So Sting is turning again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

It seems that every time the Main Event Mafia does something heelish, like a brutal beat down or a cheap win, Sting ends up just walking away. At Final Resolution when Sting saw that Kevin Nash hit the low blow on Samoa Joe, he just walked away and left his partners alone in the ring. Then on iMPACT! when Sting saw the rest of the Main Event Mafia beating the shit out of Brother Ray, he walked away again. Its becoming something to expect and I have no idea where they're going with this. Is Sting turning babyface again? Is this going to lead to him leaving the Main Event Mafia? I think he'll turn face eventually, but its way too soon to tease a babyface turn. Sting has been very interesting as a hell, I won't care to see him go right back to babyface land.

Thoughts?

Hometown Kid

You claim he's been interesting which is highly debatable. All he does is stare at people while everyone else in MEM does the work. :laugh:

And it's pretty obvious that he's gonna turn on MEM, they've teased it at least 3 times on the past 2 shows. Plus he gets cheered a lot anyway so it doesn't really mean anything. Hopefully he drops the belt to AJ and MEM turns on him tbh.

Dwes

Reaction score
This Sting isn't interesting right now TNA is confused. The problem is their world title is an accesory to a superstar who's having regrets watching what he started. What I think they realized is that they didn't execute things right. They are now in postion where the MEM is Angle versus Jarret and the rest of them fighting the Orignals to keep everyone occupied.

Saying that I believed TNA jobbing the frontline backfired, it's become detrimental to the superstars. Also the only person who's getting a rub so far is Rhyno and Team 3D. So now TNA has to turn Sting face because if he's heel there is no fresh credible matchup for him.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Maybe there just setting up something bigger, were Angle or Nash talks to him about being more ruthless and take intitive, and that turns Sting into a total badass, which makes his heel run alot more watchable

Dwes

Reaction score
No TNA, has no other choice but to turn Sting face. Him joining the MEM couldn't get him heat because he seems like a lackey. This lackey has beaten all of TNA's top main event faces. The same faces that actaully have no credibility anymore. Also the economy is a recession, TNA needs to sell ppv's so that's another reason they have to turn Sting face. Because Sting vs. Dvon, or Sting vs. Ray won't draw a dime.

So to keep the TNA world title credible, get Sting ready for his proper sendoff and for the sake of the comany. TNA is forced to turn Sting face sooner rather then later and go for matchups where they can't go wrong. Unless they'll have Sting headline against Foley, Jarrett. The only option is to poise Sting against the Frontline.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
No TNA, has no other choice but to turn Sting face. Him joining the MEM couldn't get him heat because he seems like a lackey.

I disagree.

If Sting attacks even one Frontline member after showing disgust at the MEM's actions it'll make him truly hated.

On the other hand they could always have Sting just join Frontline in the end then retire. That works too.

The Rated R CMStar

Has Sting ever been truly a heel on the first place?

I mean, at first, people were supposed to hate him because he didnt work as hard as Samoa Joe. However that didn't work, and people sided more with what Sting was saying, bashing Joe about respect, and with how they portrayed Joe spitting right on the face of Sting, Sting was booked to "being right".

Against AJ, he brought up AJ's past....that's it. That was the reason we had to hate him.

In all and all, TNA has not gave me any reason to boo Sting, more than he is in the MEM, and even there he acts as a face. If anything, cool heel.

ollie

Reaction score
Pretty much from the start it's been obvious he's not 'one of them' properly - when the front line first came about and there was the big confrontation thing in the ring Sting picked AJ up and AJ spat at him, surely that portrays AJ as the heel? I got kinda lost at that point

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I personally don't think Sting is turning, at the moment, I see him as more of a tweener then a heel. The front line who are meant to be faces have been portrayed as heels at some point in the feud which confused the holy hell out of me. Sting is not turning again, it is in his gimmick, if anything, he could be described as the brains of the group and the leader.

seX-Power

Does anybody else both Sting and Jerrett turning in the near future. Possibly at Genesis.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
See this is the problem with the Sting/heel concept. He never has truly wanted to do the heel thing to begin with. But like so many other true face characters, he would play it so well if he would really get into it. That is why the whole MEM concept with Sting is not working as well as it could because Sting is not as into it due to his moral character in real life. Now I am like Shawn Michaels who mentioned it some time ago, he can get into the character without necessarily going against his moral judgment in real life. That is my thing. I think if Sting would be a good worker without the foul language and all that he could pull it off so well.

No one is asking him to go all out, but man if he would just get over some things and have that balance in his career while he still has one, the entire MEM thing would and could be so much more than it is. Again, due to Stings moral real life persona, it will never be because he does not see the balance he could have on TV and the real world.

RDH1

Reaction score
The leader of any gang sets the example and doesn't soil his hands doing the dirty work he has his lackeys do it and this is the role Sting is playing.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
The leader of any gang sets the example and doesn't soil his hands doing the dirty work he has his lackeys do it and this is the role Sting is playing.

I would not say that, Sting did not celebrate with the group after the win at Final Resolution and he is not really doing any of the mouth work in the group so it may be him making a turn but I highly doubt that already.

Dwes

Reaction score
I disagree.

If Sting attacks even one Frontline member after showing disgust at the MEM's actions it'll make him truly hated.

On the other hand they could always have Sting just join Frontline in the end then retire. That works too.
I don't think the impact zone fans are capable of booing Sting ever.

I personally don't think Sting is turning, at the moment, I see him as more of a tweener then a heel. The front line who are meant to be faces have been portrayed as heels at some point in the feud which confused the holy hell out of me. Sting is not turning again, it is in his gimmick, if anything, he could be described as the brains of the group and the leader.
It's not suppose to make sense becuase in TNA anyone can cross the traditonal heel and face lines.

No, their leader is clearly Angle. Sting is in the background doing nothing but observing. Speaking when spoken too, and wrestle when challegend or booked. Sting is doing nothing as he wathces Angle lead a group who is doing his bidding while he regrets or disagree with going along with them, or the methods they use.

paulie

Reaction score
they should do all they can to keep him a heel IMO but it does look like a face change to me the way he left the ppv