Shogun possibly one win away from Jon Jones rematch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
1997-1998 period when the quality of wwe wrestling was great but the fed got a good beating in the rating from billionaire ted's wcw monday nitro ,it was also the best period in wrestling in my view with both dx and the nwo at their peaks.and yeah steph mcmahon did nothing good for the business

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
^1998 was a great year for both feds man.

Rock and HHH's ladder match was like...priceless. Lol look back at that match and look at how THIN Mark Henry was back then, haha.

DX was livin large n in charge.

Nation Of Domination was partially together for that year.

Both stables made a great little rivalry. I would have to say that 1998 was one of the better years of the 90's for WWF. Because it was in the year 1998 that WCW's streak of winning the ratings ended.

WCW had a big year in 98 too no doubt. But lol Hogan and Goldbergs match was like very well made out n all, PPV quality, but lol Hogans famous lines "I AM GONNA KICK GOLDBERGS...BUTT!" just was plain out silly. Karl Malone came out and Diamond Cuttered Curt Henning LMFAO. There was no reason FOR HENNING TO BE OUT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE since Hogan had Goldberg legdropped. It was the time WCW was becoming a joke.

WWF started getting its grip around 97-98.

pastavirus

Reaction score
2006 was the worst year. And I can tell you exactly why. It was because of the Marine movie and all the sacrifices that the WWE made in order to promote it.

In order to promote the Marine and ensure it was a success. The WWE had to keep the belt on Cena, and they had to keep him face. Which means we didn't get a nice heel turn late 2006 like any intelligent writer would've done. Instead we got double the Cena because they had to advertise the Marine DVD release and also the whole face squashes that are associated with 9/11 and the Christmas season.

Choose Slack

Reaction score
Tough one, I want to just go and say 2006 because of it was a pretty bad time for WWE in terms of star power, I think it'd be a sure year if Triple H got injurred sooner. DX carried 2006 hands down, without DX it would of been complete garbage. The Edge/Cena rivalry was also good, but I think all the negative comments on the 'return of ECW' give it away for me. I say 2006.

2006 was bad, real bad, really bad. Cena as champion pretty much 11 out of 12 months was stupid. His rivalry with Edge was great though, DX was great, other then that...nope not to much good things to say about 06 besides ONS2 and WM23

Man, why so harsh on 2006? There was some really good stuff out there. I think 2007 is actually worst so far then last year. Last year you had some good stuff with Angle/Undertaker, Return of DX, Cena/Edge at Unforgiven was tremendous, the 4 way tag match at Armageddon. Not their best year, but hardly their worst.

Oh, 04-05. JBL's reign on SD was really bad i though. Great worker, but his main events sucked bc he wasnt built up enough. Batista getting pushed (yawn)

JBL's reign was golden man. Easily the best new 'heel' I've seen in the WWE in years. I didn't think he was going to be any good myself, but he really really surprised the hell out of me.

Anyway, I'd have to go with 1995 as being the worst WWF/WWE year of all time..just dismal stuff.

Cena0685

Reaction score
2007.....Batista has had more title shots than everyone combined

Beer Money Army

1990 was pretty Bad Ultimate Warrior Reigns bad main event jobs by Him.
Hogdan vs Earthquake feud there matches sucked so bad
alot of WM 6 matches were too short.
SUmmerslam could of been better
Savage vs Rhodes matches could of been way better.
Taker debutting was good. but 1990 wasn't a good year

I didnt Mind 1995 it had it's up and down. Bret hart was haivng good-great matches as usal Like his match with Hakushi...

HBK beining builded up to almost Mian event level. Jeff Jarretta nd Ramon dominating the upper midcard level..

Mabel winning KOTR 95 and wwe world title match at summerlsam 1995 Sucked.

Kevin nash Championship.. I'm a Huge Mark For Nash.. but there was so pretty crap - ok matches on PPV when he was champion. I.e Sid1/2, Mabel, Bulldog... Thats rightr Him vs Bulldog wasn't a good match....

I think bret Hart the poltics were pushing him down a bit in this area or else he would of go the championship back by KOTR or Sumerslam.......

