Sting to WWE rumors starting again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's that time of year again.

I get all the backlash, and people should really start blowing up these newz sites Twitter accounts voicing their displeasure at these lazy speculations.

If Sting was to actually appear on a WWE show, I'd be like "hmmm, they finally got him.....that's cool I guess". I wouldn't mark out, because I've been teased this for the past 3 years

Personally I just want a career retrospective on him, telling us stories and share his thoughts on his early career and WCW. With actual footage, because WWE would be the only place where he could tell his story without PWI stock photos. Maybe a Flair/Sting greatest Rivalries and things of that nature. A match? Nah.

Reactions: Ben

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

I get all the backlash, and people should really start blowing up these newz sites Twitter accounts voicing their displeasure at these lazy speculations.

If Sting was to actually appear on a WWE show, I'd be like "hmmm, they finally got him.....that's cool I guess". I wouldn't mark out, because I've been teased this for the past 3 years

Personally I just want a career retrospective on him, telling us stories and share his thoughts on his early career and WCW. With actual footage, because WWE would be the only place where he could tell his story without PWI stock photos. Maybe a Flair/Sting greatest Rivalries and things of that nature. A match? Nah.
i'm agree with this word for word.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

This is pretty much what I wanted to say.

At this point, the match would be utter garbage. Both guys have proven they cannot go in the ring any more. They had their time.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This is pretty much what I wanted to say.

At this point, the match would be utter garbage. Both guys have proven they cannot go in the ring any more. They had their time.

When did 'Taker prove this? :hm:

Reactions: Cwalker

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Let's be honest, he hasn't looks very good in the ring for a while now.

What matches are you watching? He looked good against The Shield, looked amazing against Punk. Had two phenomenal matches against HHH at 'Mania.

Reactions: Tapout

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
What matches are you watching? He looked good against The Shield, looked amazing against Punk. Had two phenomenal matches against HHH at 'Mania.
All of whom were in much better shape than he was. I loved that he was back, I didn't hate the matches, I just didn't think they were great.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
- WWE officials have reportedly believed for months that Sting was coming in this year and it's been talked about even more like it's going to happen recently.

F4WOnline said:
- While a contract itself hasn't been signed yet, talks between Sting and WWE are so far that they are discussing concepts for him using the name "A Man Called Sting."
Now I never watched WCW so I dunno if that (I can't think of the right name here) nickname? goes back to then or if it's something the WWE has come up with I don't see it as being necessary if this report is true. Pretty intrigued for the next months now because a bunch of the big matches seem up in the air at the moment other than Batista/Orton which seems like a lock.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Ready to Rumble. That phrase was used in the movie. He had a different theme in it too much like DDP.

The whole Icon stick was trumpeted by TNA not WCW.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's what Buffer used to say when he introduced him.

Rather go with the old Gary Michael Gapetta "This is STIIIING!!!"

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Would rather have Mike Adamle call him Stang or the scorpion.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I believe if they got him inked they debut him by hyping a Taker return. Let Taker return and then at 11:04 have sting appear. At 11:05 you launch your network on 2/24 live for the first post raw show with them staring at one another in what's usually the old over run that they used to bring Rock or Brock back in.

Reactions: Chris Dresdon

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First downside that comes to mind is the current commentary team can't properly sell how big of a deal that would be. Not only because they can't capture emotion, but because if they didn't close a show with it, the next match would have the plug, "Look what the number one trending topic is, #AManCalledSting"

Even with that in mind, I want to see it, and with Jake, Flair, Warrior, and Hogan working for them again, why not one more awesome moment you NEVER thought you'd see?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler