Shutting down legitimate discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
http://wrestlingsmarks.com/forums/t67001-3/

Are you serious? Why would you close that? The topic was about the bombings. I wasn't aware that discussing the who and why was against the rules.

If you don't like the discussion, fine. You don't have to, don't participate. Don't just shut it down because you don't like it. That's absurd.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Dude, it was breaking down into a flamefest which is against rules. If you weren't attacking members it would still be open.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Because the discussion was getting ready to become one of constant flaming members. Its the same reason that many of the other threads of that nature people cant seem to keep the discussions respectful. Instead someone inevitably becomes
You're an incredibly disrespectful, insensitive little fear monger. You deserve far more than what I've given you.
or fucking stupid, or a dumbass etc. I shut it down because I'd rather not have to go through infracting every other post I'd rather just shut it down. The thread was opened as a source of info the FBI's Suspects have been caught until there is a court trial and we have evidences for boths sides there isn't much to discuss.

But yes lets blame the mods for shutting down the "legitimate" discussions not ourselves for derailing the topic.

Reactions: 1 person

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'll cop to being aggressive, fine.

However if you'll notice you made a comment asking to dial it back. That was at 6:18. At 6:31, less than 15 minutes later and after a couple of civil posts you closed the thread by saying this:

Well considering this has gone from a serious issue to one of proving or disproving supposed conspiracy theories. I think it's time to let Jesse Ventura handle this case.

Thread Closed.

And while you may not see value in discussion your opinion is not the be all end all. There clearly were people who did.

Again, you did your job by asking us to dial it back. That's fine. Beyond that though you had no reason to do anything else.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Post of the Year from .Hollywood.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'll cop to being aggressive, fine.

However if you'll notice you made a comment asking to dial it back. That was at 6:18. At 6:31, less than 15 minutes later and after a couple of civil posts you closed the thread by saying this:

And while you may not see value in discussion your opinion is not the be all end all. There clearly were people who did.

Again, you did your job by asking us to dial it back. That's fine. Beyond that though you had no reason to do anything else.

It may not be the be all end all. But I do have the permissions to close them down if you want them to be reopend then you should PM an Admin or an Owner. The tone continued to be that of a condescending nature. As for right now you aren't changing my mind I think it'll continue to get out of hand the can of worms has already been opened so I decided to go ahead and close it.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It may not be the be all end all. But I do have the permissions to close them down if you want them to be reopend then you should PM an Admin or an Owner. The tone continued to be that of a condescending nature. As for right now you aren't changing my mind I think it'll continue to get out of hand the can of worms has already been opened so I decided to go ahead and close it.

I put this here for that purpose.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
PM is the preferred method instead of trying to make it a spectacle. And I don't see what [MENTION=32]Tapout[/MENTION]s post has to do with insulting anyone.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Usually Tapout is on the other side of insults from fans like me being an Evan Bourne fan. He isn't attacking anyone here.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
PM is the preferred method instead of trying to make it a spectacle. And I don't see what @Tapouts post has to do with insulting anyone.

I believe in naming and shaming. Anybody who was on IWF while I was the Admin there knows that I don't do private anything. I do everything publicly.

And I commented on Tapout because I think it's hilarious that he's supporting you on this when he blatantly insulted me in the one discussion that we've had together. Giant hypocrisy, y'know?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
[MENTION=32]Tapout[/MENTION] is an asshole, we all know this. 8D

Seriously, the thread was turning to shit, thus why I stopped posting in it. As soon as I saw the conspiracy theory stuff I knew it was going to be a flamefest. If you didn't flame anybody the thread would still be open for you to debate it, but you resorted to name calling and such. Why would a staff member allow you to do that? THAT is absurd!

Status
Not open for further replies.