Spike TV Adds A Third TNA Show To Weekly Thursday Schedule

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
According to a report on F4WOnline.com, Spike TV will be adding yet another TNA Wrestling program to its' primetime block, which will now be a four-hour TNA block, every Thursday night.

According to the report, Spike will be adding the TNA Xplosion show, which has generally been an international television product, at 8PM on Thursday's, followed by TNA Impact from 9-11PM and TNA Reaction at 11PM.

This could be pretty good. I think alot of the talent that isn't that huge stars get on that show so it be a chance to show off the other talent. Doesn't it mainly have the X-Division?

...god...

Reaction score
Why not have it on like tuesday? Or wednesday? I hope this is a legit second show, that will be fucking awesome and exactly what they need to stop cramming all the shit into one two hour block when they have so much damn talent who just get their flavor of the month push then die off.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I wish it would be on Wednesday cause then we'd have wrestling every night of the week and I'd be so damn pumped for that. I'll have to check to see when it starts so I can DVR it cause now I will get to see the talent that doesn't get to be on iMPACT.

...god...

Reaction score
I thought you like, didn't watch wrestling much anymore.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I do it just got so boring for awhile I didn't talk about it much.

I watch everything but Superstars only wrestling I don't watch that I get here. I mean hell I even watch the local wrestling show.

But now Raw got great again I might join in on that stuff haha.

Reaction score
A 4 hour block? That's too much in one shot. That's so hideously stupid I can't comprehend it. How do you overkill an under exposed product? By giving all the product away in one solid 4 hour block! That's so stupid. Why not, ya know, spread it around. I mean Spike does have like 50 reruns a week of Manswers or some other dumb show who's airtime could be occupied by TNA.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
2 hours of TNA is sometimes too much to handle, let alone 4. Why bother naming it Explosion anyways if it is right before iMPACT!? Why not just tape matches and label it iMPACT! like it is just a 3 hour show? They are the same product you know. Having it on separate days would call for different names but one right after another having different names is just stupid.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
GOD TNA is a bunch of Blue idiots. Their iMPACT! competes with Superstars and Xplosion could be Tuesday nights at 10 to compete with NXT (If that loses to NXT, TNA should sell themselves).

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
YEAH!! YEAH!! YEAH!!

It's about damn time. It better be a legit show too to take off from trying to get everyone tv time on Impact. Though I do question why they would have all these shows on Thursdays. I guess its just a test to see how many people will watch it.

GOD TNA is a bunch of Blue idiots. Their iMPACT! competes with Superstars and Xplosion could be Tuesday nights at 10 to compete with NXT (If that loses to NXT, TNA should sell themselves).

How does that make them idiots? Because you want them to compete with WWE and they are focusing on building up their fan base? Who's the idiot here?

G 3

Reaction score
I'd rather it be either saturday or sunday, like velocity or heat. They could have some of their new or not used wrestlers to squash indy talent. Or they could make it focus on the X division since it is Xplosion. But no, they put four hours on while having a hard time to sell three hour pay-per-views. This will surely help.

G 3

Reaction score
People wouldn't pay for pay-per-view if they were getting 3 hours of wrestling every thursday of the month for free.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
YEAH!! YEAH!! YEAH!!

It's about damn time. It better be a legit show too to take off from trying to get everyone tv time on Impact. Though I do question why they would have all these shows on Thursdays. I guess its just a test to see how many people will watch it.

How does that make them idiots? Because you want them to compete with WWE and they are focusing on building up their fan base? Who's the idiot here?

No one is going to follow 4 straight hours of TNA. People are going to get bored as fuck by the time Impact comes on and they will tune out.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
What does a 3 hour ppv (which you PAY FOR) have to do with free tv?

Because TNA spoils PPV matches on free TV. I could probably see a years worth of PPV matches on the 4 hour block in about 2 months.

Axis

Reaction score
The Impact spoilers always list the Xplosion matches without much detail, and the matches they usually list sound awesome. Much more entertaining than what is usually listed for Impact, because the Xplosion stuff is straight up wrestling without Hogan/Bischoff/Russo to mess it up. Hopefully it stays that way.

Time slots don't matter to me anyway, because I don't watch it live. It's DVRed, so I'll watch the shows whenever I get to them.