• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Spoiler Video Of Kurt Angle's Mistress

Who do you think the sleeper team of the year is going to be?
Celtics

Who do you think is going to step up this year and play at the top level (player)??
Thats tough to call but im going to say Garnett. new team, new touch.. we'll see

Who is going to be the all-star game surprise??
hmm its to early to tell btu ill say NOAH

Who is going to be the ROTY?? the #1 pick :p

phantomgerald

The sleepers shouldn't be Celtics because everyone is expecting them to be up there, so they can no longer be considered sleepers. I'll say the Orlando Magic are sleepers, especially with Rashard Lewis.

Top player would probably be Dwayne Wade. He had an injury and he would want to prove he still has it.

Suprise All-star I would say Kirk Hindrich. He deserves one for his unselfish play that always go unnoticed.

ROTY I say Kevin Durant. He seems more NBA ready than Greg Oden

Ace of Spades

Who do you think the sleeper team of the year is going to be?
Raptors, most definitely.

Who do you think is going to step up this year and play at the top level (player)??
As of right now, I'm going to say Kevin Garnett. I think he's going to be rejuvenated by playing on a team that has two other all-stars with him. I do think if the Lakers can get Jermaine O'Neil or Ron Artest, Kobe is going to be in a world full of happiness and step up his game even more (if that's even possible).

There's a couple of choices I can go with... but I'm going to say it'll be between Kevin Durant and Luol Deng.

Who is going to be the ROTY?? Kevin Durant, no doubt in my mind.

Who do you think the sleeper team of the year is going to be
Celtics or the Raptors

KG!!

Hmm... Maybe Anthony Parker?

Who is going to be the ROTY??
Kevin Durant,

phantomgerald

Team USA looks good so far. Getting the place in the Olympics. Dream team back?

Soulpower

Nah! Team USA isn't back until they win gold in the Olympics. Argentina lost by about 15 to the US and they're missing a lot of good players (Nocioni,Ginobili,Oberto,Hermann among others) so when they're all playing, they can probably beat the US. But its safe to say that this Team USA is better than what they've had for the past 3 or 4 years.

Soulpower

Blazers fans may have to wait a little longer to see Greg Oden in action.

According to a release on the team's web site, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft is likely to miss the 2007-08 season after exploratory arthroscopic surgery revealed cartilage damage to the Ohio State star's right knee.

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a micro fracture surgery today," said team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who performed the surgery. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with micro fracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage. There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from micro fracture surgery."

According to the release, Oden is expected to be on crutches for up to eight weeks. Recovery for micro fracture surgery generally takes between six and 12 months for full recovery.

OUCH!!!

Defiant One

Wow, that sucks for Oden and Blazer fans everywhere. Although it is better to correct this now as opposed to having constant nagging injuries.

phantomgerald

I think they're probably thinking that they should have taken Durant now. That said, this season is a learning season for Portland, so no big loss.

circle

Portland...I'm not so sure about this year, but I would def not rate Oden the next Sam Bowie. They still look decent, but even if they tank they can get a high draft pick and go after a PG or OJ Mayo. They did get Channing Frye who will fill in nicely, but the Blazers can always trade him and Dmiles later on if things get grim.

What about Krilenko? I mean he wants out of Utah and will walk away from the remaining 63 mil on his contract, but my money says he reports, but where do you think he should go?

phantomgerald

If Richard Jefferson leaves, then I can see Kirilenko possibly going to New Jersey to fill that void. And if he stays injury-free, with Kidd passing the ball, his numbers will definately shoot up.

Another alternative would be to the GS warriors, who don't look like they're rebuilding but also not have the required quality to make the playoffs. If they get Kirilenko, he'll be the number 2 option and help a defense that needs improvement.