Season One Draft

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah the only problem with this first draft was time, not people not having a chance of getting any of the picks they wanted.

The randomized order makes it unfair in a way - but using Snake method of ordering helps fix that, and even if we just went from 1-12 in each round it wouldn't matter as life is unfair. Probabilities that can't be controlled exist in Pokemon battles, no matter how much Smogon tries to make battling boring with their insistence on "fairness" and "having quick matches"

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I feel like that's good in theory, but harder in practice. Doing it the way that was done this time works rather well, as like Base stated, everyone has freedom over their strategy. It's not like WWE is exactly shallow in the roster pool. Even after 55 picks made, there's still main eventers as free agents. My suggestion would be to the participants, to make better utilization of the lists
I just figured this would be better because you want wrestlers who are active for this, no? Kind of hurts if you pick someone who hardly ever has a match.

Ah well. Was just a passing thought between thinking of cats.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I just figured this would be better because you want wrestlers who are active for this, no? Kind of hurts if you pick someone who hardly ever has a match.

Ah well. Was just a passing thought between thinking of cats.
Most of the time yes, you'd want someone who is active. But again, there's more than enough active people on the roster where people aren't FORCED into making draft picks such as say, Drew McIntyre for example. People may want to draft someone who is injured to secure them for their return, when they'll presumably be hot. Or someone may pick a part timer like Lesnar or Taker because even though they may only appear once or twice within a season, they have better odds of getting points off of them, whereas going with someone who wrestles every week offers more opportunity to lose them points.

Feel free to sit back and watch a master at work, and take notes so maybe you can join and maybe be in the running for second place next season :reigns4:

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'd touch Bayley but for different reasons...

Lol but seriously I considered touching Bayley. She has the belt, she might not lose it anytime soon, even if she does it looks like they may have her and Sasha face off against Bliss & Cross for the tag belts - and they will probably win their tag team titles back if that's the case.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Oh boy....

Things could be getting exciteing here VERY soon.

Reports have been saemring in that John Morrison has signed a new deal with WWE
Report: WWE signs John Morrison to a new deal

And CM Punk might be on WWE programming soon aswell thanks to Fox..maybe.

if even one of those happens the scramble to get either person will be fun, admittedly though i think Punk appearing at AEW is far more likely, even if he isnt mad at them anymore i just dont see him going anywhere near WWE, even if Fox has alot of money to give.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
@The Reagmaster shouldn't we have a separate thread for people to comment what free agents and/or trades we want? Don't want this thread to become cluttered, it is just meant to be the draft thread after all

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Definitely. What kind of shithead would just keep posting all sorts of random nonsense in this thread? Especially when the draft is already over

I don't know because I have never done it. Anyway how good is this weather?

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Every time I hear "Unos Dos Tres Cuatro" now I think of Pitbull. Damn you Mr. Worldwide!

giphy.gif