Sting to WWE rumors starting again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE uses this for WCW dvds, know this all too well from the Best of Nitro 1 & 2. So the possibility of this is pretty good.

Would be funny if they used the old Bart Simson haircut having Sting music...."The Man Called Sting".

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
1529704_669373019749624_37944526_o.jpg

Old school WCW quote. I wouldn't mind Sting vs. Taker being at 31 though and sting getting a match vs a guy like Orton.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- PWInsider has confirmed reports that negotiations are ongoing between Sting and WWE. Word is that a decision must be made within the next 2 weeks on whether or not Sting is going to join the company.

Several factors are being worked out right now including scheduling and what Sting is and isn't willing to do creatively. This does not mean Sting is definitely coming to WWE and he could very well work another year with TNA but the impression has been given that Sting realizes if he's going to have a run with WWE, this is the time.

The impression was also given, within WWE, that there will not be a match against The Undertaker, at least at this year's WrestleMania event. However, the idea of Sting debuting at WrestleMania XXX with some kind of cameo or vignette has been discussed.

There's also a feeling that Sting is the face of WCW and with WWE promoting a lot of WCW content on the Network, he could be an asset there. Sting is considered a fresh, unique face when they are used to using people like Ric Flair and Diamond Dallas Page to promote their WCW projects.

While it was believed on Monday that no deal had been signed yet, RF Video's Rob Feinstein noted on Facebook this morning that he heard Sting signed a deal with WWE in the last 24 hours, for what it's worth.

I'd say this week is the telling point as TNA is doing a mass taping. I also am in the boat of give sting a 30 match and let Taker retire him in Cali for 31

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Super Luchas is now saying he's signed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Will believe it when WWE announces it.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Unless Lesnar has Taker... Could always give Sting/Taker, who knows; that might of been part of the negotiation...

Sure, it might be the worse match Taker's had in years but it'll be Sting's best in over a decade (can't remember one good Sting match off the top of my head in TNA)...

Won't believe anything till I see it though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Vs JJ at bound for glory is it really. Guy wasn't working a hard 20 minute match in 97. Hell he wasn't even that great of shape where he had a whole year to be ready for starcade, so I'm not as super high on him vs Taker as most, but I would be down for a run that goes from wm30-wm31 and him helping narrate the MN War show from wcws side with Nash, Flair, DDP, and Booker

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not real sure why people are saying Sting/Taker would stink the joint out, pro-wrestling is all about the crowd reactions and when you have two established guys who know how to work an audience, the crowd will eat it up. You could have Ziggler and Sandow with gimmicks and a million overbumps, but if the guys are cold and noone cares, it doesn't matter.

Taker/Sting in WCW country could just tell a simple story based on their most over moves, tons of false finishes and you have another show stealer.....Basically what Taker has been doing since Edge.

But I guess since they're old, it means they suck according to IWC logic.

Reactions: EffectsofRaven

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not real sure why people are saying Sting/Taker would stink the joint out, pro-wrestling is all about the crowd reactions and when you have two established guys who know how to work an audience, the crowd will eat it up. You could have Ziggler and Sandow with gimmicks and a million overbumps, but if the guys are cold and noone cares, it doesn't matter.

Taker/Sting in WCW country could just tell a simple story based on their most over moves, tons of false finishes and you have another show stealer.....Basically what Taker has been doing since Edge.

But I guess since they're old, it means they suck according to IWC logic.

You make a good point, and I for one am in favour of seeing Sting in a WWE ring just once and would love it to be against Taker. If it was booked right it could be good.

But not many people are saying Taker sucks, but Sting has for awhile. Haven't seen those crowd working skills the past few years in TNA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Unmotivated performances is what TNA gives to guys who are actual stars.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I wasn't saying it would stink the joint out, it'll probably have the best psychology of the evening and with a ton of false finishes it'd be great but would it be the most visually appealing match out there? Probably no? Would it be the fast? Hell no, but the crowd lapping it up would be awesome as hell.

Dare I say Sting (whose been sloppy) might be the safest guy to go against Taker, focus more on big moments, nothing too technical, simple and straight forward from both guys and you'll be sorted.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Unmotivated performances is what TNA gives to guys who are actual stars.

Don't agree as Sting's been phoning it in since about 99.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't agree as Sting's been phoning it in since about 99.
His matches with DDP in 00 and the last Nitro say bullshit to that.

Not to mention a few matches with Angle, Foley and a King of The Mountain match where he went above and beyond what he should've.

Sting would be on the biggest platform he has ever been on, and I doubt he wouldn't do anything short of killing himself to make that first and perhaps only Mania a memorable one.