Spike TV Adds A Third TNA Show To Weekly Thursday Schedule

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
No one is going to follow 4 straight hours of TNA. People are going to get bored as fuck by the time Impact comes on and they will tune out

Because TNA spoils PPV matches on free TV. I could probably see a years worth of PPV matches on the 4 hour block in about 2 months.

He's right.

It's smart to add another show, but it's negated with utter stupidity by adding it to an already massive 3 hour block. Impact, as the feature product should stand alone. Xplosion should be packaged with the other show on another day. So that way if someone who is a Spike TV viewer is watching whatever show on Tuesdays happens to come across Xplosion and like what they see, then they could potentially be bringing in viewers they didn't have. Somewhat like an appetizer before the main course. And if you package it with Impact, all the regular viewers wont bother watching because it's mainly jobbers and scrubs on Xplosion, so they'd not be doing the show any favors in that respect. Plus, WHO THE HELL WATCHES 4 STRAIGHT HOURS OF WRESTLING? It's just a poor business decision while Xplosion could be used as a vehicle to drive Impact's viewership up. But that takes a little bit of advertising work and TNA seems to be allergic to that.

Reaction score
And wouldn't this suck if this is TNA's big surprise that is going to change TNA forever? To be the first wrestling company to put on a 4 hour block of programming on free tv.

...god...

Reaction score
Sigh, why do the people who work for TNA have legit down syndrome.

Btw, what's this current 3-hour block talk? Does that shitty Reaction show still run unaware to my knowledge?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
No one is going to follow 4 straight hours of TNA. People are going to get bored as fuck by the time Impact comes on and they will tune out.

That wasn't your initial statement though. You weren't going on about it being 4 straight hours, you were saying that it's dumb because they are going head to head with Superstars instead of NXT.

He's right.

It's smart to add another show, but it's negated with utter stupidity by adding it to an already massive 3 hour block. Impact, as the feature product should stand alone. Xplosion should be packaged with the other show on another day. So that way if someone who is a Spike TV viewer is watching whatever show on Tuesdays happens to come across Xplosion and like what they see, then they could potentially be bringing in viewers they didn't have. Somewhat like an appetizer before the main course. And if you package it with Impact, all the regular viewers wont bother watching because it's mainly jobbers and scrubs on Xplosion, so they'd not be doing the show any favors in that respect. Plus, WHO THE HELL WATCHES 4 STRAIGHT HOURS OF WRESTLING? It's just a poor business decision while Xplosion could be used as a vehicle to drive Impact's viewership up. But that takes a little bit of advertising work and TNA seems to be allergic to that.

I know he's right. I stated in my 1st post on me questioning why they would have all these shows on Thursday nights. They should expand.

And wouldn't this suck if this is TNA's big surprise that is going to change TNA forever? To be the first wrestling company to put on a 4 hour block of programming on free tv.

Now that you mentioned it, I checked out their website, and this news wasn't on there, so it's a possibly that this is the very news. Adding in a new show is cool, just not it being on Thursday too.

Sigh, why do the people who work for TNA have legit down syndrome.

Btw, what's this current 3-hour block talk? Does that shitty Reaction show still run unaware to my knowledge?

Reaction doesn't have a set time. It comes on randomly. To my Knowledge, it's only been on twice. They did say that it's going to come on after Impact does though.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Would be great if this turned into a legit show for the talent they don't use. I'm sure the ratings would show that the unused X-Division guys and Knockouts are worth a lot more to the fans than the imitation WWE that iMPACT has become.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Whose really to blame here?

TNA for not using all of their talent so they need another show for them? Or SpikeTV cause they don't want to put the show at any other time of the week aside from Thursday?

Mr Eric Eric

Reaction score
I'm sure the ratings would show that the unused X-Division guys and Knockouts are worth a lot more to the fans than the imitation WWE that iMPACT has become.

Out of the x and knockouts divisions, the only ones who don't tank the ratings are The Beautiful People and Angelina Love.
Both divisions are pretty much worthless when it comes to ratings.