So lets talk about this Shield reunion.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you like the new Shield ?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crash

Reaction score
I was a huge mark for the shield ever since 2013, I thought they broke up too early when seth turned.

Now that they are back together, what do you think of it? is it working? Do they need something more? A new member maybe? How long is it gonna last? Should Roman be the one who betray dean and seth and finally turn heel? What are your thoughts on the subject?

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
So far it's working, they need nothing, especially not a new member, it's going to last I'd say about 3 months give or take one month, and Roman should definitely be the guy who breaks it up

Everyone knows I've never been the guy who thought The Shield had to come back, think the original run was great and they broke up at the perfect time, but I think a short reunion tour will be nice. I just hope it doesn't out stay its welcome

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
I think they really need the riot gears, the crowd entrance and the original music back(not roman's theme).

The total package is what I mean.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Maybe I'm alone in this but I'm not a fan of it. When I think of it all I see it as is an attempt to pull the wool over everyone's eyes to make them love roman.
Pretty much this.

It's marketing at its best and hey, it's working. People are marking over the triple power bomb and the fist bump but whatever. To me it's so obvious that it's a forced thing that it makes it very cringy to watch.

Just wait till Roman is 'backstabbed' eventually and they are disappointed that he isn't being cheered and we're back to square one.

Only way I would personally enjoy this thing is if it ended with Roman doing the backstabbing. That'd be nice, purely because it'd be a geniune swerve.

CinciOmega

Jobber
Reaction score
Pretty much this.

It's marketing at its best and hey, it's working. People are marking over the triple power bomb and the fist bump but whatever. To me it's so obvious that it's a forced thing that it makes it very cringy to watch.

Just wait till Roman is 'backstabbed' eventually and they are disappointed that he isn't being cheered and we're back to square one.

Only way I would personally enjoy this thing is if it ended with Roman doing the backstabbing. That'd be nice, purely because it'd be a geniune swerve.

Even with roman doing the turn I'm uncertain if I'll like it.

In my head I can only concoct one method that I enjoy. That method is not only roman with the turn but he forms a new and "better(?)" shield.

Roman turns and at his side is The Authors of Pain from NXT. I mean they pretty much already wear the riot gear

Reactions: Smg and Solidus1

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I like the story. I think it's been entertaining and fun to watch. They executed it at the right time. Brock being away with the Universal title and what not

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The Shield was created to take three wrestlers and really put them over. Seriously, it was one of the most successful plans WWE ever did. All three have become major players.

This Shield is different because it's not taking three relatively unknown people and trying to put them over. Now, it is a grab at ratings. It's like when the Beatles got together and recorded a song without John Lennon. Nothing beats nostalgia and nostalgia is why we like the Shield. They will be compared constantly to their previous run and likely will get cheers but will also get people "They're not as good as they used to be."

It is an interesting story, don't get me wrong. But I am not sure it will compare to the first run because of the motivation being different.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
When it comes to feeling forced, I feel like it's more because they're having to rush something to sell TLC with the Universal Title being out of the way and them not really having a plan to fall back on, so here's this. Fistbumps, warcries, and triple powerbombs (shut the hell up Michael Cole) for all...

Though I must say, I'm ALWAYS the first to shit on nostalgia. I haaaate watching the New Age Outlaws winning tag titles in 2015 for example, but I'm down with this because it's taking current guys and giving them some character development... mostly with Ambrose/Rollins, their tag team coming together is doing wonders for them. (Best thing that's happened to Seth since Mania 31's epic finish. Thanks for actually trying to get those two over!) As for Reigns... yeah it'll hide the boos for now, but now I resent the dude for not even dropping the Shield music lol. Hearing that song again after all these years with the crowd entrance and all would be sweet but no it's just Roman's theme slightly altered lol asshole robbed me of a good moment *ahem*, I mean they'll just start booing him again if he gets another gigantic singles push, so lol whatever

But the biggest moment is like Fox said in his review of the last Raw show (I already forgot what it was), he talked about how "this tag team is pointless since it's just leading to a turn"... Good. Now they can do what may have been the right thing to do all along and turn Ambrose heel (though I still think Seth makes a better one)... (though right now they don't have a choice but to have Roman sling his chair into the back of the others).

Before these three started interacting all three were in character purgatory, now all three are individually, even temporarily, better off for it. And so is the show which is MUCH more entertaining with these three and enough good parts to call Raw pretty good right now. I'd call that a pretty big success even if it is a desperate cash grab. (that won't be as cool in those merch sale shirts lol will they)

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I didnt really think they'd get back together. Well, now that they are....even if its just for the time being... then.. YAY!

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Crash

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
...And the crowds still boo Roman...and I continue to laugh at how
pathetic it is.

The Shield was before I came back to the WWE...and apart from
a 3 on 3 match against the Wyatt Family...I haven't watched any
of their "first run" stuff...and frankly I don't think I will.

The relationship the WWE has with its fans is really strange.

They boo Roman every week and the WWE continue to push
Roman every week...and the cycle just keeps repeating itself.

The WWE most be hoping that eventually the crowd has to
stop booing him...but they won't...because the WWE TV
audiences have been conditioned to boo Roman at this point.

I think I'll just stick with the women's division as its the only
division that "the Reigns Push" doesn't effect.

I don't care about the Shield Reunion and wont be watching
any of the matches because...

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]

Can we talk about Asuka now?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
people who see this as a way of making Reigns look better are exactly the reason why Reigns is the big deal they make him out to be. This is a 3 man group that has been reunited because Lesnar isn't here to defend his Universal title at the moment. It's literally just a way of filling the main event scene for a couple of months and make good business but all you talk about is Reigns. You guys are so fixated on Reigns that you would never even think about talking about Rollins or Ambrose in this situation. "What if Ambrose gets the big boost out of this?" is something I haven't read yet. Everything related to this has always been "blah blah blah Reigns". It's exactly what the company wants you to do and you play right into it. So well played

Reactions: Chicken McDouble

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I wasn't too big on the trio until their feud with the Wyatt family, I was looking forward to their runs as singles competitors for the most part. I can only hope that we get 2013 Bullet Club Vs. Shield out of this.