Share Your First/Memorable Video Game Experiences

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Pokemon Yellow
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2,3
Dr Mario on Gameboy
Megaman 2
Sonic Spinball
Golden Axe
Altered Beast

Some of the best games ever made in there.
Pokemon Yellow is God tier

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
I can only remember first playing the sega genesis, having the sega channel, borrowing the
sega game gear from my brother and going over to friends to play sega dreamcast hahahahah

By the way Sega Channel was the hiznits back in the day. I miss that hahaha good stuff.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
My very first one was some lame GameCube game, but my first REAL one was the Spiderman ps1 game
220px-Spider-Man_2000_game_cover.jpg

Reactions: jminter2698

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Going to show my age here...

atari-2600.jpg

Yes, the Atari 2600... in 1980 at 4 years of age I played Combat on the 2600... That and Missile Command kept my interest peaked and my first true mind blowing experience was on Christmas Day in 1985 when I received the NES and the Super Mario Bros game... which, many don't know, was not originally bundled with the system... Super Mario Bros was awesome.. then 3 months later the Legend of Zelda arrived on the scene and my love for RPGs blossomed and still grows to this day.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Going to show my age here...

atari-2600.jpg

Yes, the Atari 2600... in 1980 at 4 years of age I played Combat on the 2600... That and Missile Command kept my interest peaked and my first true mind blowing experience was on Christmas Day in 1985 when I received the NES and the Super Mario Bros game... which, many don't know, was not originally bundled with the system... Super Mario Bros was awesome.. then 3 months later the Legend of Zelda arrived on the scene and my love for RPGs blossomed and still grows to this day.

Thanks to my oldest brother being born in the 70's, I have played on that too.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
We also had a TurboGrafx-16 and I remember Keith Courage in Alpha Zones giving me nightmares but I used to love that game. lol

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Like the sexy Kevin, my first video game experience was with the Atari 2600. We were poor so we got it very late, like 1983 or 4. We got the system and a lot of games. It was right before the video game crash, so games got really cheap really fast. I remember going to Sears and they had a bin full of open cartridges for a dollar.

But my first game was Pac Man for the Atari 2600, one of the games that people think caused the crash. But It began a life long fascination with video games and I will never forget it.

I also get the NES late... around 1989. However, I had a job when the Super Nintendo game out and I got it right away.

The best thing ever, though was when my mom bought me a game boy for Christmas in 1990. The best Christmas present I ever got. Then, when I was living with my former boyfriend and his sister, the sister's boyfriend stole my game boy and sold it. :( I loved that little system so much.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Then, when I was living with my former boyfriend and his sister, the sister's boyfriend stole my game boy and sold it. :emoji_slight_frown: I loved that little system so much.
That is just dirty. I had an ex who would "borrow" games from his friends or cousins and sell them at Gamestop for pot money.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That is just dirty. I had an ex who would "borrow" games from his friends or cousins and sell them at Gamestop for pot money.

It was heart breaking really. I was always the left out middle kid who didn't get much attention and sometimes my dad would actually buy presents for my other siblings and not buy anything for me. So when my mom bought me that game boy, it was the best present I ever had. So that piece of shit stealing it, I can't even convey it

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It was heart breaking really. I was always the left out middle kid who didn't get much attention and sometimes my dad would actually buy presents for my other siblings and not buy anything for me. So when my mom bought me that game boy, it was the best present I ever had. So that piece of shit stealing it, I can't even convey it

I could understand that. I had a few things growing up that meant a lot to me too. Some people only care about themselves and their own needs. It takes a real low leveled crappy person to do that to someone though. I believe people reap what they sow so I am sure he got punished for it.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
California Games on the Atari is the first one I really remember playing. Pitfall too I suppose