So lets talk about this Shield reunion.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you like the new Shield ?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I wasn't too big on the trio until their feud with the Wyatt family, I was looking forward to their runs as singles competitors for the most part. I can only hope that we get 2013 Bullet Club Vs. Shield out of this.

Oh hell yeah. I loved that feud. Both the Shield and the Wyatts performed five stars. I loved seeing Luke Harper doing flying moves. I want to go watch those too. They had magic.

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
They've only been back for a week, brother. It's too early to see how well it's going to work out. What I can say as of now is that they do feel like a big deal, because all three men have accomplished amazing things in the time that they've been separated. Multiple championship runs, including all three being former WWE champs, and all of them have had feuds with top past and present stars. They feel like the biggest thing going, they feel dangerous to everyone else in the roster because of all of their combined feats.

And they're all way better at everything they do than they were the first time around. So in theory there's no reason for Shield to fail.

:bayley: But now we wait and see if they can maintain the momentum.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Everything related to this has always been "blah blah blah Reigns". It's exactly what the company wants you to do and you play right into it. So well played
Yes...Keep booing! Its what the WWE wants! Well Played WWE...
Your plan has worked...whatever that plan was?

Can someone explain to how the crowds/fans are doing what the
WWE wants? Unless their goal was for the fans/crowds to keep
booing him...because if that was the goal...mission accomplished!

Just because "someone" is being discussed doesn't mean its a
positive...I mean people still discuss Hitler & Ed Gein...doesn't
mean they will ever be over.

Am I actually comparing Reigns to Hitler & Gein?

Yes I am...because I can.

I love listening to Reigns fans/defenders try and justify that Roman
is actually working as "The Guy"

"Any reaction is a good reaction"

Its such a lame, cop out line...
It just so sad & pathetic...

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
people who see this as a way of making Reigns look better are exactly the reason why Reigns is the big deal they make him out to be. This is a 3 man group that has been reunited because Lesnar isn't here to defend his Universal title at the moment. It's literally just a way of filling the main event scene for a couple of months and make good business but all you talk about is Reigns. You guys are so fixated on Reigns that you would never even think about talking about Rollins or Ambrose in this situation. "What if Ambrose gets the big boost out of this?" is something I haven't read yet. Everything related to this has always been "blah blah blah Reigns". It's exactly what the company wants you to do and you play right into it. So well played
I find it crazy that that's what a lot of people play into. All three men are way better now than they were years ago, they're all great talents, they all feel like a HUGE deal as a group, and all that those people wanna do is talk about Roman?

Seriously, it'd suck to be those people.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yes...Keep booing! Its what the WWE wants! Well Played WWE...
Your plan has worked...whatever that plan was?

Can someone explain to how the crowds/fans are doing what the
WWE wants? Unless their goal was for the fans/crowds to keep
booing him...because if that was the goal...mission accomplished!

Just because "someone" is being discussed doesn't mean its a
positive...I mean people still discuss Hitler & Ed Gein...doesn't
mean they will ever be over.

Am I actually comparing Reigns to Hitler & Gein?

Yes I am...because I can.

I love listening to Reigns fans/defenders try and justify that Roman
is actually working as "The Guy"

"Any reaction is a good reaction"

Its such a lame, cop out line...
It just so sad & pathetic...
"I don't watch Reigns at all, but when there's a thread about him, I'll talk about him all day. I love it. I will criticize something I allegedly don't even watch! [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]". Welcome back to the discussion. And having someone being talked about in literally anything he's involved in, is exactly what they want their main guy to be. Would it be nice if people cheered Reigns on a daily basis? Yes. But it still doesn't change their minds because he still brings all the attributes they're looking for. He puts on their best matches of the night most of the time and gets the loudest reactions out of them. Whether his opponent's getting the positive reactions or not, they're still invested and on their feet, which is something the company will gladly take.

