• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SmackDown Superstars Discussion

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RE: Big Show Plows Over AJ

RKO said:
They're all bad in my opinion. All he is good for is his submission finisher.. That's it, other than that, he's a regular superstar.

Actually @[seabs], I'll tell you one person, current;y, that's better than Daniel Bryan at every aspect possible, (except mic skills). That superstar being Alberto Del Rio. Simple as that.

I love Del Rio but come back to me when he's carried someone similar Mark Henry and a 2010 Miz to a good match.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Crayo said:
Lol no way. There's been no single bad Bryan match. Del Rio is great in the ring but he's noooo Bryan.

Del Rio has achieved way greater things than Bryan, and he has took out some of the biggest superstars in the business today. Daniel Bryan has not. The reason why Bryans matches aren't bad? Just look at who he wrestles.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

RKO said:
Del Rio has achieved way greater things than Bryan, and he has took out some of the biggest superstars in the business today. Daniel Bryan has not. The reason why Bryans matches aren't bad? Just look at who he wrestles.

Are you talking about title wins? When has kayfabe been a way to comment on match quality?
Have you seen any of his work pre wwe?
[video=dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlgcjw_bryan-danielson-vs-nigel-mcguinness-roh-world-pure-championship-roh-unified_sport[/video]

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

RKO said:

If you mean Royal Rumble, Money in the Bank and 2x WWE Championship, sure those are achievements.

But Bryan has been the Best Technical Wrestler and Wrestler for 5 years in a row and Most Outstanding Wrestler of the Decade.

Also when Del Rio took out stars, that was storyline wise because they were already injured.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

No, I'm talking about actually taking oout some of the biggest WWE superstars.. As in, putting them on the injured list. No, I have not seen Bryans pre-wwe work, but I have seen Del Rio's.

CM Punk said:
If you mean Royal Rumble, Money in the Bank and 2x WWE Championship, sure those are achievements.

But Bryan has been the Best Technical Wrestler and Wrestler for 5 years in a row and Most Outstanding Wrestler of the Decade.

Also when Del Rio took out stars, that was storyline wise because they were already injured.

5 years in a row? Isn't Daniel Bryan new?? Besides NXT.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

RKO said:
No, I'm talking about actually taking oout some of the biggest WWE superstars.. As in, putting them on the injured list. No, I have not seen Bryans pre-wwe work, but I have seen Del Rio's.

5 years in a row? Isn't Daniel Bryan new?? Besides NXT.

He's been wrestling for 10 years or so. The injured thing was storyline and if it was real would go against you as a wrestler. You're supposed to protect the other guy not injure him.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

seabs said:
He's been wrestling for 10 years or so. The injured thing was storyline and if it was real would go against you as a wrestler. You're supposed to protect the other guy not injure him.

I will look up his pre-NXT/WWE wrestling then.

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score

Think you're getting confused with kayfabe and real-life RKO. Don't worry, I was the same a year or two ago. I knew nothing about the "smark" side of being a wrestling fan. I'll help you out a bit though.

Del Rio has won Royal Rumble, WWE Championship twice & took out some great superstars. That's kayfabe (his character, not him). He was booked (this means arranged) to win those by creative (the wwe officials who write the story-lines). Why did they give him all this? Because they wanted to get him over with the crowd, meaning they wanted to get him a big reaction, and hopefully boo's.

Now without that booking, you just have Alberto Del Rio the real-life professional wrestler (he has a different real life name). He is still one of the best workers (wrestlers) in the company, but he's not as good technically as Daniel Bryan. Kayfabe (his character remember) he's probably better since he has achieved all those things. What everyone else is debating in this thread (which should have its own thread) is who is the best technical wrestler in the world. No characters. Just them as human beings professionally wrestling other wrestlers.

Another example is your favourite superstar Orton. Orton didn't win too much in 2011 did he? One reign or two I think, but he was more putting over talent like Rhodes, Barrett and Henry (this means helping them look good by either losing or nearly losing). Do you know what though? He was rated as this years 2nd best wrestler in some magazine awards. Want to know why? Because he had MAGNIFICENT matches with the likes of Christian, Ziggler, Rhodes etc. He might not of won all of them, but he's been a consistent good performer. Every match he's been in has been above average, even with poor wrestlers like Mark Henry, Big Show. Those two might of accomplished lots, both have been champion (all be it Big Shows was only 45 seconds) but they're not good wrestlers at all technically without those characters.

Hope I helped, feel free to ask questions @[RKO].

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Sage said:
Think you're getting confused with kayfabe and real-life RKO. Don't worry, I was the same a year or two ago. I knew nothing about the "smark" side of being a wrestling fan. I'll help you out a bit though.

Del Rio has won Royal Rumble, WWE Championship twice & took out some great superstars. That's kayfabe (his character, not him). He was booked (this means arranged) to win those by creative (the wwe officials who write the story-lines). Why did they give him all this? Because they wanted to get him over with the crowd, meaning they wanted to get him a big reaction, and hopefully boo's.

Now without that booking, you just have Alberto Del Rio the real-life professional wrestler (he has a different real life name). He is still one of the best workers (wrestlers) in the company, but he's not as good technically as Daniel Bryan. Kayfabe (his character remember) he's probably better since he has achieved all those things. What everyone else is debating in this thread (which should have its own thread) is who is the best technical wrestler in the world. No characters. Just them as human beings professionally wrestling other wrestlers.

Another example is your favourite superstar Orton. Orton didn't win too much in 2011 did he? One reign or two I think, but he was more putting over talent like Rhodes, Barrett and Henry (this means helping them look good by either losing or nearly losing). Do you know what though? He was rated as this years 2nd best wrestler in some magazine awards. Want to know why? Because he had MAGNIFICENT matches with the likes of Christian, Ziggler, Rhodes etc. He might not of won all of them, but he's been a consistent good performer. Every match he's been in has been above average, even with poor wrestlers like Mark Henry, Big Show. Those two might of accomplished lots, both have been champion (all be it Big Shows was only 45 seconds) but they're not good wrestlers at all technically without those characters.

Hope I helped, feel free to ask questions @[RKO].

Excellent post.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Oh yeah, then I see. I was getting a lot of it confused with kayfable then. As for wrestlers outside of the ring, I'm still going to have to go with Kurt Angle, and now that I think of it, outside of WWE, Sin Cara was an extremely talented technical wrestlers.. One of the best I have ever seen.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

RKO said:
Oh yeah, then I see. I was getting a lot of it confused with kayfable then. As for wrestlers outside of the ring, I'm still going to have to go with Kurt Angle, and now that I think of it, outside of WWE, Sin Cara was an extremely talented technical wrestlers.. One of the best I have ever seen.

Down to opinion I suppose. I can't and won't force Bryan on you, lol. Kurt is a gifted wrestler, always has been. Sin Cara is good but botches a lot in WWE at the moment (botches means makes mistakes if you didn't know). But the style is so much different than what he's used to.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Crayo said:
Down to opinion I suppose. I can't and won't force Bryan on you, lol. Kurt is a gifted wrestler, always has been. Sin Cara is good but botches a lot in WWE at the moment (botches means makes mistakes if you didn't know). But the style is so much different than what he's used to.

I'm not sauing Brayn isn't good, I'm just saying that he isn't great.