Shawn McGrath (Osbourne) Dead at 34

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

I hope that his heel turn emphasizes Styles mat-based skills. A lot of people see AJ as just another high-flyer (and maybe rightfully so) but the fact of the matter is that he's a pretty good all around wrestler... He just needs a chance to show it the fans.

phantomgerald

what aj needs now is to take it up to the next level. russo is a huge fan of aj and if aj can prove to him and the rest of the creative team that he can be as good as a main eventer, then he can return to the ME scene

speedo_bobby

Reaction score
IMO, AJ had got incredibly stale.
The guy's not even 30 and he's a multiple-time NWA World, Tag and X-Division Champion.
Where else was there for him to go as the plucky babyface?

The heel turn is giving him a chance to develop some promo skills (the one he cut on Angle the other week was great) and get the audience to care about him as a character, not just a spotmonkey.
That way, when he turns face again, he might be ready to be the guy who can really carry the company as an all-round performer.

Worked for The Rock.

4lkz

Reaction score
I like him being a heel more, but it does indeed seem like his matches are lacking. He was being way over pushed for a while, but I think it's good that he has slowed down and really focused on a gimmick/promos.

RATED-RKO21

Reaction score
Being heel is what got him to the nwa championship in the first place when the tna started so im used to it i think it was about time he turned heel again hopefully future champ again

xtremebadass

they are definitely pushin him in the right direction, in a year or so Cage AJ and Joe are going to be headlining every PPV

jinth0688

Reaction score
i say he was much more entertaining before turning heel indeed

xtremebadass

When he was face he had no personality, now that he is heel, they make him like he is a stupid hick, which is quite the transition from his previous character which is pretty creative

Ox Baker

Reaction score
No freakin way is he better as a face.....

FINALLY, we get to see aj do some promos where he isn't just an angry young man pumped up about his next match. Turning heel gives him a direction to go and more opportunity on the mic. He and christian together are awesome on the mic. Did ya hear aj cut on angle and joe? This adds more fiber to another layer of persona aj needs to learn to be a complete wrestler. Yes, he's a high flyer, yes he's a good mat wrestler, his mic skills and confidence lacked on the mic, much like angle when he entered wwe, we've all seen what a lil mic time and heel turn did for angle. I do feel they need him in an angle with a better wrestler than rhino, how bout an rvd feud at summers end?

bighustle233

Reaction score
Good job TNA, turn your best all around wrestler into a heel who spends the whole match playing up to his heel character and doesnt do an ounce of wrestling.

Man, TNA is starting to suck ass right now

RonaldMcDonald

Reaction score
TNA is starting to suck I mean they don't even do that much great promos except for Nash and the paparazi. I hope TNA gets a 2 hour timeslot and gets Goldberg in there.

whotook316

Reaction score
I think AJ will do OK as a heel as soon as he finished his fued with Rhino. Some one suggested he might join Christian's stable - that could work out pretty good.

xtremebadass

I don't think the stable is official yet, they are just guys who hang together, stables have names and have more of a presence on the show. I don't see the stable forming anytime soon since Styles is doing his thing with Rhino