Seinfeld

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Seinfeld_English_logo.png

One of the most popular and most loved shows of all time that ran for 9 seasons and 180 episodes. I was too young when it was originally on so I never watched it then and in the years after I just never bothered catching up on the show. The show is always on in Australia on free to air and pay-tv yet I had never watched even one episode until a couple of months ago. I finally decided that I have to see what the fuss is about so I started watching them whenever they were on television. I didn't start from the beginning I just tuned in on a random episode and I have to say that I am hooked. I am kicking myself for leaving it so long to start watching this show because it is exactly the type of humour that I like. The four work so well together and all bring a lot to the show but I have to say that Kramer is my favourite. Such an oddball.

I am sure that there are quite a few Seinfeld fans on the forum so get in this thread and let me know your favourite character, favourite episodes, favourite moments etc.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
One of my favourite shows of all time.

Sadly it never took off in England like it did in the states. Part of that was down to the BBC as the first time I watched the show it was on about ten to midnight on a week night! A show like that needs a prime time slot and a chance for people to get into it. Anyway I got into it more when I started watching it regularing on comedy central (or Paramount comedy) and now own all the seasons on DVD.

I love the cast, how distinctive the dialouge is, the blackness of the comedy, how it relates to real life but also how different it is most Television comedies too. It is also one of the best shows for the supporting cast too as well as for the location work.

Favourite Character: George

Favourite Season: 6

Favourite Episode: The Beard

Favourite Moments: Elaine and George wrestling with his fake wig and her throwing it out the window. Jerry trying to throw the mable rye up to George in Susan's parents appartment. The race between Jerry and his old school rival (they play the Superman theme). George searching for Jerry, Elaine and Susan at the pictures and doing his rant "I had to eat at reggies Jerry, REGGIES"! Kramer chasing Newman with the risk board as he chases the his car being toed away, Jerry looks on in bemusement. And many more.

Other episodes I recommend The Baby Shower, the Ex, The Journor Mint, The Library, The Boyfriend, The Bubble Boy, The Implant, The Spounge, The Soap Naitz, The Label Maker, the Dealship.

Reactions: 1 person

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
I only recall 2 specific episodes; that Soup Nazi episode (because everyone keeps quoting it I decided to watch on Youtube) and I remember an episode where George plays Frogger with an actual arcade unit across a busy road.

I was also in a similar situation in that I was kinda too young to appreciate the show, but lately I have been thinking of checking out some more episodes.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm, but Seinfeld is still watchable for me. I don't find it as amazing as a lot of people do, but I can watch a couple episodes at a time. Short bursts. I was always a Married With Children guy in those years, so I didn't leave a lot of time for Seinfeld.

Miss D

Reaction score
I have not seen that much of the show but what I have seen I have enjoyed and would likely get in more one day

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I only recall 2 specific episodes; that Soup Nazi episode (because everyone keeps quoting it I decided to watch on Youtube) and I remember an episode where George plays Frogger with an actual arcade unit across a busy road.I was also in a similar situation in that I was kinda too young to appreciate the show, but lately I have been thinking of checking out some more episodes.

Yeah that is one of the better episodes of the later seasons, again just a very original idea.

Also was wondering for people who know the show well which is your favourite stand-up routines of Jerry's?

I really like the one from season two I think when he is commenting on how the police deal with robberies at one stage talking about how they "give you your copy, now unless they give the criminal his copy I don't think we are gonna solve this crime" "After all its not like in Batman where there are only about three criminals in the whole city and everyone pretty much knows everyone".

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
One of my favourite shows of all time.

Sadly it never took off in England like it did in the states. Part of that was down to the BBC as the first time I watched the show it was on about ten to midnight on a week night! A show like that needs a prime time slot and a chance for people to get into it. Anyway I got into it more when I started watching it regularing on comedy central (or Paramount comedy) and now own all the seasons on DVD.

I love the cast, how distinctive the dialouge is, the blackness of the comedy, how it relates to real life but also how different it is most Television comedies too. It is also one of the best shows for the supporting cast too as well as for the location work.

Favourite Character: George

Favourite Season: 6

Favourite Episode: The Beard

Favourite Moments: Elaine and George wrestling with his fake wig and her throwing it out the window. Jerry trying to throw the mable rye up to George in Susan's parents appartment. The race between Jerry and his old school rival (they play the Superman theme). George searching for Jerry, Elaine and Susan at the pictures and doing his rant "I had to eat at reggies Jerry, REGGIES"! Kramer chasing Newman with the risk board as he chases the his car being toed away, Jerry looks on in bemusement. And many more.

