• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Scooby Doo vs. Pinky and the Brain

Which is better?

• Scooby Doo

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Pinky and the Brain

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
But Scooby had the exact same storyboard for every episode, with Location & Supporting Cast names being all that really changes. That is my point.Pinky & The Brain had more than just the same Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Included minor educational tidbits, which is something that cannot be said about Scooby. I will not deny the fact that it only saw 2 seasons on its own, but it was also going up against Superman, Batman, Superman/Batman, Justice League, Spider-Man, X-Men, The Incredible Hulk, The Marvel Power Hour(Fantastic Four & Iron Man), etc. at the height of the comic book cartoon adaptations popularity, while Scooby was not releasing new episodes at the time, yet Pinky & The Brain has survived longer in this tournament than all but one of those shows.

Mark of a great show if you ask me. Scooby Doo is a pure classic and should win this whole thing now.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Mark of a great show if you ask me. Scooby Doo is a pure classic and should win this whole thing now.

How would you feel if Raw was actually that cut & paste week in & week out? I have been on forums long enough to know that if even one small piece of a storyline from 20+ years ago is being reused it gets shit on by the majority of the members.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
How would you feel if Raw was actually that cut & paste week in & week out? I have been on forums long enough to know that if even one small piece of a storyline from 20+ years ago is being reused it gets shit on by the majority of the members.

Different kind of show through, if raw featured roughtly the same line up for a few weeks but the talent involved came up with inventive ideas to spice the matches up then I wouldn't mind, but wrestling by its nature is a fast moving business. The famliar is part of Scobby Doo's charm.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

I was actually having flashbacks to Nitro while posting that, Goldberg matches, anything that ended in an nWo run-in, a Scott Steiner promo, etc.

And I don't have any problem with Scooby, I grew up on it too, its just as I got older the pattern was just overdone. Even other Hannah Barbara cartoons didn't follow a pattern that closely.

I was actually having flashbacks to Nitro while posting that, Goldberg matches, anything that ended in an nWo run-in, a Scott Steiner promo, etc.

And I don't have any problem with Scooby, I grew up on it too, its just as I got older the pattern was just overdone. Even other Hannah Barbara cartoons didn't follow a pattern that closely.

Rated R Superstar

Fuck, this whole thing has made me want to go back and watch some Scooby Doo and Pinky & the Brain. The new Scooby stuff is garbage compared to the old stuff.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
I went with Scooby simply because... once again... the Pinky and the Brain franchise was most popular while it was a segment of the Animaniacs cartoon series and actually diluted in popularity once it became a stand-alone show. I definitely liked Pinky and the Brian, but Scooby was a show that stood on it's own for many more years and was never a left hand of another show.

PHX

Legacy Member
I went with Scooby simply because... once again... the Pinky and the Brain franchise was most popular while it was a segment of the Animaniacs cartoon series and actually diluted in popularity once it became a stand-alone show. I definitely liked Pinky and the Brian, but Scooby was a show that stood on it's own for many more years and was never a left hand of another show.
This is pretty much the main reason why I'm picking Scooby Doo as well. Loved Pinky and the Brain but just wasn't meant to be a show that could stand on its own and be able to branch out into a whole movie like Scooby Doo did (though I wouldn't mind a Pinky and The Brain movie)

Troy

Scooby Doo gets my vote. Great kids show and I am glad that it has managed to make it so far in this tournament.