*Spoiler - CM Punk* (Read if you've watched RAW)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
On RAW, We saw CM Punk deliver the Go To Sleep on The Rock and left with a slight heel look on his face. CM Punk has been champion for almost a year (247 days to be exact).

Earlier on the show The Rock wanted a WWE Title shot at Royal Rumble and with CM Punk still being Champion, it's possible and probably safe to say that he'll hold the Championship until the end of the year.

Was CM's action's reminding The Rock who the Champion is or is it really a heel turn?

This is how I could see it being portrayed as the heel turn;

CM Punk next week explains his actions and says he's sick of being overlooked, all year he hasn't main evented a PPV. It's all been about Cena (This could lead to Cena/Punk II at Summerslam for the title)

Do you think CM Punk should go heel or remain face? How would you go about it with a HEEL turn?

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Just keep Punk heel and let him Win untill Rumble . If he stays heel , he doesnt have to win cleanly , can cheat at SummerSlam and stay Champion . It was a very creative decision made by WWE . It clearly shows Vince have faith in him . Future looks very bright for Punk .
Lets hope next week , he does a complete 360 , turns on fans and becomes the baddest and biggest heel we've seen in a long time .

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I personally don't see it as a heel turn, i saw it as Punk thought Rock was trying to take his spotlight again.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
Does someone see this is a bad besides me?

Look at it this way, It was almost about time that Punk was about to get into a storyline against Cena, they turned him heel. As soon the WWE's super baby face Cena comes into picture, Punk has to go heel despite the fact he was doing great as a face and was selling merchandise as well? Kinda shows that WWE thinks of Punk as #2. Kinda shows him his position in the company.

If this was a message to pull out another shoot, then it makes sense and could work well.

If it's a heel turn, it sucks balls IMO.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Such a dumb move, everybody will still cheer him anyway.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I don't see it as a heel turn at all. And even if it is, I think it will only make him that much more over. When Bryan turned heel he got over more. Same for Austin. So I think this is going to make Punk even bigger. Yet again, I don't see it as a heel turn, just that he's sick of the Rock so he decided to stand up against him. Not something that should be booed honestly.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I guess no one was paying attention when Lawler said, "It looks like he turned his back on the WWE Universe." That really comes across as a heel turn to me. Not to mention Cena had him beat twice, which doesn't do him any favors with the fans if he's not turning heel.

I'm sure he'll still probably say something about being fed up with The Rock, but I doubt it will stop there. Cena's moving back into the title scene and clearly WWE wants someone to be a heel, and we should all know by now that will never be Cena so long as he's in his prime.

Sucks for Punk because the whole segment made him look incredibly weak, but heel Punk has made for some great feuds in the past. I'm sure IWC fans will still cheer for the guy, but the common fans probably won't. I really hope WWE doesn't just use this so they can have more FAKE worked shoots by Punk, because those have seriously run their course.

WeWantColt

Reaction score
It was a brilliant move by creative IMO. It can easily just be Punk sending a message to the Rock, and he's still a face, or he did in fact just make a heel turn..it's really debatable. What WWE did is make damn sure you tune in next week to find out. It was a legitimate cliff hanger and it was great television.

Bravo :DDP:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I guess no one was paying attention when Lawler said, "It looks like he turned his back on the WWE Universe." That really comes across as a heel turn to me. Not to mention Cena had him beat twice, which doesn't do him any favors with the fans if he's not turning heel.

I'm sure he'll still probably say something about being fed up with The Rock, but I doubt it will stop there. Cena's moving back into the title scene and clearly WWE wants someone to be a heel, and we should all know by now that will never be Cena so long as he's in his prime.

Sucks for Punk because the whole segment made him look incredibly weak, but heel Punk has made for some great feuds in the past. I'm sure IWC fans will still cheer for the guy, but the common fans probably won't. I really hope WWE doesn't just use this so they can have more FAKE worked shoots by Punk, because those have seriously run their course.

