho is possibly the greatest short-term fix in the world, but he isn't a long-term fix like Sir Alex. United see Moyes as the long term replacement, but I'm sceptical he can be that to be honest. I can understand why they think that, but I think Klopp was the guy we should have targeted.

Cloud

Champion
He threatened to years and years ago yes. He even said he was going to at the end of the season and didn't, but since then there has inevitably been talk and he rejected it every single year. Dude, Mournho wasn't first choice. You don't - or United don't - employ a manager based of past success. Mourinho may win trophies but there are plenty of negatives with his management style, for example: negative media due to his egotistical ways, a style of football that most fans don't enjoy, he isn't for long term (by that I mean he'll leave after three or so years), and relies on plenty of investment. He also doesn't promote from the youth system often at all. Mourinho most certainly wasn't first choice.

I can see someone arguing that Pep Guardiola may have been our initial first choice due to him and Fergusno meeting many times in New York, but other than that Moyes was always the guy. Ferguson sees him as a younger him basically, and he fits the bill on paper. He is reliable in terms of longevity in a job. He is a consistent performing manager in the premier league. He isn't silly and won't get negative press. A figure the players will respect.

Manchester United have a different way of doing things bro. Mourinho is possibly the greatest short-term fix in the world, but he isn't a long-term fix like Sir Alex. United see Moyes as the long term replacement, but I'm sceptical he can be that to be honest. I can understand why they think that, but I think Klopp was the guy we should have targeted.
Look how when Fergie first joined from Aberdeen he needed time to settle and make the team his. Im sure Moyes is the same, may mean a winless season but in time he can dominate.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Look how when Fergie first joined from Aberdeen he needed time to settle and make the team his. Im sure Moyes is the same, may mean a winless season but in time he can dominate.

When Fergie first came he had a shitty team to work with, he lifted them up.
Not the same situation with Moyes, Moyes is getting a team that were the BPL champions last season, and lost unfairly to Madrid in the champions league quarter finals.

Still have faith in moyes though.
Cleverly is too overrated though, kagawa should be playing in his position.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned

When Fergie first came he had a shitty team to work with, he lifted them up.
Not the same situation with Moyes, Moyes is getting a team that were the BPL champions last season, and lost unfairly to Madrid in the champions league quarter finals.

Still have faith in moyes though.
Cleverly is too overrated though, kagawa should be playing in his position.