Stand up for WWE!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
To be fair, people who wear WWE merchandise, or wrestling merch in general, out in public shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway. They deserve to be shunned, scorned and stoned by society. They should also be sterilized.

Reaction score
But the Connecticut Government never said "WWE fans can't vote," they just said they couldn't vote wearing WWE merchandise. It's not like the government dictating proper attire at government events is unheard of. I mean, they tell you what you can and cannot wear to court, correct? It's in the same vein.

Nope. See: Flynt, Larry.

Veritas

Reaction score
Nope. See: Flynt, Larry.

I know of Flynt but I also know there are signs posted throughout my local courthouse, magistrates office, lawyer offices, etc explaining in detail that any person in the County Courthouse during court proceedings - be they plantiffs, defendants, lawyers, reporters, or simply spectators - wearing clothes like belly shirts, short shorts, spaghetti strap shirts, thong sandals, etc will be held in contempt of court and subject to a fine and/or imprisonment. At least in my neck of the words, the government does have the right to dictate clothing and appearence to a degree in certain situations and they exercise it.

Reaction score
Sounds pretty unconstitutional to me. I've been to court at least a dozen times in San Antonio and there was no such postings. And I've seen some straight skanks and hoodrats dressed in full regalia there.

Axis

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to wear any political shirts to the voting booth, mostly political party of candidate attire. That's where this is coming from.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I thought initally that they only did IYH a few times a year? Then in 1997 or so was when the monthy PPVs started? Correct me if I am wrong, I was like 6 in those days so my memory is very sketchy.

Veritas said:
^^ In Your House started as a show every few months between the big events but yeah, you're right, around '97 they started into the monthly shows.

Nope. You're both wrong.

IYH DID kick off the era of monthly WWE PPVS. The first one being after WM11.

WM 11
IYH 1
KOTR 95
IYH 2
Summerslam 95
IYH 3
IYH 4
Survivor Series 95
IYH 5

...and so on. (Not that I needed to refer to wicki, but read for yourself..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Your_House )

Reaction score
I remember the very first In Your House, they quite literally gave away a house. And I didn't have to refer to wiki either, it was Todd Pettengill and his equally annoying female cohort whose name I can't remember giving it away in a sweepstakes and I think the main event was Diesel vs Sid or Diesel/Bam Bam vs. Sid/Tantanka, either one and the other headlined KotR or the second IYH then Diesel had a very terrible lumberjack match with Sid where Mabel squashed Nash setting up that epic feud. Man, 1995 sucked...

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I do remember them giving away a fucking house at the first IYH PPV.... I think Diesel/Bam Bam VS Sid/Tatanka was the main event of the first one and the Lumberjack match was the main event of the second but not sure.

I wasn't sure if it was initally a monthy PPV or if it evolved into that being that I was like 5 years old at the time, thanks for clearing that up lol

Airfixx

Reaction score
I remember the very first In Your House, they quite literally gave away a house. And I didn't have to refer to wiki either, it was Todd Pettengill and his equally annoying female cohort whose name I can't remember giving it away in a sweepstakes and I think the main event was Diesel vs Sid or Diesel/Bam Bam vs. Sid/Tantanka, either one and the other headlined KotR or the second IYH then Diesel had a very terrible lumberjack match with Sid where Mabel squashed Nash setting up that epic feud. Man, 1995 sucked...

LOL.... Yeah, 95 was hard work.... Gutted cos being a huge fan of Bam Bam & Dibiase I had high hopes for the Million Dollar Corp

IYH1 Diesel v Sid
IYH2 Diesel v Sid (Lumberjack)
KOTR95 Diesle & Bam Bam vs Sid & Tatanka