• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

So we have 2 hours before the possibility of the end of the world

• Thread starter Solid Stinger the Big Boss
  • Start date

monkeystyle

Humans will never find the real secrets to the beginning of the Universe. One being, and one being alone knows that.

*Prepares for onslaught of stupid rants about religion*

As long as it is there to be discovered it can be known, and never is a very, very long time to have to look.

1chiban

Hmm.. I just get a little nervous once scientists start playing God. Seems to me that while Biologists and Chemists have proper work to do on finding chemical combinations and curing disease, Physicists just waste money on stuff like the LHC. Do we REALLY need to know about the particles that MAY be produced? Or should £5 billion have been put into research into curing AIDS or cancer?

Evil Austin

thanks beer for posting that - also just want to add oen thing even if they tried to drill down adn find this god rock witrh this giant drill (I also have a bit of knowledge no degree but I know more than a couple of people here) My father was a scientist and as a kid I know one or two things-

One being that even if they did try to find this god rock near the center of the earth - this thing would cause so much damage going down that the earth would pretty much be destroyed before any sort of rock or information be brought up, for example if they dug lets say 5 kilometeres down which is like 10% of the real distance, if they even did that (not sure where in the world) if they did that anywhere it would cause so much eathquakes and so much tital waves if near an ocean or in antarctica, and also if near a volcanoe area that would just be STUPID! all in all the natural dissasters and earth shaking over this drill going down would just be phenominal that it would be a WORLD DISSASTER BEFORE EVEN LEAVING THE EARTH CRUST!

Another thing I would like to point out which slighty boggles/ confuses me but I would like to see your oppinons on this one statement - If lets just say for arguemnt sake they get down adn down and down and drill with this giant hydro thing whatever they named it- lets just say for argument sake they reach the bottom of the / center of the earth whats next they can't actually reach the center of the earth because this DRILL is just a plain and simple GIANT DRILL and NO DRILL CAN DRILL WHERE THERE IS MAGMA LAVA! pretty much saying HOW CAN A DRILL, DRILL/ DO ITS WORK WHEN THERE IS MAGMA LAVA IN THE CORE OF THE EARTH ITS LIKE TURNING ON A DRILL IN A POOL AND WANTING TO DRILL A 1,000,000+ DEGREE HEATED POOL JUST IMPOSSIBLE DRILLING A LIQUID?

SO just thats my two cents ?

EDIT SINCE THIS IS A SEROUS DISCUSSION SHOULDN"T THIS BE OUT OF THE LAME AREA AND PUT IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION THREADS JUST A THOUGHT TO THE ADMIN MS ?

Evil Austin

I saw a pic of it , I may be totally wrong lol but I remember reading somewhere I can provide a link that it was designed to DIG! DOWN! ? lol I may be a totall idiot with that post but thats what I read and thought ??? :confused:

monkeystyle

Hmm.. I just get a little nervous once scientists start playing God. Seems to me that while Biologists and Chemists have proper work to do on finding chemical combinations and curing disease, Physicists just waste money on stuff like the LHC. Do we REALLY need to know about the particles that MAY be produced? Or should £5 billion have been put into research into curing AIDS or cancer?

I can't disagree with that. Its really just vanity. But sometimes that is necessary. Not to mention the repercussions that truly successful tests can have on the world when it comes to matters of religion.

I keep wondering if it is possible for them to use this machine to disprove religion. I think that would be wonderful.

monkeystyle

t

EDIT SINCE THIS IS A SEROUS DISCUSSION SHOULDN"T THIS BE OUT OF THE LAME AREA AND PUT IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION THREADS JUST A THOUGHT TO THE ADMIN MS ?

It probably could, but I trust none of you not to turn it into a shit fest once I move it there. Especially with teh topic of religion having been introduced by Ichiban (see what you did?).

C4

how many of you have any understanding of physics?

Me, I've been studying Physics Ordinary and Advanced Levels for 6 years now. Newtons coming back to teach me this Sunday as well >_>

But yeah, lets see the facts and clear it all out:

- Possibilities that all of us are going to be dead on the 21st of October.

1. A Gigantic Black hole drills through the planet due to the high levels of Beta Radiation emitted by those LHC rays through which he experiment proceeds.

2. A Black hole appears due to the high power cosmic rays emitted by the LHC Work-flow and sucks the whole planet into deep space where everything explodes and a "NEW" Universe is formed (Big Bang II)

- Possibilities that we're safe and there isn't any danger

1. The Earth is too big and it can't be pulled all in all by a tiny black hole. However, if the black hole exceeds 2.30{x=1/X~)v constants which is a very unlikely case... then probably half of North America gets sucked into Outerspace!! But once again, little to chances of that happening.

2. The cosmic rays coming from the sun; those combining Hydrogen and Nitrogen and forming Ammonia are far more stronger than the LHC rays. For 14 Billion years there has been no effect of these cosmic rays on the earth, then fuck the LHC rays.

3. The Black hole probably appears for 2-3 seconds and then disappears, little to no damage should be expected.

Conclusion, the second part cuts out most of the first one and we're probably going to be safe at the end of this experiment, just another scientific breakthrough... not doomsday imo.

Evil Austin

http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second...arge-hadron-collider-is-live----an-2008-09-10

That there is an artical aout it, with a pick or two I thought I might want you guys to see if you haven't...

Another ting about MS's post above, even if you have a peice of paper proving that THERE IS NO RELIGEON not saying there isn't but for argument sake if you did there will always be some people that will still believe in it- there will always be people that need to think about religeion where they will go int he afterlife and there will always be people that will believe the farfetched just for teh sake of believing in something - even if you had all the proof in the world there will alway sbe someone who will turn around and say otherwise because he can't accept that his life was based aroudn a LIE

1chiban

^ Yes but it's not neccesarrily a lie - I doubt very much anyone will ever be able to prove, beyond any single microbe of doubt that there isn't a higher power. That being said, I do agree that unless you've been touched by God in some way (no sick jokes please), had a religious experience or whatever then you may not believe in God either, it goes both ways.

And in terms of the black holes, apparently they're so small and will last for such a short time that no damage could be done anyway?

Evil Austin

if it is really small and can't suck in countries maybe it can suck in other stuff like who knows? I mean serously it could eliminate flies, ants and things like that . ?

1chiban

But how would the ants and that get in? - If it isn't big enough to suck the whole LHC in to leave a hole then nothing else is getting in is it lol.

monkeystyle

^ Yes but it's not neccesarrily a lie - I doubt very much anyone will ever be able to prove, beyond any single microbe of doubt that there isn't a higher power.

I'd settle for proving that God is strictly the name given to the force that permeates and balances the universe and is far to distant to even give a shit about a bunch of two legged beasts walking around on planet earth.

That is enough to shatter religion's psyche, and not difficult if they can find the Higgins Bosun.