The Shield reunion will change nothing for Reigns once that angle is over and I'm pretty sure the company knows that, after all they already went through this booing thing with Cena too and it worked out. So saying that they just do it to get people to cheer Reigns is just another cheap and childish way of satisfying yourself over hating Reigns

Reactions: 20X20 and Doxo

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
"I don't watch Reigns at all, but when there's a thread about him, I'll talk about him all day. I love it. I will criticize something I allegedly don't even watch! [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]". Welcome back to the discussion. And having someone being talked about in literally anything he's involved in, is exactly what they want their main guy to be. Would it be nice if people cheered Reigns on a daily basis? Yes. But it still doesn't change their minds because he still brings all the attributes they're looking for. He puts on their best matches of the night most of the time and gets the loudest reactions out of them. Whether his opponent's getting the positive reactions or not, they're still invested and on their feet, which is something the company will gladly take.

The Shield reunion will change nothing for Reigns once that angle is over and I'm pretty sure the company knows that, after all they already went through this booing thing with Cena too and it worked out. So saying that they just do it to get people to cheer Reigns is just another cheap and childish way of satisfying yourself over hating Reigns
I would read your post...and I'm sure its great...
but...
apparently me talking about Roman...even in a negative way...
is somehow getting him over or helping the WWE achieve their
long term goal...so as much as I'd like to start a debate...I'm
going to have to pass.

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreThisTopic[/HASHTAG]

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I would read your post...and I'm sure its great...
but...
apparently me talking about Roman...even in a negative way...
is somehow getting him over or helping the WWE achieve their
long term goal...so as much as I'd like to start a debate...I'm
going to have to pass.

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreThisTopic[/HASHTAG]
thanks for understanding the post without reading it lol

Reactions: Grievous 3D

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The Shield was created to take three wrestlers and really put them over. Seriously, it was one of the most successful plans WWE ever did. All three have become major players.

This Shield is different because it's not taking three relatively unknown people and trying to put them over. Now, it is a grab at ratings. It's like when the Beatles got together and recorded a song without John Lennon. Nothing beats nostalgia and nostalgia is why we like the Shield. They will be compared constantly to their previous run and likely will get cheers but will also get people "They're not as good as they used to be."

It is an interesting story, don't get me wrong. But I am not sure it will compare to the first run because of the motivation being different.
The motivation might be different, but it can still be good. I just hope that ending is better than last time. It felt too early for a turn like someone else said, out of nowhere. This time, we will expect the turn at any corner. The hints are there if you're paying attention. Ambrose is going to do the backstabbing.

I also hope it results in a major push for Ambrose, too.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The motivation might be different, but it can still be good. I just hope that ending is better than last time. It felt too early for a turn like someone else said, out of nowhere. This time, we will expect the turn at any corner. The hints are there if you're paying attention. Ambrose is going to do the backstabbing.

I also hope it results in a major push for Ambrose, too.

Oh it will probably be good, I agree. Just not as good as before in my view.

And yeah, Ambrose will be the one. I was thinking before it would be nice if it would be Roman but the more I think about it, Ambrose is a good heel and a heel turn would be good for him.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
have to say from Raw last night, I marked out that they brought the proper entrance and attire back. I loved it.

As for what really is happening here. It won't work as well as they hope by using this to put Roman over more, if anything it will put over Dean when he turns heel as i hope he will. It really put Rollins over last time round. So unless they make Roman go heel (which they won't) its not going to have the desired effects on "the guy"

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Hotshot
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Honestly, we all know that it's a ploy by Vince and Company to try yet again to get Roman Reigns over with the crowds, which will more than likely fail. Dean and Rollins will feud till Mainia, and Reigns will be challenging Brock Lesnar to the Universal Title, which will more than likely end like WM 32, a chorus of boos. They've done too much damage ti his character, unless they finally turn him heel, which they probably will never do.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Well...apparently "The Guy I can't Mention Or the WWE will Win...Somehow" is
being replaced at TLC by Kurt Angle.

Still not watching this train wreck...
Really...U think it'll be that bad?
Im curious to know ur opinion as to why. :emoji_slight_smile:
-
In My Opinion, With this sudden Change up, I personally think it'll be great!
-
It'll be a change without Roman there. Its prob good that he'll be away til he gets better from whatever ia going around..