Scotts Classics Discussion and Q and A

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thing I would say in Van Dam's favour is that when you see some of the crap which has been inducted then you could make a case for him, mostly based on his ECW run as Scott said. Personally I don't think WWE will ever induct him, because I don't think they have ever rated him that highly and making his name in a different promotion might work against him.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Yo Scott, I got one which is gonna get an entire essay of a response from you lol.

I really wanna get into the Horsemen which got into the Hall of Fame... Flair, Windham, Anderson & Tully.. So Really, this is gonna be a long ass list and stuff, but where are their best matches singly, together, promos... You name it, anything Horsemen related which I got to see...

Defo want to see more of Tully & Windham if possible.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Yo Scott, I got one which is gonna get an entire essay of a response from you lol.

I really wanna get into the Horsemen which got into the Hall of Fame... Flair, Windham, Anderson & Tully.. So Really, this is gonna be a long ass list and stuff, but where are their best matches singly, together, promos... You name it, anything Horsemen related which I got to see...

Defo want to see more of Tully & Windham if possible.

Been a crazy busy weekend and start to the week, will totally put something together in the next few days for sure.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Ok Effects,

I'll start with Single Matches and Feuds, not all including their time in the Horsemen
Will list feuds with a few matches more about the feud though, had other good matches with these guys.

I'll go simple with Flair because you have probably seen it

Flair vs Windham Maybe the most Underrated feud of all time. A lot of great stuff here (Crockett Cup 87, Battle of The Belts 2 (86), World Wide Wrestling 1/20/87 My Personal Favorite)
Luger This was all about making Luger the next big thing (Starrcade 88)
Vader Played emotions up well here (Starrcade 93)
Sting Feud that made Sting and his 20+ year run (Clash of The Champions I favorite match of all time)
Randy Savage Great match, feud wasn't great (WM8)
Harley Race Great feud, alright match (Starrcade 1983)
Terry Funk This was more about the feud. The way they built this was BRILLIANT! (Clash 9)
Steamboat Greatest Feud Ever (EVERYTHING)

Arn Anderson
Most of his were tag bouts and feuds
Any Wargames matches the mans stamina was crazy.
Minnesota Wrecking Crew feud with Dusty and Magnum, Rock N Roll Express, Midnight Express
Brainbusters vs Strike Force WM 5 Love This Match
With Roma vs Hollywood Blondes
vs Bobby Eaton for TV Title
with Zbyszko vs Steamboat and Rhodes
vs Flair (Fall Brawl 95)
Retirement Speech

Tully Blanchard
vs Dustin Rhodes Ridiculously underrated feud. A Million matches here, could pick any (Starrcade 1986)
vs Magnum T.A Another Excellent feud (Starrcade 1985)
vs Wahoo McDaniel
with Luger vs Dusty and Magnum and Rock N' Roll Express
vs Windham

Barry Windham
Flair and Blanchard already named
with Luger vs Blanchard and Anderson (Clash 1)
vs Dusty Rhodes (GAB 88)
with Flair vs Midnight Express (Clash 4)
With Flair vs. Eddie Gilbert & Ricky Steamboat (NWA TV 1/21/89)
vs Luger GREAT HEEL TURN, and good feud (Chi Town Rumble 89)
Vs Pillman (Superbrawl 91)
with Dustin Rhodes Underrated team
vs Arn and Eaton (Clash 6)
vs Austin and Rude (GAB 92)
vs MVC (GAB 92)
With Pillman vs Dr Death and Austin (Starrcade 92)
with Hennig vs Malenko and Benoit ( Superbrawl 99, Uncensored 99)

Horsemen Feuds altogether

Original Group
Dusty Rhodes
Barry Windham
Magnum T.A.
Rock N Roll Express
Nikita Koloff
Road Warriors

With Luger
Turning on Ole
Wargames Matches

With Windham
vs Luger
All The Title Feuds

with Sting
vs Gary Hart's Stable

with Vicious
vs Dudes With Attitudes

with Roma
vs Hollywood Blondes

with Benoit and Pillman
Sting
Savage
Luger
Sullivan

with McMichael
Turn on Kevin Greene

with Jarrett
Nothing

with Hennig
Hennig's Turn

With Benoit and Malenko
NWO
Bischoff
Any Tag Matches

Isabellas2007

Reaction score
What happened to Van Vader? I know he went to WWF for a while. Then he just faded away and I never heard anything from him again. He was one of my favorite wrestlers in WCW and I really like the feuds he would have with Sting. Anyone know?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
What happened to Van Vader? I know he went to WWF for a while. Then he just faded away and I never heard anything from him again. He was one of my favorite wrestlers in WCW and I really like the feuds he would have with Sting. Anyone know?

He went back to Japan and had some success there. Teamed with Scorpio for a while just a few years ago too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
May be kinda' hard to answer, but who do you think is the most underrated wrestler in history? Overrated?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
May be kinda' hard to answer, but who do you think is the most underrated wrestler in history? Overrated?

Overrated is easy. Scott Steiner by a long shot. Just can't stand the guy. I'll give you some of his promos are comedic the problem is at first they weren't supposed to be. He's very unsafe in the ring and that even goes back to his tag days. Just never seen anything in the guy.

Underrated I'll give a top 5 and some will surprise you and cause debate.

5. Mike Awesome
IWC loves the guy but I have a feeling the casual fan has no idea who he is. After being World Class in ECW, WCW wasted him so badly it isn't even funny.

4. Brad Armstong
For some reason always liked this guy, which makes me a serious minority. He was a heck of a worker and could tell a story in the ring.

3. Too Cold Scorpio
He was the first guy to make Aerial wrestling cool in the US. People don't give him enough credit.

2. Jerry Lynn
Maybe my favorite of all time, Cult favorite in ECW and TNA but never made it big in the other companies although he was in both briefly.

1. Manny Fernandez
Love the Ragin' Bull and most people never heard of him. Good tag wrestler who had a very good team with Rude and one of the all time great brawlers.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Mike Awesome was Brock Lesnar before Brock Lesnar made it famous.

Still surprises me how WCW managed to fuck that one up, even given all the previous.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Mike Awesome was Brock Lesnar before Brock Lesnar made it famous.

Still surprises me how WCW managed to fuck that one up, even given all the previous.

One of the two biggest wastes ever with Vader in WWE the other. Both were hot coming in and both were severely misused. Although Awesome was way worse.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Overrated is easy. Scott Steiner by a long shot. Just can't stand the guy. I'll give you some of his promos are comedic the problem is at first they weren't supposed to be. He's very unsafe in the ring and that even goes back to his tag days. Just never seen anything in the guy.

141 2/3% chance of winning!