Lawler also said it was the first time anyone ever cashed in the briefcase in advance 8D. But yeah, I did hear that, and that's what made me believe he would at least be a tweener, but more than likely a full on heel. It all depends on how the crowd accepts him.

Reaction score
Punk blindsiding a potential rival in the ring isn't a heel move in itself. But I do believe the WWE's booking of that match was definitely done to get Punk some heel heat.

If the story told in the ring was as simple as Punk saying stay out of my way, or asserting physical dominance, then it's not a heel move. But in the context of the match, you saw Punk doing some things you don't expect of a face, even by today's standards.

His going for a cover, despite outside interference, isn't necessarily a heel move. But I think they sold it as one by having Punk play off like he knows it's wrong, looking like he's struggling with the decision, then doing so anyways. He essentially sat in the corner, saw Show beating on Cena and didn't do anything to shove the giant out of the ring and out of his match.

People point at Austin as completely blurring the lines between face and heel. But he really didn't. He did some heel like things and got over, but it's all about your motivation and attitude.

Austin's character acted out of a sense of manliness. He operated on the principles of believing he was physically superior to his rivals, wasn't going to accept interference or help, and that he never backs down from a challenge. He wasn't at all sneaky about it. If someone tried to run in and help him, if he hit the helpful fella with a stunner, you could buy into the notion that he did so because he felt insulted anyone would think he needs help. If he cheated in a match, he didn't pretend he was justified or try to blame it on someone or something. He basically had the "yes it's what I do" attitude.

Punk came off like a little bitch when he decided that he was going to leave the ring and let Show have at it during his match more than once. He played hurt, but came back looking plenty fresh when he decided to put and end to the Rock's little save. Unlike the Rattlesnake, who would as easily turn on anyone, he slipped out of the ring when things looked tough, then came back when he found a more convenient spot.

It's a deliberate bitch move to make those who really engage the stories told in the ring react negatively to his actions.

If he comes back next week and starts whining about The Rock, about having his spot taken, being tired of being overlooked, he could just as easily get more heat for coming off as a whiny bitch.

Had Punk pulled that move after staying in the ring to try kick Show's ass for interfering yet again in his match, he could have pulled off the face motivation of a guy that feels he didn't need anyone's help or anyone hogging the spotlight. At least he then comes off as honorable and competitive.

Reactions: 2 people

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I honestly don't think it's a heel turn at all. We've seen this kind of thing before. I think Punk was just showing Rock who the champion was, especially given their segment earlier on in the show. Am I the only one kind of expecting Rock and Daniel Bryan to have a small feud considering what went down in that segment?

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Come on Guys . Its a complete heel turn . When Big Show was beating Cena , a typical face , would've saved cena from evil big show but Punk did nothing and left the ring and after the rock came to save cena , he clothlined and GTS'd him for no reason . typical heel move . And at the end , he didn't celebrated , didnt smiled , just stared at the camera and left the ring . Even lawler said " CM Punk has turned him back on WWE Universe" . Couple of weeks ago , CM Punk and even Paul hymen hinted towards something big on twitter and this heel turn is that big thing .

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Punk turned heel, he was onnly sunked in a corner like a bitch while Big Show put the big hurt on Cena, then attacked the biggest name who came to save the day.

Total tweener move right? Puhlease.

Punk overshadowed, yep. Now he gets to go all heel and the internet will say he is the best in the world again.

ROH reunion with KoW, D-Bry and Colt.

Book it.

Won't happen, but book it anyway.

iAMJamari

Reaction score
idc if Punk is heel or not he'll still be a well competitor, but i dont wanna see another storyline about someone being mad at Cena cuz he gets main events we seen to many of them. If it is possible, have CM Punk recall a moment in his wwe career and get revenge on cena, kind of what he did against Randy orton at Wrestlemania saying Orton punted him in the skull and he wanted revenge