Share Your First/Memorable Video Game Experiences

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
My earliest memories were watching my dad play a Sega Genesis and my sister had a Super Nintendo, I think we used to have an Atari but I'm not sure. I specifically remember the Mortal Kombat phase and the sports games my dad always used to play like basketball, baseball and football, as well as Sonic The Hedgehog. My sister always played Super Mario Bros and was into Donkey Kong Country and The Legend Of Zelda. I actually never had a chance to play those games when they first came out but we had them for many years after that because we would always switch to the newest version of the game after a few years of playing the same ones over and over. My first time playing it myself was when I was around 6 or 7 years old and still had the Sega Genesis from earlier in the 90's, I didn't get a PlayStation system until 2000 but it was the small white mini version, my dad had the original grey one from 95 and before I got one myself I always came over to his house to hang out with him and play Tekken 2 and he would always beat me lol

Reactions: Red Rain

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know that I had some Pokemon games first, but the earliest direct memory I can recall is playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 on PS2 with my neighbor before elementary school in third or fourth grade. Another early memory that could possibly predate that if I'm not remembering the order correctly is whenever I got pissed off at a PS2 game and chucked it as hard as I could to the other side of the basement. I can't recall why. I'm pretty sure it was Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Super Mario Bros on NES.

That was when I was three years old maybe? Hooked from that point on.

Reactions: Crash

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That I could remember? That Duck Hunt game. lol I played quite a few games on the NES but really got into gaming with the SNES.

Reactions: Red Rain

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
It would be watching my dad play his Atari playing pong, space invaders, pacman and an athletics game. I Probably playing Pong against him would be the first game i ever played at like 4 years old.

First game i ever owned myself would have been Super Mario Bros when I got a NES for my 5th birthday

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
latest
9b876ac034df35b2_256x256.png

These are the games I played when I was around 3

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Pokemon Yellow
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2,3
Dr Mario on Gameboy
Megaman 2
Sonic Spinball
Golden Axe
Altered Beast

Some of the best games ever made in there.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Pokemon Yellow
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2,3
Dr Mario on Gameboy
Megaman 2
Sonic Spinball
Golden Axe
Altered Beast

Some of the best games ever made in there.
Didnt start playing games till around 2002/3 and also played pokemon but it was Emerald. In my defence was only 3

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
>playstation
>first gaming experience
Fuck. I'm old.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
The Nintendo 64. My first game was Diddy Kong Racing, and I got used to it quite easily. Once I figured out how the basic fuctions worked, I adapted to not only this game, but many. I remember the next games I would play would be gold mines. One of the Mario Parties, Army Men Sarge's Heroes, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It wouldn't be long until I got a Gameboy Color and then more came into my hands, such as my first Game boy game, Pokemon Blue. It was a heavy mixture of the music, storyline, gameplay and lore that attracted me to most games. It was all extremely immersive and from then on out I got more consoles, and expanded to many different games and whatnot. I also gained the interest of not only new titles, but overall all games and consoles. Atari 2600 is bae.