*Spoiler - CM Punk* (Read if you've watched RAW)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Chill out.

I only said they pipe in crowd noise on Smackdown, am I wrong?
No you're not wrong, Randy Orton and Sheamus' pops are totally piped in :argh:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
:lol:

No secret that I have never liked and don't enjoy anything Punk does, but I do have an open mind and can admit when I'm wrong.

Punk was most over as an anti-hero (no shit, right?) but even then he only got the same reactions as the other top faces in WWE (hometown aside, so don't post a million videos of MITB 2011). The guy was over when he was a heel, yes, but it was nothing to crow about, Del Rio is over as a heel, so is Hunico, and I'd put him on a par with those guys. He was hardly getting Vickie heat, and this was against their hottest babyface at the time.

I've lost track of what the point of this mini debate thing is, so I'll end it.

tl;dr version - Yeah Punk is over, big fucking deal. Who isn't? Guy is trash and kills the ratings week after week.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
SES was only over by the people who were claiming he was becoming boring a few weeks ago.

Punk is over with the wrestling audience, but to the other 65% of people who watch WWE he is just another guy.

Not like it's a terrible thing, a certain person called HBK isn't a household name outside of the wrestling fanbase but he seem to be well off.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol:

No secret that I have never liked and don't enjoy anything Punk does, but I do have an open mind and can admit when I'm wrong.

Punk was most over as an anti-hero (no shit, right?) but even then he only got the same reactions as the other top faces in WWE (hometown aside, so don't post a million videos of MITB 2011). The guy was over when he was a heel, yes, but it was nothing to crow about, Del Rio is over as a heel, so is Hunico, and I'd put him on a par with those guys. He was hardly getting Vickie heat, and this was against their hottest babyface at the time.

I've lost track of what the point of this mini debate thing is, so I'll end it.

tl;dr version - Yeah Punk is over, big fucking deal. Who isn't? Guy is trash and kills the ratings week after week.
Uh there is a lot of guys who aren't as over as Punk and some guys who can't get crickets and is very vital in guys getting pushed or not pushed so being over is kind of a big deal and much much bigger deal than a quarter rating breakdown.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If Punk keeps killing the ratings then you won't be hearing any cheering or booing period because Raw will get cancelled.

It's like we've gone back in time to 2001, just replace WCW with WWE and Jeff Jarrett with Punk.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I know you don't like Punk but now you're attempting to troll or just being ignorant. It isn't the 90's they aren't going out of business cause of ratings for one unless it starts getting TNA level ratings. The ratings are fine anyways as all they do is just maintain their audience for the most part. Cena is the biggest draw in pro wrestling yet it's not like he impacts the whole shows rating above the up or down norm and if they really meant that much in today's WWE and Punk was this big ratings killer he wouldn't be on the verge of passing Cena's title reign and would have dropped the belt long ago which is why ratings are completely irrelevant to me.

If you don't like Punk or Bryan or whoever that's cool I'm not here trying to force that on you but don't try and use bullshit like ratings to try and back up your dislike for them.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
RAW airs a couple days late here, so I can't comment on the new episode, but going by Punk's WrestleMania reaction alone which I watched a couple weeks ago, it's obvious...they "get" him. It's nice because I was initially dubious when he debuted ages ago. Just my opinion, but I think he's definitely the real deal.

Cult of Personality > This Fire Burns

Last edited:

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
If Punk keeps killing the ratings then you won't be hearing any cheering or booing period because Raw will get cancelled.

It's like we've gone back in time to 2001, just replace WCW with WWE and Jeff Jarrett with Punk.

Okay. So you can understand the ratings, but the 100s of employees in WWE can't?

I don't mean to be offensive but that was an ignorant remark on your part. If he was indeed the reason of the ratings getting killed, he would have been chopped off ages ago. (Remember Jack Swagger-WHC anyone?)

Plus, you do realize that at one point of time Punk surpassed Cena in merchandise sale? This is like a HUGE feat considering Cena has been untouchable in the market for couple of years. This goes on to show that with the whole anti-hero thing, the shoot promo- Punk left his mark. He doubled his fan base.

And to be honest, he is what he said in the shoot. He is good at mic, commentary "and" wrestling! Have you seen him fight?!

And as for your comment, NO. He doesn't get the same reactions as other top faces. Go check out last year's tv event biggest pops of the night. Punk has grown out to get the biggest pops for most nights he performed.

It's okay to hate him if you do, not a problem- just don't discredit him!

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Okay. So you can understand the ratings, but the 100s of employees in WWE can't?

I don't mean to be offensive but that was an ignorant remark on your part. If he was indeed the reason of the ratings getting killed, he would have been chopped off ages ago. (Remember Jack Swagger-WHC anyone?)

I urge you to check the ratings, every single segment he was in with Danielson bombed.

