Something far more important than Nash and Booker...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Kaval was being a diva. He could have become a stable midcarder, he was being tested the way many are tested. Mistico is physically bigger and marginally more talented than Kaval, plus again, he has the huge backing of the Latinos, the WWE won't give a shit how he's getting over in the States as long as they are reaping profits on their investment in his backyard. Look at Khali.

Edward 3:16

Reaction score
I have watched a few of his matches and he is like a carbon copy of rey in a good way.

Reaction score
Who cares if he doesnt speak English? Couldn't they pretape his promos and add in subtitles? I know that's a very "1980's" thing to do (the pre-taped promos) but fuck it. I've watched plenty of New Japan matches where Stan Hansen, Vader or whoever just had a translator standing next to them too. It may seem unprofessional, but his inability to speak English shouldn't be a barrier.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish they'd just give him a translator/manager, or just keep him silent as a mystery man of sorts for a little while. He'll be a stable midcarder, but I don't know how a Lucha guy is going to translate to WWE success, although Mistico is already a legend. If they give him a push, Enzo might be right. WWE could be looking to become a Worldwide company. I wouldn't mind it though, Mistico's a great talent, hell, he was the most in-demand wrestler in the world! Yeah, good for both sides if it works out. I'm cautiously optimistic.

1chiban

Reaction score
Rey is banged up and can't go on forever, they're looking to the future with this one, I'd imagine.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^^Or for any of a million and 1 other potential reasons.

Btw, do black wrestlers have their own seperate grading system?

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but Mistico is/was on the WWE front page, apparently they had a big press conference in Mexico City and referred to him as Mistico, but (according to the dirt sheets) he doesn't own the name, so he will be known as Sin Cara (no face, or faceless), but pretty awesome that the WWE is going to go through with a decent push on the guy. Apparently Smackdown does 8.1 ratings in Mexico, so the fans are going to be even more rabid for him there. This is probably the WWE's biggest talent acquisition (full time workers, not Rocky's one off for WM or the such) since they brought the nWo and Goldberg in as far as having an installed fan base. World wide, this is money in the bank for the E. They will triple their investment in this guy in like one month in Mexico.

Hopefully they can give him something awesome to do at Mania, maybe put him in the MITB if there is one, but I'd much rather have him go one on one with Danielson for just 15 minutes or Evan Bourne, if that opened Mania, that would really set the pace for what is shaping up to be a very good show, fuck the haters, things are looking good thus far.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I didn't hear that he doesn't own the name, just that he wants to go in to WWE with a fresh character and use this name to pay tribute to all the masked wrestlers throughout Mexico.

I think he'll connect very solidly with the US fans as well solely off of his style... you get a lot of the things Rey used to do, but there are some moves WWE fans know because of Eddie Guerrero. I'm looking forward to a couple possible feuds with this guy, especially if the rumors of Del Rio not wanting him in the WWE are true.

1chiban

Reaction score
Mistico's WWE name revealed...

It's 'Sin Cara' according to the WWE Facebook page. Why not just keep it as Mistico? That's a nice, simple, awesome name. However, suspect some bright spark thought it was too similar to 'Mysterio' for their liking...

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Re: Mistico's WWE name revealed...

I am curious to see when Mistico is called up to the main roster when/how he is brought in. The WWE changing the name of indy/international stars is nothing new and Sin Cara has an awesome mysterious/badass type of ring to it. If done right I think his debut could be one of the best ever.

I think he may be called up soon since typically when the WWE signs someone, even guys like Punk and Dragon it wasn't nearly as highly covered with a news conference and shit. I wouldn't be shocked if he was on TV by Mania.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

13_SinCara_PC.jpg

New mask; and apparently he's got more to use, so he may be like a Rey Mysterio, but they didn't confirm if all the masks were designed the same with different color or different designs...

fuzzy

Reaction score

Looks good in the pic and the name ain't too bad either, Is he gonna be coming in as face or heel?