• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

*SPOILER* News on Cody Rhodes WWE Status

Schmidty

Word going around at RAW Monday night was that Cody Rhodes is taking a few weeks off to get married and go on his honeymoon.

Cody is getting married to former WWE Diva Brandi Reed (Eden Stiles). He will be brought back to the storylines in a few weeks.

Read more: Backstage News On Cody Rhodes' WWE Status Following Raw | PWMania

I am actually hoping that Cody becomes a rebel in this WWE storyline like Bryan. Maybe make a team of Cody Rhodes, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, and Daniel Bryan for Survivor Series.

But if this is true, it would be cool to see him back in the storyline and how they will use him.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Not sure what you mean by IF? They very much telegraphed he was leaving for a honeymoon. It's almost like they were afraid people would believe they were actually firing him. Glad it happened really cause their seemed to be no end to Cody Sandow.

I agree they need to put Cody in that Survivor Series fold. They really need to make this a classic 5 on 5 match with big show up in the air or changing sides in the match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Gonna be interesting to see how they work around the firing they just did on TV.

Like I mentioned in the RAW thread, if he brings THAT Cody Rhodes to TV when returning then i'll be ready to back the guy as he was fantastic this past RAW.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Gonna be interesting to see how they work around the firing they just did on TV.

Like I mentioned in the RAW thread, if he brings THAT Cody Rhodes to TV when returning then i'll be ready to back the guy as he was fantastic this past RAW.

fdoX6VS.gif

That promo at the exist was gold as was his match really. I don't know what lit that fire under his ass but I hope he can maintain.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
I think it was finally getting that opportunity to show the world what he can do and not wanting to let HHH and Orton down.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
To be fair to Cody (and I've never been high on the guy, thought he was a solid mid-carder but nothing more), he's been FUCKING AMAZING this whole month, ever since the face turn at MITB, and even a few matches before that

Schmidty

Not sure what you mean by IF? They very much telegraphed he was leaving for a honeymoon. It's almost like they were afraid people would believe they were actually firing him. Glad it happened really cause their seemed to be no end to Cody Sandow.

I agree they need to put Cody in that Survivor Series fold. They really need to make this a classic 5 on 5 match with big show up in the air or changing sides in the match.

I meant IF he does return in a few weeks to the storyline.

punk13

Cody stole the show last night. Cody's promo last night was the beginning of a big push hopefully he will be back bigger than ever

shutupchico

kind've messed up that he finally gets over huge for the first time in his career last night, and now he's gone.