Plus, you do realize that at one point of time Punk surpassed Cena in merchandise sale? This is like a HUGE feat considering Cena has been untouchable in the market for couple of years. This goes on to show that with the whole anti-hero thing, the shoot promo- Punk left his mark. He doubled his fan base.

Jeff Hardy did the same thing, so has Randy in the past. Where are they now? :lol:

Punk's 15mins are nearly over anyway, as soon as Rock finishes whatever box office smash and takes pity on the WWE next the title will be straight on him and off the midget.

And to be honest, he is what he said in the shoot. He is good at mic, commentary "and" wrestling! Have you seen him fight?!

He's doing the EXACT same thing Vince Russo did 12 years ago but getting praised for it......I don't get it but to each their own. His commentary was very funny though, and he is a quick witted guy I'll give him that. Would be a huge fan of his if he just retired and sat on the booth instead. He can't wrestle anyway.

And as for your comment, NO. He doesn't get the same reactions as other top faces. Go check out last year's tv event biggest pops of the night. Punk has grown out to get the biggest pops for most nights he performed.

It's okay to hate him if you do, not a problem- just don't discredit him!

I have gave him credit for being funny at times, and gave him credit for killing the flagship shows ratings.

Outside of smark towns he's anonymous though :lmao

Blujay

Reaction score
I wish we could hide specific posts. All I ever read from Cork when it comes to Punk and Danielson is ratings, ratings, ratings. I said it before, you don't work for the company so ratings mean jack shit to you so stop acting like they do. They also shouldn't influence your favorite wrestlers. In-ring work and charisma are what I look for in wrestlers. But I doubt you've had any sort of professional training to understand either of them from that point of view like I have. Punk and Danielson, while not the OMG RATINGS SPIKE BODY BUILDER TYPE that you want are two of the best technical as well as all around performers in WWE and the world as well. This comes from a guy that didn't pay attention to their indy work until AFTER they came onto my WWE programming. Both are respected in multiple countries for their wrestling prowess. They've won titles everywhere they've went. If you don't like today's product, reminisce through Classic on Demand and youtube videos.

On topic: Punk is slowly going heel. It almost feels similar to his heel turn against Jeff Hardy in that he did what is only right. Spoke the truth, and the fans are slowly turning on him because he did it to a fan favorite.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I wish we could hide specific posts.

Go to user cp and ignore list so I don't have to read your whining about me having a different opinion to you.

All I ever read from Cork when it comes to Punk and Danielson is ratings, ratings, ratings. I said it before, you don't work for the company so ratings mean jack shit to you so stop acting like they do.

They mean I'm not the only one who hates Punk and Danielson, because hundreds of thousands who turn over each week during their segments feel the same.

Ratings matter.

They also shouldn't influence your favorite wrestlers.

They don't.

In-ring work and charisma are what I look for in wrestlers. But I doubt you've had any sort of professional training to understand either of them from that point of view like I have.

Truly one of the most cringeworthy sentences in internet history.

Do you have to be an author to have an opinion on a book?
Do you have to be a director/producer to have an opinion on a film?
Do you have to be a baller to comment on an NBA game?

What an asinine point to make, big superstar Blujay.

Why don't you tell me your credentials? Have you worked for the WWE? I doubt you have, prol some small time backyard fed if anything so I guess we are on a level footing because thats just as irrelevant as not being a wrestler at all.

Punk and Danielson, while not the OMG RATINGS SPIKE BODY BUILDER TYPE that you want are two of the best technical as well as all around performers in WWE and the world as well.

I see what you are getting at, I only like roided up muscleheads with no talent right? I like midgets too, Rey is one of my all time faves. I could easily put caps lock on and post something like OMGZ U ONLI LIEK BORING VANILLA MIDGETS but it's not funny and just makes you look a child.

Another moot point to throw away.

This comes from a guy that didn't pay attention to their indy work until AFTER they came onto my WWE programming. Both are respected in multiple countries for their wrestling prowess. They've won titles everywhere they've went. If you don't like today's product, reminisce through Classic on Demand and youtube videos.

I don't watch Raw or Smackdown anyway because the vanilla midgets killed my interest.

I watch nXt and nitbits like Ryback and Orton.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Because the banner at the top doesn't say Raw & Smackdown Smarks, does it?

Was that a serious question?

Maybe you should of carried on pretending you had me on ignore, instead of asking foolish questions and making yourself look bad.

AF.

Reaction score
If you don't watch Smackdown or Raw, why do you post here then?

I haven't watched SmackDown for 3 years easy. I do watch RAW though.

It's easy to keep up with the WWE without watching the weekly programs. Watching SmackDown would be a chore for me to do. RAW can have it's moments.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Raw and Smackdown are the wrestling shows along with PPVS. Without watching them, how can you formulate an opinion. I can make so many jokes about how you probably loved the 2007 Great Khali run or whatever but why bother. I have you on ignore but I'm interested to get the bottom of why you are such a troll.