*Spoilers* Suicide Imposter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
So recently on TNA, somebody jumped the real Suicide and took his costume. They then proceeded to get a victory over Chris Sabin and Kenny King to win the X Division title.... But I'll tell you what, when I seen that it was Austin Aries (Which I already assumed it would be him due to him being short lol) I marked out. I have only been watching TNA for about a month now, and it is exciting to see Austin Aries cheat Suicide and take the title. Because now I can witness a match between him and Bully Ray. Regardless of the outcome, I am sure it will be a good match.

What do you guys think?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
They've already had a match together and it was pretty good, so yeah i can say i'm looking forward to it. As for Suicide now that they have showed his face, i'm guessing the gimmick is now dead. Well for now it is maybe in 4 year's they'll bring him back as say he's a different guy.

Seeing how your new.

[video=youtube;dWk757x5fLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWk757x5fLs[/video]

Oh shit they added the dejay11chris tweet :mark:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sign that they have run out of ideas for the character and need to dump it.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I guess, and Yeezus is right, the Suicide gimmick is dead now. That's too bad, because my little cousins love him lol.

Miss D

Reaction score
they could had built on this for few more weeks tying to figure out who it is

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I don't see the point of him still wearing the suit anymore since everyone knows who he is now

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They've already had a match together and it was pretty good, so yeah i can say i'm looking forward to it. As for Suicide now that they have showed his face, i'm guessing the gimmick is now dead. Well for now it is maybe in 4 year's they'll bring him back as say he's a different guy.

Seeing how your new.

[video=youtube;dWk757x5fLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWk757x5fLs[/video]

Oh shit they added the dejay11chris tweet :mark:

Damn right they added my tweet mother fucker :COOL:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't see the point of him still wearing the suit anymore since everyone knows who he is now

Surely they will retire the gimmick for now. Maybe when they release a new video game they can drag him back out and run a storyline where people are trying to guess who is under the mask.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Then they did a stretcher job, now hopefully the gimmick is DEAD! 8D Or he'll just come out next week with a new name.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He came out in the mask last night, under a new ring name. Manik.

:fp: So they unmask him the week before and then use him under a mask again the next week but with a different name. What a stupid booking move. Why would you put someone under a mask again when they were unmasked literally a week before? Should just use TJ Perkins under the Puma name that he used before in TNA.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
:fp: So they unmask him the week before and then use him under a mask again the next week but with a different name. What a stupid booking move. Why would you put someone under a mask again when they were unmasked literally a week before? Should just use TJ Perkins under the Puma name that he used before in TNA.

The whole storyline was a complete clusterfuck. They could have dragged out the whole "who is the fake suicide" for a few tapings, and should have got rid of the mask entirely. The only reason I can expect that TNA would put him back under the mask, and give him a more family friendly name like Manik(the old Justice League cartons couldn't use the word suicide for a popular team called the Suicide Squad) is because they want to try what WWE has been successful in with Rey. So they need the kiddies to want the mask, and the parents to not be offended by the wrestlers name.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The whole storyline was a complete clusterfuck. They could have dragged out the whole "who is the fake suicide" for a few tapings, and should have got rid of the mask entirely. The only reason I can expect that TNA would put him back under the mask, and give him a more family friendly name like Manik(the old Justice League cartons couldn't use the word suicide for a popular team called the Suicide Squad) is because they want to try what WWE has been successful in with Rey. So they need the kiddies to want the mask, and the parents to not be offended by the wrestlers name.

I agree that the whole storyline was a mess. The fact that Aries stole the gimmick, won the title and then dropped it the next week was incredibly stupid as well. It has done nothing for the title or for the character of Suicide. After TJ Perkins was exposed as the one originally under the mask there is no way he should have been masked again. They had a simple feud right there for Perkins to go after Aries for stealing his gimmick and title shot, should have been easy to write but instead he is destroyed again.

They need to try for a completely new masked character, retire this one as it doesn't work. Sign a lucha from the indy scene that can speak English, give him a mask and then push him like crazy in the X-Division as a face. Should be an easy sell.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The best thing that came from it is Sabin/Aries after Manik was taken out of the match, but they even screwed that up by having MEM & A&8's around ringside, the announcers caring more about the stables, and the cameramen constantly showing the stables atleast once every 30 seconds during the match.

It may have also set the seeds for Sabin to be the final member of MEM, as I feel with Sting, Angle, Joe, & Magnus, that they do need an X guy.

The Lucha idea, may work well on paper, but they need to find someone who is talented, fast paced, and high energy, that can also speak English. Not saying it needs to be an actual Mexican, as Delirious & El Generico have shown, but I do think they should get a new masked wrestler instead of trying to rebrand a videogame character.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I will have to watch that mainevent match just to see what happened and to check out Aries/Sabin, from all reports it was fantastic.

With the masked guy they should just poach someone from LLUSA and just give them a new mask so that they own all rights to it. Surely they can identify a decent worker out of that roster and most of them would be cheap as well as they aren't big names.

I hope that they actually have something for TJ Perkins going forward but I have a bad feeling that his contract may be up very soon and was only brought in for this short angle.