Other episodes I recommend The Baby Shower, the Ex, The Journor Mint, The Library, The Boyfriend, The Bubble Boy, The Implant, The Spounge, The Soap Naitz, The Label Maker, the Dealship.

It actually still has a really strong following in Australia, I think that Australia was one of it's biggest markets aside from the US. Every night on one of the Pay-tv channels there are three episodes of Seinfeld so it must still rate strongly here, it makes it easy for me to catch up with the show. I will have to track down some of the episodes you mentioned to check them out. Jerry Stiller's delivery is amazing as well, how the other actors don't break when he delivers his lines I do not know.

I like how it is a show that doesn't really worry about long term arcs and doesn't have messy relationships between the characters. They basically have the same set of characters each week and they just get into a situation and then repeat. It is a simple premise but that is all I want to see and it is executed perfectly, no need for complicated over the top storylines.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It actually still has a really strong following in Australia, I think that Australia was one of it's biggest markets aside from the US. Every night on one of the Pay-tv channels there are three episodes of Seinfeld so it must still rate strongly here, it makes it easy for me to catch up with the show. I will have to track down some of the episodes you mentioned to check them out. Jerry Stiller's delivery is amazing as well, how the other actors don't break when he delivers his lines I do not know.

I like how it is a show that doesn't really worry about long term arcs and doesn't have messy relationships between the characters. They basically have the same set of characters each week and they just get into a situation and then repeat. It is a simple premise but that is all I want to see and it is executed perfectly, no need for complicated over the top storylines.

Agree with you on Stiller, in fact find him to be underrated. Don't know how far you are in but the first episode where George's dad appears there are actually two versions, in the original episode there is a different actor playing him, but later when they decided on Stiller they reshoot the episode with him included. "Your supposed to be able to see my face in them, (points the shoes at George) CAN YOU SEE MY FACE"?

About there being a lack of long term arcs or relationships, that isn't always the case see season 4 and 7.

I think part of the idea of the show is that characters are ultmately set to fail due to their superfical flaws and how picky they are, so its quite a clever device that many episodes have them in them presuit of love, thinking they might have found the one but than it falling apart by the end.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not much of a fan. There are a few episodes that really stand out but most of them seem very throw away. Though in it's defense I don't really like shows without an overarching storyline. Some of the funniest episodes for me revolved more around George than the ones around Jerry. Vandalay Industries, Georges answering machine, Festivus, his not getting the fired memo stand out as the only ones other than soup nazi and the pissing in the parking garage episode. It really was a show about nothing for me so I really don't remember much of the other episodes. 6 episodes out of 10 seasons (I'm counting the real first season must people don't know about)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not much of a fan. There are a few episodes that really stand out but most of them seem very throw away. Though in it's defense I don't really like shows without an overarching storyline. Some of the funniest episodes for me revolved more around George than the ones around Jerry. Vandalay Industries, Georges answering machine, Festivus, his not getting the fired memo stand out as the only ones other than soup nazi and the pissing in the parking garage episode. It really was a show about nothing for me so I really don't remember much of the other episodes. 6 episodes out of 10 seasons (I'm counting the real first season must people don't know about)

But as I just pointed out there are examples where they did use a story arc or recurring storylines, but overall I think the show works better without them. Needless to say I hope you revisit the show, because for me it is one of the most original and entertaining things ever on TV.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I enjoyed when George went against his instincts and then everything was suddenly working out for him.

Also when he tried to convince people that he had black friends.

Reactions: Keith

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Seinfeld was hysterical.

My favorite one was where Kramer and Jerry end up becoming movie bootleggers, lol.

"He's gonna do it! He's gonna give him the Death Blow!"

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Seinfeld was hysterical.

My favorite one was where Kramer and Jerry end up becoming movie bootleggers, lol.

"He's gonna do it! He's gonna give him the Death Blow!"

Nice choice! I like the fact that to start off with Jerry is against the guy and his bootlegging but then really gets into it and gets a complex when he is doing it. Great stuff!

Think I will start watching these again over the summer and will be adding to this thread as a I do.