Luger Leaving WWE was good. and good for WWE...

HHH 1st Year

Undertaker sort of Molding back into Main Event Level after that long Hiatus off from 1994.

i loved 96-2002 Year of WWE there are my favourite sof all time.

2003 was Good Except I love HHH but him destorying all the slef Made WCW/ECW wrestlers and losing to Goldberg the less talented one out of the bunch was stupid.. HHH should of Dropped it to Booker T or an reborn feud with RVD...

2003 you Had the Lesnar/Angle series of Matches, HHH/Nash feud, HBK/Y2J feud was excellent, Team angle on the Rise, Benoit and Eddie starting to get pushed up to main Event level, Lesnar Vs Big show probabaly one of Big show best matches ever at J'day 2003, christian on the rise, austin/Y2J 2003 feud was good if austin could wrestled it would of been awesome.

the only thing i didnt like about 2003 was RVD, Booker T getting pushed down, Taker losing to Vince, Vince/steph feud, The Mr america crap, Zach gowen beating Matt hardy angles.

2004 Raw side was good except for eugene, buty Smackdown wasn't that good.

2005 was a decent year Vengeance 2005 was an really good PPV.

I would say i ddintr like Much of 2006 DX run sucked in my books, FLair/Foley Matches ruined the excellent feud summerslam 2006 was great but melina fucked it up, The midcard level of Chris benoit gave me the shits he's an world class wrestler, Batista coming bakc and after 3 matches getitng about 5-7 world championship shot sucks. Cena/EDGe feud was good but some matches didn't come to par of the main event level. summerslam was good and unforgvien was really good but gets overrated by others.....

DX was only good when they started to feud with RKO.....

i think there is some other stuff to type but im going to lunch so Ladaz Chico's and Cholo's

straight_edge76

I think ever since The Monday Night Wars Ended WWE hasn't been as good. But Id have to say the Brock Lesner Era was the worst IMO and the last few months of '06 with Cena becoming Superman and Rey being pushed as a MaiN Eventer. But 2006 did have good things (CM Punk, Rated RKO, ECW)

straight_edge76

I watched WWF back in 1995 I didnt think it was that bad, but then again I was ONLY FIVE YEARS OLD, the only bad thing I can see is Mable at the KOR winner and main eventing Summer Slam. When I was younger I remember loving Savio and Razor's tag team. But looking back and watching now, I still love him! He may have been a corny character and not such a good in ring wrestler but it was the 1990's! Goldust also won the IC championship in late 95 am I right? Yeah that was bad.

Was it in '95 or '96 that Hart/Bulldog had a awesome feud highlighted with a match at In Your House iwth Bret getting busted open by the ringpost and winning with a Vicory Roll?

gashface

Reaction score
I'd have to either go with 1993-1995 or 2003+ as that's when I stopped watching WWE. It was just awful.

However I think it's great how nobody mentions 07-2002. Best years of wrestling IMO. I don't think it's ever going to get that good again.

Bradders

Reaction score
I seriously didn't like the year of 1993 in the WWE as the public were just losing interest.

straight_edge76

I think that WWE was really good around the time of the Brand Extension.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I think ever since The Monday Night Wars Ended WWE hasn't been as good. But Id have to say the Brock Lesner Era was the worst IMO and the last few months of '06 with Cena becoming Superman and Rey being pushed as a MaiN Eventer. But 2006 did have good things (CM Punk, Rated RKO, ECW)

wtf?yeah Lesnar was pushed too quickly but he showed he deserved that, since he started main eventing ppv at Summerslam 2002(vs The Rock) he always put on an hell of a match(apart Lesnar vs Holly at 2003 RR), just to remind the HIAC vs taker, his feud with Bigshow had the best Bigshow's matches in his carrier, then Kurt Angle vs Lesnar was just awesome...just think they won the match of the year award, feud of the year, most improved wrestler and was N1 wrestler in PWI awards;it was the only time SD was better than Raw imo. also he was the last credible and goof performer monster heel we have seen in wwe.

:nonono: