• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SmackDown Superstars Discussion

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
RE: Big Show Plows Over AJ

Compare the two in their prime. Kurt was the best athlete there. He actually won Olympic gold medals for wrestling. D-Bry has no medals for Olympic wrestling. Therefore Kurt surpasses Bryan

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Sackfist said:
Compare the two in their prime. Kurt was the best athlete there. He actually won Olympic gold medals for wrestling. D-Bry has no medals for Olympic wrestling. Therefore Kurt surpasses Bryan

Has Bryan ever wanted to or tried to compete in competitive wrestling? Nope. That doesn't make Kurt Angle instantly surpass Bryan. Also, I didn't say Bryan is the best ever so there's no need to compare primes. I said he's widely regarded as the current best wrestler in the world... you said Angle is better.

"Bryan has no medals so he can never be best wrestler in the world". So Kevin Steen, Styles, Generico, Punk, Jericho, none of those can ever be considered?

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com

No but you asked me to provide evidence, and I did. Angle is considerable one of the best wrestlers. Bryan has a long way to go to catch up to Kurt.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

You're doing it again lmao. "Bryan has a long way to go to catch up to Kurt". You can't make statements like that without any evidence. Link me to one match better than any Bryan match this year from Angle. Bryan didn't have the best year last year either... but gold medals years and years ago isn't evidence at all for Angle being a better active wrestler than Bryan now. Not at all.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Bryan danielson was considered the best wrestler in the world by his opponents and fans alike. If you've seen his work in roh you'd understand it isn't just a moniker. I understand wrestling skill is subjective but kurt lacks a basic in ring psychology. Winning a gold medal doesn't make someone a great pro wrestler. It makes him a great amateur free style wrestler. Kurt isn't even the best pro wrestler in his company imo. That goes to aj styles.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

seabs said:
Bryan danielson was considered the best wrestler in the world by his opponents and fans alike. If you've seen his work in roh you'd understand it isn't just a moniker. I understand wrestling skill is subjective but kurt lacks a basic in ring psychology. Winning a gold medal doesn't make someone a great pro wrestler. It makes him a great amateur free style wrestler. Kurt isn't even the best pro wrestler in his company imo. That goes to aj styles.

Kurt is the best technical wrestler though.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

CM Punk said:
Kurt is the best technical wrestler though.

Have you seen Danielson vs Mcguiness? Or vs Kenta?

Here is one of the matches vs Kenta. It's not even his best technical display but it's probably better then anything Kurt has ever done imo.

I know the observer doesn't mean much but look at the technical wrestler award.

Bryan Danielson

Ring of Honor

Bryan Danielson

Ring of Honor

Bryan Danielson

Ring of Honor

Bryan Danielson

Ring of Honor

Bryan Danielson

Ring of Honor

Daniel Bryan

World Wrestling Entertainment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wrestling_Observer_Newsletter_awards#Best_Technical_Wrestler

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Glad seabs took part in this thread, so glad.

You know something is true when other wrestlers have come out and said he's the best in the business. Bryan's ability also most of the time goes un-noticed. There isn't one bad Daniel Bryan match up in WWE, I can't think of any. He's faced the likes of Big Slow, Mark Henry, David Otunga (I think once), some really bad technical wrestlers but he makes them look good.

I'll reiterate what I said before, a Mark henry match was nominated as a potential MOTY candidate. I'd say Bryan's only rivals as best in the world technically is Steen, Styles, Orton (never thought I'd say that) and perhaps the Zigglers, Genericos and Punks.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Here, @[Crayo]. I'll provide you with a few videos stating why I believe Angle is more phenominal then D-Bryan.

Kurt Angle compared to D-Bryan

Kurt Angles championships tribute

Angle vs Benoit at Unforgiven 02' (One of the best technical matches I've seen)

Kurt Angle vs Undertaker at No Way Out 06' (another gereat technical match)

There's all my proof. I'm talking all-time matches, not current. Daniel Bryan possed no where near the skill of what Kurt Angle did, and still does. Bryan will most likely never surpass Angle either.

TNA 2 years ago. Angle Vs Styles

I'm hoping this helps.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

I've watched Angle all my life, I've missed most of his TNA work. I watched him is his prime, I know how good the guy is. Bryan is just technically at another level, he tells a story with his wrestling, he makes the other wrestler look like utter gold.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Crayo said:
I've watched Angle all my life, I've missed most of his TNA work. I watched him is his prime, I know how good the guy is. Bryan is just technically at another level, he tells a story with his wrestling, he makes the other wrestler look like utter gold.

"Utter gold"? You're kidding me.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

seabs said:
Name a bad match he's had.

They're all bad in my opinion. All he is good for is his submission finisher.. That's it, other than that, he's a regular superstar.

Actually @[seabs], I'll tell you one person, current;y, that's better than Daniel Bryan at every aspect possible, (except mic skills). That superstar being Alberto Del Rio. Simple as that.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score

RKO said:
I'll tell you one person, current;y, that's better than Daniel Bryan at every aspect possible, (except mic skills). That superstar being Alberto Del Rio. Simple as that.

712dffbbec1d08f1714dca20dc98ef23.png