Shutting down legitimate discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Well, right on. If that makes you happy then congratulations.

Personally, I feel restrained. I miss having a section where I can say whatever the hell I want to with other consenting members. It's cathartic.

However, I am doing my best to be a good little boy.

Now, bringing this all back around. I accept responsibility for being aggressive. That's cool, I haven't denied that. But that's not why he closed the thread. Personally, I'd rather eat a short ban than have a discussion shut down for a stupid reason.
There will be no such section added to this forum and that's the end of that discussion. This forum will remain to be a non-threatening environment for all members regardless of their opinions. Obviously not everyone agrees on everything, but that's the point of a discussion board. And should any member's opinions strongly differ from yours, attack the opinion, not the poster.

If our forum rules bother you or you wish to be affiliated with an atmosphere that caters to juvenile behavior, no one is twisting your arm to stay here. If you wish to join in mature discussion with respectful members, you're more than welcome to stay. But flaming and whingeing about crap that pisses you off aren't things anyone here wants to read.

It's a pity that thread was ruined because it was a subject I've taken much interest in lately, but any thread that is derailed in that nature will be met with the same result from the staff. If you wish for a hot topic to remain open, treat the topic and participating members with respect.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
My like or dislike of the topic had nothing to do with it that was a smart ass way of shutting it down using humor. The reason it was shut down has been stated above and seems like a huge number of posters are in agreement with it.

No forum is the same and as a former admin you should know that.

I'm sorry we aren't IWF but that's not our fault we are who we are and I kinda like it that way.

Last edited:

...god...

Reaction score
Well, right on. If that makes you happy then congratulations.

Personally, I feel restrained. I miss having a section where I can say whatever the hell I want to with other consenting members. It's cathartic.

However, I am doing my best to be a good little boy.

Now, bringing this all back around. I accept responsibility for being aggressive. That's cool, I haven't denied that. But that's not why he closed the thread. Personally, I'd rather eat a short ban than have a discussion shut down for a stupid reason.
God damn I miss Hell in a Thread...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
There will be no such section added to this forum and that's the end of that discussion. This forum will remain to be a non-threatening environment for all members regardless of their opinions. Obviously not everyone agrees on everything, but that's the point of a discussion board. And should any member's opinions strongly differ from yours, attack the opinion, not the poster.

If our forum rules bother you or you wish to be affiliated with an atmosphere that caters to juvenile behavior, no one is twisting your arm to stay here. If you wish to join in mature discussion with respectful members, you're more than welcome to stay. But flaming and whingeing about crap that pisses you off aren't things anyone here wants to read.

It's a pity that thread was ruined because it was a subject I've taken much interest in lately, but any thread that is derailed in that nature will be met with the same result from the staff. If you wish for a hot topic to remain open, treat the topic and participating members with respect.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that a moderator got to deal in absolutes. You learn something new every day. Are you done feeling self important now?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
My like or dislike of the topic had nothing to do with it that was a smart ass way of shutting it down using humor. The reason it was shut down has been stated above and seems like a huge number of posters are in agreement with it.

I see back pedaling!

Why not say exactly what you meant? Why not say that you were shutting it down for flaming?

Why oh why are you so full of shit?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Hell threads never end well for the forum anyway. Why want that shit around here? If you're that kind of person who insists on doing that shit, sorry to tell ya, but WS isn't the place for you. Trust me, I've had my fair share of happy times with staff and other members here. It's just not worth the hassle for anybody.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Interesting. I wasn't aware that a moderator got to deal in absolutes. You learn something new every day. Are you done feeling self important now?

I could just ban you right now if you like and give you some time to think it over. I'm choosing to be nice to you right now. You should think your next choice over carefully as well.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I could just ban you right now if you like and give you some time to think it over. I'm choosing to be nice to you right now. You should think your next choice over carefully as well.

You could. Though that would be pretty stupid. If you're that sensitive that you can't have your e-authority questioned I would recommend reassessing yourself. I'm just sayin'

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Let's have every thread turn into "Fuck you...you fgt!" flamefests.

Because every forum like that is always succesful and gets everyone involved amiryt? I mean flamefests between two members always generate more discussion and not leave it to people just watching two people bitch back and forth about nothing.

Why can't we just have Uncensored sections where we can spam, flame and make threads about random members and talk shit about them for no particular reason othe than they disagreed with you in a different section.

Those always make for better forums if you ask me.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Let's have every thread turn into "Fuck you...you fgt!" flamefests.

Because every forum like that is always succesful and gets everyone involved amiryt? I mean flamefests between two members always generate more discussion and not leave it to people just watching two people bitch back and forth about nothing.

Why can't we just have Uncensored sections where we can spam, flame and make threads about random members and talk shit about them for no particular reason othe than they disagreed with you in a different section.

Those always make for better forums if you ask me.

Reductio ad absurdum.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Ummm. What exactly could you ban him for? He isn't breaking any forum rules, other than just barking back at some mods here. Hardly a bannable offense imo.

Is there some type of double standard here? Me and you have had some trollfests and I'm still here and you are too.

What's with the ban threat?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This is being closed and Monkeystyle being banned. Because I don't like the topic. :mickie2:

No these are happening because the topic never needed to be started. Monkey has now flamed 3+ members and can't resort to debating without name calling. I'm posting it here because Monkey requested openness. So he gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.