Stand up for WWE!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
[yt]lz_fm3pYITs[/yt]

View attachment 947

SO what does everyone think? A Cheap Ploy to gain viewers back? A way for the media to get a better idea or image of the WWE. Is this to help Linda in her race?

Personally i thought it was bullshit from the start. The WWE was LATE with jumping on media technology, such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and others. Now they want everyone to tell everyone how great the WWE is. The problem is most of the IWC has a lot of beef with certain things the WWE does at the moment. Now i understand you want to improve you imagine, however i think he is going about this the wrong by, but telling people to send videos of WWE to friends, and join their FB page.

So i guess i agree the IWC should stand up for Biased reporting, however asking to help promote the product is lame. (Worse than TNA asking it's fans to DVR it's show)

...god...

Reaction score
Who cares, why does Vince give so much shit about this, just another of the many sabotages of WWE reputation, anyways: a) He's almost dead. b) His wife is worthless, so again, who the fuck cares about her and shitty politics?

Work on fixing your shitty product, asshole.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I am kind of split on this. Much like you, I do think that it's just a cheap attempt to either gain more viewers of to improve the image of the company that has taken quite a few hits in the last few years. But to be fair, some of that isn't so much on the WWE as it is professional wrestling in general... Which may be one of the reasons that the atmosphere of WWE live events has changed so much in the last 2 years or so.

But, I also feel that 'biased reporting' isn't fair either. So in that respect I do understand what the WWE is trying to do... I ultimately however feel this may just be a way to help Linda's campaign.

nation

Reaction score
Vince can fuck off. Fuck you for turning the WWE into this PG piece of shit it is now. Funny how he lost millions of viewers and millions upon millions of dollars for leaving the attitude era and turning it into this shit. This is just to help Linda out as she goes further into battling for a senate spot. Linda can fuck off. If it wasn't for her political endeavors, shit wouldn't be as fucking terrible as it is right now. Fuck her and fuck Vince.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Vince is a fucking god, fuck the haters. Sure, his product right now is shit, but people can't just go and blame him. He probably thinks most of it is fucking garbage as well but what do you expect him to do? Fire everyone? Sounds easy but it will probably cost him more time and money to do that. His writers need to get a goddamn GOOD imagination and write good storylines. The focus needs to be taken off the same fucking guys week after week.

Wrestling tried to go back to the good old days with the PG rating but the difference is, the good old days didn't have so many smurf wrestlers and such minimum storylines. The roster seems to consist of the same 10 people yet there are a ton of wrestlers on it.

Get rid of the gay brand split for fuck sakes. That's my #1 beef.

Reaction score
Have you seen the Vince "puke" segment from Beyond the Mat? I don't know, it seems that for every good idea Vince has or okays, he okays three times as many that just don't work or end up being hokey even on paper. And of course no one is going to tell the man that signs their checks that it's a bad idea, especially if it's directly from him. He gets the most piss and vinegar from the IWC because he's the final decision maker regarding whether an angle stays or goes. It's ultimately his product - he gets the blame when it fails to impress.

Reaction score
I don't think we see John Cena enough, i wish we could liquidise him so we could inject him into our bloodstreams. [/scarcasm]

One of my main problems with The E nowadays is that John Cena is over-fucking-exposed, it's obvious what is going to happen with the Cena in Nexus angle so everyone just sing along: He starts to turn the members of Nexus against eachother up until the point that Cena and Barret have one more match to decide the fate of Nexus.

Nexus interferes in favour of Cena and Nexus comes to an end, Cena then goes into an angle with Orton for ANOTHER WWE Championship Reign....

:smh

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Wrestling tried to go back to the good old days with the PG rating but the difference is, the good old days didn't have so many smurf wrestlers and such minimum storylines. The roster seems to consist of the same 10 people yet there are a ton of wrestlers on it.

I feel that the main issue is with this PG rating and the PG rating of before is how much the WWE has changed since then. Back in the 80s and 90s you only had 4 (6 once In Your House and King of the Ring were created) PPVs per year so you had more time to build the PPVs and the feuds leading into them. Now the WWE is in quantity over quality mode with the PPVs and have them being churned out every 2-3 weeks. That's hardly enough time to really get a good feud built properly. Many feuds are one, maybe two PPV match affairs, and with the rare exceptions like Punk/Rey and Kane/Taker (to an extent) they get overly drawn out and stale.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^IYH actually was the dawn of the monthly PPV in the WWF/E.

Also notable in addition to your comments is that the WWF champ and the world title were not weekly features of old skool WWF TV.... And you certainly wouldn't see Hogan (or whoever the champ was) wrestling on TV outside of SNME & PPV.

Mind you it wasn't a ratings game back then like it is today. The key revenue back then was house shows, PPV and (to a lesser extent than it is today) merch. Today it's the sale of advertising & merch.

It's the reliance on that advertising revenue and the need to nurture a new younger audience that is just as much, if not more, to blame for PG that Linda's olitical aspirations.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I thought initally that they only did IYH a few times a year? Then in 1997 or so was when the monthy PPVs started? Correct me if I am wrong, I was like 6 in those days so my memory is very sketchy.

Veritas

Reaction score
^^ In Your House started as a show every few months between the big events but yeah, you're right, around '97 they started into the monthly shows.

As for the Stand Up for WWE campaign - it's a joke. When's the last time WWE has stood up for it's fans? We react to and purchase the merchandise of countless midcarders who are on the cusp of breaking out then, because Vince decides they're not main event material, the rug is pulled out from under us and guys who were getting over become enhancement talent for the next handpicked star. A guy like MVP was really over just a few years ago and now, because of WWE's start and stop pushes, all his momentum is gone.

Vince wants to throw a fit because WWE merch has been banned from polling areas. He claims it violates the first amendment right. OK, well what about all those signs WWE confiscates from it's audience, doesn't that violate that same first amendment?

PPV buys are declining and, instead of realizing it's because of problems with the current product and working to improve that, they add 2 more shows to the schedule and up the price by $5.

Stand Up for WWE? Stand up for yourselves.

Reaction score
^^^^ No, you're way off base with that comparison. WWE has the right to confiscate those signs, it's their private business, they can run it how they see fit, just like ANY business has the right to refuse service to anyone. But what the Connecticut government is doing is straight unconstitutional. It's not a private business, ran by private owners, it's a freaking democracy that is run by the people for the people, it's our given right to vote, it's not our given right to go to wrestling shows.

Veritas

Reaction score
But the Connecticut Government never said "WWE fans can't vote," they just said they couldn't vote wearing WWE merchandise. It's not like the government dictating proper attire at government events is unheard of. I mean, they tell you what you can and cannot wear to court, correct? It's in the same vein.

WWE may have the right to run their business in any way they choose but, in my opinion, that doesn't mean they're not violating the free speech of their paying customers by confiscating signs. Vince shouldn't be crying 5th amendment when he's violated it on his fans just the same.

And the only other argument I have is that the WWE is not the McMahon's "private company" - it's a publicly traded entity. What might happen one day if one of those confiscated signs happens to belong to the child of one of WWE's investors?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a WWE fan. I just don't think Vince is right on this issue.

Reaction score
Like Enzo said, the constitution is to protect you from the government, not private citizens or businesses.

I hope she loses because it would be nice to see that you can't just spend 50 million dollars and get a seat in congress. The money spent on her campaign, on most campaigns in this country really but hers especially, is just so astronomical it is ludicrous.