Scooby Doo vs. Pinky and the Brain

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which is better?

• Scooby Doo

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Pinky and the Brain

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;LDQWOFfzmko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDQWOFfzmko[/video]

vs.

[video=youtube;oW17YYidGE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW17YYidGE4[/video]

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This is the closest I've been to voting against Scoobs, but I still couldn't do it.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Another no contest for me, Pinky and the Brain was a very very good show..... but it comes nowhere close to the 40+ years of greatness Scooby Doo has put forward, My all time favorite children's program and my pick to win it all

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
When it really comes down to it, it has been 40+ years of the exact same episode.

Had to go with Pinky & The Brain. NARF.

THis is ridiculous considering the main line in the other show is "What are we going to do today Brain? The Same thing we do everyday Pinky, Try to take over the world and them doing the same thing every episode helped them last a whole 2 years (4 if you count their occasional appearances on Animaniacs)... Your argument fails sir..

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
In Scooby it was always Kids arrive at some random place, meet some creepy dude who will be the guy when the "ghost" is unmasked, some lame trap that leads to the 10 door gag, followed by "and I would have gotten away with it..."

Each episode of Pinky & The Brain may have started & ended with "The same thing we do every night...", but the meat & bones of each episode was very different, sometimes teaching kids about history, literature, etc.

Your comparison fails sir.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
if your position was that you simply liked P&B better than Scooby, there would be nothing to argue.... but to say that one show followed a basic simple plotline and the other didn't is just wrong, almost all cartoons follow a very basic repetitive plotline because their audience is children.... My 2 boys LOVE scooby doo because they can try to figure out the "mystery" while watching... If it were meant to challenge the mind of the parent, it wouldn't be a children's program

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
But Scooby had the exact same storyboard for every episode, with Location & Supporting Cast names being all that really changes. That is my point.

Pinky & The Brain had more than just the same Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Included minor educational tidbits, which is something that cannot be said about Scooby. I will not deny the fact that it only saw 2 seasons on its own, but it was also going up against Superman, Batman, Superman/Batman, Justice League, Spider-Man, X-Men, The Incredible Hulk, The Marvel Power Hour(Fantastic Four & Iron Man), etc. at the height of the comic book cartoon adaptations popularity, while Scooby was not releasing new episodes at the time, yet Pinky & The Brain has survived longer in this tournament than all but one of those shows.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Hey I'm a big fan of P&B and always have been and to your argument of holding up against those other shows... it was reruns of old Scooby Doo's that still held up and survived through those same times... Plus I'm not sure you're right about them not making new episodes through that time as there have been numerous rehashes of the Scooby Doo franchise (some notably poor) including one that currenlty airs on the Cartoon Network.... History tells us that the formula works and works very well which is why it still thrives today.. But to each his own I guess, just felt like getting a good argument in this morning

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
There may have been Scooby movies at the time, but Warner Bros. was not working any new episodes. They were too busy with Animaniacs, Freakazoid, P&TB, Batman, Superman etc.

And the new Scooby show actually deviates from the originals pattern(which is the series I have the most issues with, 13 Ghosts was the only early series I remember changing the plotlines), there is an ongoing story involving Mr. E. voiced by Lewis Black.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
yeah I'm actually watching it right now :side:...... with my kids... didn't like the new series at first because of how it pokes fun at itself but it has grown on me.... and you're right there was a short lived series in the late 80's (a pup named Scooby) and then they did only tv movies through the 90's until 2002 when What's New Scooby Doo begain airing

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Was that the one with Simple Plan doing the opening theme? If so, I couldn't get past the opening.

Yeah, they also guest starred in an episode.... which reminds me of the awesome guest appearances Scooby used to get back in the day.... batman/robin, joker, penguin, harlem globetrotters, Kiss.... Korn guest starred in one of the early 2000 episodes