*SPOILER* News on Cody Rhodes WWE Status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They can wait to they get a show in the south where Dusty was famous and have him do a run in thru the crowd, only to be arrested. Make it kinda similar to Matt's return vs Edge

AF.

Reaction score
Tuned in to RAW right when he had that interview with Josh Matthews and I was VERY impressed. The guy was convincing and genuinely looked disappointed he had been fired. His acting was way above Big Show's later on that night.

I've never been able to get behind Rhodes but as a rebel in this storyline, possibly alongside Bryan, he looks promising.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
He was the only one that had the balls to confront hhh and Orton.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Wouldn't take it that far.

I predict Jerich, Taker or Cena for that spot. Or some other unannounced returning star (insert rumor mill usuals here)

TAKER!?!?!?

SADGLAJHGASJDGH STOP TROLLING THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Taker winning the Rumble would be stupid because:

a.) He'd have to win a belt he would never defend.
b.) He'd have to lose so he can't win a belt he would never defend.
c.) It takes a deserved push away from a young up-and-comer or younger vet with years left who could defend a belt they may possibly win.

Jericho isn't winning the Rumble, ever a-GAIN!

John Cena is the only name you mentioned that makes any sense.

But this thread is about Cody, who I did predict to return at the Rumble and win/come close to winning... but a Survivor Series return makes a bit of sense as well. Regardless, Cody has to be pushed hard upon return. Ever since MITB, the crowd has been hot behind the guy and the guy has been performing extremely well in the ring.

kind've messed up that he finally gets over huge for the first time in his career last night, and now he's gone.

Go watch Money In The Bank again........... you're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
TAKER!?!?!?

SADGLAJHGASJDGH STOP TROLLING THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Taker winning the Rumble would be stupid because:

a.) He'd have to win a belt he would never defend.
b.) He'd have to lose so he can't win a belt he would never defend.
c.) It takes a deserved push away from a young up-and-comer or younger vet with years left who could defend a belt they may possibly win.

Jericho isn't winning the Rumble, ever a-GAIN!

John Cena is the only name you mentioned that makes any sense.

But this thread is about Cody, who I did predict to return at the Rumble and win/come close to winning... but a Survivor Series return makes a bit of sense as well. Regardless, Cody has to be pushed hard upon return. Ever since MITB, the crowd has been hot behind the guy and the guy has been performing extremely well in the ring.

Go watch Money In The Bank again........... you're welcome.

Jericho has made the last 5 or 6 years about winning the rumble from #1 so it'll least be talked about.

Taker it's an easy way to build what is probably going to be his last Mania match and why not make it for a title. Especially if he were to lose. I understand the mast majority don't want that to happen but losing would create a guys career.

A Cody win from this moment in time would still be more of a disappointment than both of the above.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Hopefully all of this is leading to a push for Cody. I've really been a fan of the guy over the past 2-3 years and I think he'd really be able to shine in this main storyline given the chance.

I'm guessing he'll at least be one of the participants on Team Bryan at Survivor Series.