SmackDown Leaving Fox, Returning to USA Network after October 2024 — Plus, Four WWE Specials Coming to NBC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Raw on any broadcast would be huge. NBC is the most watched channel in the country overall I believe and they already have the partnership there. Fox could maybe actually take it and that might be why they let SmackDown go? Doubtful there tho. And then there's ABC would would be the Disney partnership essentially and would also get them even more ESPN coverage

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think Fox just wants out period. They supposedly didn't wanna renew SmackDown at it's current rate and I can only imagine the WWE would want more than what they're paying at the minute.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fox is going to sell.

Smackdown is the new A show and Raw will be shopped around.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It's def lower than what Nick Khan had been hyping up but how they've explained that so far is its just SmackDown, his increase estimate was all 3 shows so if the orher two are deemed better than it's no worry

I do think people are gonna make a big deal about the lower ratings instantly though and I wonder how shit Fox becomes at promoting them during NFL since they'll be leaving

What would be insane would be if Raw could move to NBC (I have no idea what their Monday lineup is and if that's even an option)

And then maybe they can get NXT on Prime for a streaming entry to get some cash there and have that trifectra of broadcast, cable, and streaming
I'd think if they put RAW on NBC NXT would be on Peacock to stay with just NBC/Universal.
Maybe I posted it in here or it's one of the articles somewhere but I think it said Raw was going to be the big deal
RAW is always gonna be the big deal. More TV time longer history.
Raw on any broadcast would be huge. NBC is the most watched channel in the country overall I believe and they already have the partnership there. Fox could maybe actually take it and that might be why they let SmackDown go? Doubtful there tho. And then there's ABC would would be the Disney partnership essentially and would also get them even more ESPN coverage
ABC would be an interesting option but doubtful for Monday Night Raw since ABC/ESPN own Monday Night Football. Doubt they want to compete with themselves. It could happen but ABC would have to give up MNF (they air a few games a year normally and like 12 this year due to the strike)

If they are gonna get NBC Special events doubt they anticipate a Broadcast TV for RAW as those specials would be less important.

Another thing to think about with regards to broadcast TV, the FCC is strict with regards to language on Broadcast TV (Rock getting censored was an FCC-related issue not a WWE thing). WWE may want to get off Broadcast regularly for that reason.

Ant

Up The Villa
Reaction score
There's not much stock in cable anymore. With the advent of streaming and how people take in content nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me to see Raw on Netflix or Prime. Even Disney really. Be interesting to see if they beat the 1.4 billion deal they got for Smackdown moving to USA with Raw as RAW is/was the cornerstone of the wrestling programming era at least in modern times.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
-- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter not only talked about this outcome but also of the possibility that Raw could be moved from Monday so it wouldn't have to go head-to-head against NFL every fall. With NBCUniversal shelling out big bucks to acquire Smackdown for the USA Network, it is believed that they won't air it on either Friday or Saturday due to those nights being relatively low viewership evenings.

-- That would leave Smackdown, Raw and NXT to air on three nights between Sunday and Thursday and the Observer noted that there's a "very good chance" that WWE would run one of the shows on Wednesday, presumably against Dynamite. One theory is they would air the three shows on a Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday schedule and run PPVs/PLEs on Saturdays

Would be so weird to not have Raw/Smackdown on Monday/Friday but the chance of bringing back the Wednesday night wars to constantly hear people compare the shows and fight is always a plus. :bosque

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Would be so weird to not have Raw/Smackdown on Monday/Friday but the chance of bringing back the Wednesday night wars to constantly hear people compare the shows and fight is always a plus. :bosque
It would be bad for both shows so I don't see it happening.

Reactions: Vegeta

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People who pine for the Monday Night Wars seem to forget it completely burnt the business out within 5 years.

Be happy there's a variety of shit on TV and stop this stupid ass "us vs them" or you'll just look like those bozos on socials with gimmick accounts and broken heads.

Reactions: Storm Trooper