• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Scott Hall ESPN E:60

Dylanfsd

I might be a little late on this but I would have to say yes,Ive had my freaky times and have been told stories from my elders which is leading me to be a believer

Ben

ESPN's E:60 special covering Scott Hall will air tonight at 8PM ET. The piece on Hall will cover his personal issues, and feature interviews with Hall, his ex-wife Dana, his son Cody, Stephanie McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nash, Justin Credible, Sean Waltman, Mike Mooneyham and more.

[video=youtube;IiAoI-FmSCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiAoI-FmSCI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Don't think he's getting the whole hour slot, but I'm sure he's getting a longer segment. E:60 is one of the better things that ESPN does, and this looks like it's well put together.

Dale

Super Moderator
If anyone could upload / link this when it comes available would be much appreciated.

PHX

Legacy Member
Watching it right now and just is really one of the saddest things I have ever seen when he was at that wrestling event where they had to drag him out there. The promoter who pretty much had him dragged out there so he wouldn't have to give refunds is just a real dick.

OMR

never knew he killed someone, that was something new. sad to see someone who i watch on tv for years turn out the way scott hall has. hopefully he will get clean and stay that way.

SAIYANS

Watching it right now and just is really one of the saddest things I have ever seen when he was at that wrestling event where they had to drag him out there. The promoter who pretty much had him dragged out there so he wouldn't have to give refunds is just a real dick.

How is he a dick?

He did what he was supposed to do, Scott screwed the fuck up. He deserved to be embarrassed for it, not the promotion or promoter who honored their words.

Was it pretty to make a fool of him? Nah, but he got what he deserved in that moment and has no one but himself to blame. I would have dragged his ass out there and put him on blast before returning money that I did nothing wrong to earn, it's just business

PHX

Legacy Member
Obviously it was fucked up for Hall to be like that but it's just like TNA with Jeff Hardy if you know they are fucked up you don't put them out there and make your WHOLE promotion look like shit which is what that promoter did to his little promotion. Yeah it made Hall look bad but it made him and the show he tried to present look bad too so the fans ended up wasting money anyways. It's not something you would see by a well ran promotion (WWE for example) so not saying Hall is in the clear that was embarassing on his part but it is embarassing on the promoters end too to show how far he'll go to make sure he didn't have to give people their money back or at least make a proper adjustment and tell Hall to get out the building.

OMR

I got to say, if i was in that promoters shoes, i most likely would have done the same thing he did. when your trying to run a business and you have employees to pay and other expenses to pay, its kind of hard to give people their money back because one person fucked up. the guy would end up losing money and thats not good for business. people didnt like that scott hall was made to go out there in the condition he was in, but its business.

SAIYANS

Obviously it was fucked up for Hall to be like that but it's just like TNA with Jeff Hardy if you know they are fucked up you don't put them out there and make your WHOLE promotion look like shit which is what that promoter did to his little promotion. Yeah it made Hall look bad but it made him and the show he tried to present look bad too so the fans ended up wasting money anyways. It's not something you would see by a well ran promotion (WWE for example) so not saying Hall is in the clear that was embarassing on his part but it is embarassing on the promoters end too to show how far he'll go to make sure he didn't have to give people their money back or at least make a proper adjustment and tell Hall to get out the building.
He doesn't have the payroll of WWE, TNA, or ROH. They sold tickets off that guy and had no suitable substitute on the roster, and we're given no time to try and find one to fill in. It is far different than TNA who had plenty of guys to fill in for Hardy or WWE who has a roster full to fit in the place of one guy.

This guy was oven no time at all. He doesn't want to be the guy who baits and switches because Hall shows up shit faced at the last minute. He also can't be the guy who refunds all the cash he made and can't pay the wrestlers, event staff, and personnel because Hall fucked up.

He embarrassed him, I would've too. It wasn't like the guy was sick. It wasn't like he had a week or so to replace him. Hall came in no shape to work much like he has done in the past in every company he has been in. He just got put on exhibit for being a screw up this time. And it was about time he got embarrassed because he is a fucking waste. A waste of money on the part of wwe. A waste of caring by his friends. A waste of time for the people who want to clean up their addiction truly in rehab, over just treating as a vacation every year on someone's dime and then coming back out and getting fucked up again.

He deserves no pity or sympathy, because he really hasn't truly wanted to change as much as guys have wanted and tried their asses off to safe him from himself

PHX

Legacy Member
This is the thing though that gets me about the whole thing. Why the fuck do you even book Scott Hall knowing how he is? I get letting him get embarassed but you're gonna base your whole show on making an ass of one guy? He still could have made the same point saying how bad he was and that is why he isn't apart of the match or whatever. He can't even make a point of he did it to give people what they paid for because even though I don't know for sure I'm confident that people probably wanted refunds after seeing that garbage. So I'm not saying feel sorry for Scott Hall, but at least think about the fact that since you don't have WWE, ROH, TNA rep or payroll that this stunt could screw up anyone wanting to come to your promotion since apparently you don't give a fuck if you got to drag a damn near dead person out there and it compermises people having a good time watching your show.

SAIYANS

They booked him after he went through yet another round of rehab and was clean and sober supposedly. Don't you remember this being right around when he said he wouldn't go to the HOF because he didn't want to fall back into his old ways?

PHX

Legacy Member
Yeah I remember but as I just found out by watching this is that he was like fresh out the hospital pretty much when he came to that show so it just was too soon for them to put stock in the guy that he was gonna show up and show up sober. Was stupid as fuck on Scott part and don't feel sorry for him same time I just couldn't see myself dragging somebody out there and not considering the people who had to work with him and the people who are out there having to see that sad incident.

Ben

The promoter was wrong plain and simple as much as Hall was for coming to the show fucked out of his mind. You don't throw a guy out there that can't walk, talk, or doesn't now where he is. Overall though I liked the special, well put together even if it told the same sad story that is Hall. Hopefully the guy can stay clean for the time he has left, the abuse he did to his body is going to make it hard for him to make it past 60, so the best he can do is enjoy the time he has left now.